Wine Storage

BobTheBuilder

We drink pretty good wine with our evening meals and when we find great wine at good prices, we buy cases of it. This 72 bottle rack was less than $50, I added the 2 vertical supports (other wise the weight might break it when you bounce) and anchored it to the front basement wall with 12 screws. This works well because we also installed the 2 direction MorRyde 90" long slide.
20171218_154857.jpg

Lynn1130

Very nice. Keep in mind that wine needs to rest if transported and every time you move you disturb it. So if you stay in one place for awhile your fine. If you are moving every week or so your wine is not "settled".

I am certainly no wine snob but doing what I can to make it taste better is always the goal.

wdk450

I hope that a huge, unexpected pothole, or making an accident preventative evasive maneuver, doesn't shatter some of your liquid investment. If it were mine, I would think of some way to tie down the top of the bottle necks.

Otherwise, an inventive solution, with nice workmanship!!!

BobTheBuilder

Based on my experience of many years towing TTs around the country, I don't think breakage is likely to be a problem. They cannot bounce out of the rack or against each other. As to movement, cases of wine are transported to stores and then home again in vehicles moving over bumpy roads. I guess it is an issue with very expensive and very old wines but we have moved cases many times at some distance and not seen any damage or degradation.

Lynn1130

You obviously have not driven some of the roads in the Oklahoma/Texas panhandle :)

Depending upon the wine some say rest it a week to two and some say up to 8 weeks.

mlpeloquin

Unless that they are a wine that has aged in the bottle for several years, bouncing won't hurt the wine. On the other hand, heat will destroy a wine quickly. Don't keep wine where it will get hot. Great for fall to spring. An electric wine cooler for the summer.