Winegard Travler Install

SeattleLion

Started the install of the Winegard Travler . Found the prewired coax and power control cable no problem, also found another wire that's like a speaker wire, one side white the other purple. I was wondering if anyone new what this might be for?
The wire coiled up in first picture. Thanks, Vince

2ewmtc0.jpg

In your photo (above) you show the cables coming out of a cut in the roof. How did you seal that cut to keep water out?

SeattleLion

Brian:
Frankly I am not intimately familiar with the rooftop satellite dishes, and only answered with a guess because nobody else seemed to be responding. That having being said, ALL of the motorized satellite antennas are going to need a fair amount of electrical power to run the aiming motors. I can't believe the limited 15 volts DC on the coax (nominally for the LMB amplifiers) from the satellite receiver is enough to do this. I DO know that the Carryout portable satellite antennas need a separate 12 volt power feed. So, my initial reply about the extra pair of wires was with this thought in mind.

The cable for the Winegard control module powers the antenna, not the coax. The coax powers the LNB's.

VMooreSR

In your photo (above) you show the cables coming out of a cut in the roof. How did you seal that cut to keep water out?

SeattleLion, The winegard travler comes with a plate just for that purpose, plus I used a liberal amount of Dicor roof sealant. Hope that helps.
Vince