Window screens.

Tomnbeth

We purchased a new Charleston a couple of weeks ago and just noticed it is missing a couple of window screens. The one at the rear of the trailer over the emergency exit window and the one behind the loveseat emergency window. The bedroom emergency exit window has a screen and all of our emergency exit Windows in our Landmark Mesa had window screens so should there be screens on all of the Windows?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We do not have screens over the emergency Windows in our 2016 Big Country. Probably because there is no real reason to open those emergency exits unless it's an emergency, and you don't really want a screen slowing down your exit. If there was a screen, you could not open the window at all without first removing it.

Are they like this pic? Lifting the red lever opens the window.

1eedeea270569ff272753730c3d707fc.jpg

Upon second look, I notice the bedroom has a lever style, that you can open partially for air, thus a screen. Not the same as the ones over the love seats.

66b1c1058b460bcb69c1f65794775c42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We have screens on both emergency exit windows . . .

However they pop out real easy!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also have screens over all of our emergency exit windows.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We also have screens over all of our emergency exit windows.

We did in our ElkRidge, when they were the sliding to the side type.

But these with a simple lever would not be able to be opened at all without removing the screen if there was one, and there's no mechanism to hold the window open for airflow, so why have a screen?

9480e7d7fb50696c6e583bb94e4c9349.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomnbeth

Thanks for the replies. The two windows that are missing the screens are egress only windows and don't need the screens so no concern anymore over missing screens.

r.lewis

Slow Rise Shades

Just installed slow rise shades. Is it ok to leave the night shades down while traveling. Concerned about the movement during travel.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk