Wiring backup camera

Billygc

Just purchased a Pioneer and was told the backup camera mount was prewired for a Furrion. It was a matter of just plugging into the female line already there behind the plate. I decided to purchase the Furrion and install myself, but once removing the plate discovered there was no ready to plug in female line. The wiring that was behind the plate were a set of double wires with insulated caps on each, 2 solid white and 2 white/green. The wiring on the camera is a black and red with red being positive. My problem is I don’t know which to attach the red wire to. Anybody know the answer?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You should be able to identify the correct polarity of the writes by using your multimeter.
Black meter wire = - neutral (com), red = + positive.
If they are crossed at the source you are checking you will get a - voltage reading. (-12.**)
If correct, red to positive on wireing you will get the correct reading, 12.**

Peace
Dave

Question on installing a non-furrion backup camera. We are prewired for a furrion and need to splice the wires and run two screws under the bracket. Does this void the warranty? We are worried about putting holes into the side of the camper. Help!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If your concerned about putting a couple holes voiding your warranty, don't be.
But be sure to seal everything up with caulk. Any damage caused by a water leak at that area may not be covered.

Peace
Dave

HowieU352

I just purchased a furion camera and attempted to install it on my fuel 352. I am unable to get power to the camera.
I pulled the receptacle out to ensure it was connected to something, and it was firmly connected to a yellow and a white wire. Any ideas of what to do next before I hire the job done?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

Near the batteries check and make sure a fuse has been installed. If there was not a camera installed generally the fuse is left out of the circuit.