Winegard Trav'ler Questions for '14 BC 3650RL

jdamude

I had a chance to explore the ceiling in our coach. We found the satellite coax cables rolled up in the ceiling above the access plate. Would it be ok to run the signal cable through the AC H duct to the front closet? I have read on other posts that the attic is exposed to the vents and sewer gases may get into the ducting. I thought I could push through the styrofoam into the closet area and from the duct to the access area in the ceiling. Any thoughts and advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

jbeletti

I had a chance to explore the ceiling in our coach. We found the satellite coax cables rolled up in the ceiling above the access plate. Would it be ok to run the signal cable through the AC H duct to the front closet? I have read on other posts that the attic is exposed to the vents and sewer gases may get into the ducting. I thought I could push through the styrofoam into the closet area and from the duct to the access area in the ceiling. Any thoughts and advise would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

With the laminated roof system, there's really "no attic" in the traditional sense. Between the interior ceiling panel and the roof decking, is engineered block foam. So it's solid - so to speak. Heartland can't advise you to run a coax in the ductwork, but I've heard of it being done before.