Wide trac axles comparison with standard spread

NormFox

I purchased a 2010 26ft north trail travel trailer new 3 years ago. It had the wide trac axles which were new to me. My previous experience was with a 5th wheel with standard distance between axles.
I have seen no comparisons with advantages/disadvantages of the wide trac design. Is there any info out there? I have experienced 1 bent axle with my present unit but was probably caused by potholes in alaska. Had alignment problems and consequent tire wear problems with my old 5th wheel axles.
Seems to me my tire wear is excessive on this unit, but may be because i am making too many very tight turns.
Does the wide trac handle better or worse on tight turns?

Manzan

My 2011 21fbs had axle problems when new and ruined the tires. Lippert replaced them 10K miles ago and the new tires I put on then show no wear now. This is the third trailer in the 26' range and the first wide track. It pulls very easily and very steady regardless of turns. I have a very tight 90° turn to make when I park it at home. Not sure I would go back to the regular spacing. Love this trailer!