Wilderness 3175RE Rockin' and a Rollin'

;)We have a 2013 Wilderness 3175RE that shakes any time anyone walks inside. We use 2 6x6's under each leveling jack and the trailer shakes all the time, even when our 7 yr old grandson's walk on the floor. I have tightened the jacks over and over and nothing helps. Do I have a natural "Shaker" or is there something I can do?

priorguy

Try x-chocks. BAL and Ultra-fab make them, even for wide-trax axels. There are also posts on the forum of how to make your own from PT lumber and threaded rod. It's the TT suspension that you need to stop from bouncing. Locking the tires together will help.

Dutch & Di

There are aftermarket stabilizer systems that permanently attach to your jacks {electric or hyduaulic} that do a great job of reducing unwanted movement inside your rig. Once installed they "follow" your jacks up or down. Once they are down and level, just tighten the triangular knob and you will have stability!
It also eliminates the need for a tri pod and you have nothing to put up or take down. We have been using our stabilizers for 7 years and would never have any 5th wheel without one. Hugs, Di

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
You could get some jack stands and place them under the frame by the wheels. You need to stop the suspension movement.

Thanks for your help. I believe that you hit the nail on the head. The jacks are more than 30 feet apart and by comtinuing to tighten the jacks, I am raising the corners without raising the middle at the wheels. I am creating a negative camber situation which allows the axle springs to create bounce. I am going to get 2-6 ton bottle jacks and use them to equalize the trailer with 6 points of stability. Thanks again!!!

priorguy

Thanks for your help. I believe that you hit the nail on the head. The jacks are more than 30 feet apart and by comtinuing to tighten the jacks, I am raising the corners without raising the middle at the wheels. I am creating a negative camber situation which allows the axle springs to create bounce. I am going to get 2-6 ton bottle jacks and use them to equalize the trailer with 6 points of stability. Thanks again!!!

Let us know if that works for you, another option for people to try.