Winegard Trav'lr install ?

dlw930

I have a 2013 Key Largo prewired for the Winegard Travlr. The coaxial schematic on the HOM forum site indicates the coiled coax and control cable are located centered 22" from the front vent. My question is, how can I access the coils from inside the coach. I assume I need to drill a hole in the roof through which the cables are fed to the satellite dish connections. There are no blank plates or anything on the bedroom or front closet ceiling to provide obvious access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
We have a 2013 Key Largo and had the Winegard installed in June at the Heartland Rally in Goshen, well worth the money. However we did have a blank ceiling plate in bedroom to access coax cable. I would call HL with your VIN and ask them if they have a schematic for your unit locating the wires.

carl.swoyer

My wires are in the closet above the shelf. I think the one on the roof are accessed through the ac by opening the mixing chamber panel. I haven't done this yet but the diagram shows it coiled right behind the forward ac.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We have a 2013 Key Largo and had the Winegard installed in June at the Heartland Rally in Goshen, well worth the money. However we did have a blank ceiling plate in bedroom to access coax cable.
Was that ceiling plate there before the install or added when the Trav'lr was installed?

Peace
Dave

dlw930

We have a 2013 Key Largo and had the Winegard installed in June at the Heartland Rally in Goshen, well worth the money. However we did have a blank ceiling plate in bedroom to access coax cable. I would call HL with your VIN and ask them if they have a schematic for your unit locating the wires.

Where is the blank plate located in the bedroom?

murry135

Over the bed it is a small rectangle blank cover.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

dlw930

Over the bed it is a small rectangle blank cover.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I have the schematic. It says the cable coils are "centered" 22 inches rearward of the front vent. That could mean 22" directly back from the center of the vent (no coils there), or 22" back from the front vent but in the center side-to-side of the main coach roof which would put it over the bed, but nearer the edge of the bed next to the closet. Would be nice to have a more accurate location before I start drilling holes in the ceiling. Wish HL would've cut a hole and installed a cover plate at the coil location.

rjr6150

I have a 2013 Key Largo prewired for the Winegard Travlr. The coaxial schematic on the HOM forum site indicates the coiled coax and control cable are located centered 22" from the front vent. My question is, how can I access the coils from inside the coach. I assume I need to drill a hole in the roof through which the cables are fed to the satellite dish connections. There are no blank plates or anything on the bedroom or front closet ceiling to provide obvious access.

David just sent you a pm. Have a person who may be able to assist you.

murry135

Could the coax be coiled up behind one of the recessed lights instead of behind a blank cover?

dlw930

Could the coax be coiled up behind one of the recessed lights instead of behind a blank cover?

I suppose in the world of RV's, anything is possible. Out of curiosity ( and mild desperation) I removed the 4 light fixtures, but no sign of TV cables. :(

dlw930

Final report on install:

Thanks to HL customer support this morning (Monday) I was able to get a precise location of the coiled cables based on my VIN's build date. What I learned:

1. The first Key Largo's prewired for the Winegard (prior to Aug. ?, 2012) had the cable coils above the rear
bedroom speaker;

2. After 8/2012, (mine was built in Oct. 2012) they started putting the coils in a cavity 22" behind the front AC vent (5-6" rear of the center of the AC cover).

3. At some point, they switched to putting the coils above a solid electrical cover plate in the bedroom ceiling.

So depending on when your 2013 Key Largo was built, the coils could be in one of three different places. No wonder I got confused!

d73cc3bb78fdae1dbbc5d1b7b5b863c0.jpg
b41c17e168394dedc542f81eafad1551.jpg

jbeletti

Final report on install:

Thanks to HL customer support this morning (Monday) I was able to get a precise location of the coiled cables based on my VIN's build date. What I learned:

1. The first Key Largo's prewired for the Winegard (prior to Aug. ?, 2012) had the cable coils above the rear
bedroom speaker;

Sorry that I forgot about that - or I could have saved you some time.

dlw930

Jim, Sunday evening I found an old thread on the forum in which you shared that the cable termination in your Key Largo was above the rear bedroom speaker. The very helpful service tech was able to give me the date when they made the change to the roof location. No worries. All is good!

Wmnmy

dlw930 looks great I just had mine installed couldn't find pre wire had to fish wires and coax through rear end cap and slide I should have called heartland but it's installed and works awesome with my two receivers

Tomnbeth

David thanks for posting this information and the picture. I have a 2013 Landmark Mesa and I want to do the same installation so I have a few questions if you do not mind.
1. What size hole did you cut in the roof?
2. What cover did you use?
3. What kind of sealer did you use?
4. Where does the data cable terminate in the entertainment closet? I cannot see where it comes in.

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Noofear

They are there my installer had to fish for them but he finally found them we thought someone had just forgot but no they're up just have to look in my bighorn there was a blank plate I have the 3875 FB so my blank plate was actually just inside the bathroom

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk