Wineguard Traveler Direct TV Genie setup

Howdy All!

We will be picking up our Landmark from RVs For Less, in about two weeks, and im trying to get everything lined up to transfer our Direct TV service from the S&B to the trailer. We will have a Wineguard installed.
My question is how is best to set up the system? Is anyone using the wireless Genie with the main receiver in the living room and a mini wireless receiver in the bedroom?

Also, is there a coax and splitter run to the outside TV, so it plays what the living room receiver is tuned to?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Grantt & Allyson

lynndiwagoner

I don't know about the Genie with the Wineguard, but I currently use my Genie with a wireless mini genie in the bedroom with great success. I wouldn't fool with the splitter but instead get another wireless mini genie for the outside TV so that you could tune it to different channel from the main Genie or just move the wireless mini genie from the bedroom to the outside. It's real easy to move one.

danemayer

Hi Grantt,

You might want to take a look at our owner-written Landmark 365 User Guide. Looking at page 48, I believe you'll find there's coax in the living room that runs to the outside TV. If your living room satellite receiver had a coax output, you could make a connection there. But unless I'm mistaken, I don't think your Genie receiver has a coax output. So you might need to pick up a different output and convert the signal to RF to use that coax line. Or get another mini-Genie.

jbeletti

I've used a Genie in the RV. There is NO dedicated satellite coax for the outside TV. Though I've yet to use one, I wouldn't hesitate using a wireless a Genie client for the outdoor TV. There's usually a spare AC outlet behind the TV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the input. I currently have two minis in the S&B, so i'm thinking that i will simply install one each on the bedroom and outside TVs. All I will have to do is transfer my service from the S&B.

I've used a Genie in the RV. There is NO dedicated satellite coax for the outside TV. Though I've yet to use one, I wouldn't hesitate using a wireless a Genie client for the outdoor TV. There's usually a spare AC outlet behind the TV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jim,

Is there a dedicated coax run from living room entertainment center to the bedroom?

jbeletti

Jim,

Is there a dedicated coax run from living room entertainment center to the bedroom?

Sorry - no there is not. This is something you'd have to run or use a wireless device to push a signal to the bedroom.

Other options include repurposing existing cables from their intended purpose or diplexing signals onto existing coax and pull them off at the other end. It gets complicated.