World War II Memorial (online)

Westwind

I'm posting this info on every forum that I belong too because I feel it's very important and the clock is ticking.

If you had a father, uncle, aunt, friend, neighbor who served in WWII and is still here or has passed I would highly encourage you to help get their name, service, and even a picture ($10 charge). It's easy to do, once you register they send the person ID number so that you have access to his or her file and then your able to update it with information. I would get the info, discharge papers or orders which show their duty served. The great part would be if you had the person to talk to and get if first hand.
Once registered you will be able to view it on a computer by going to the website or at the WWII Memorial in Washington, DC. It will be there forever.

Here is the Website: National WWII Memorial

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'll have to look into that. My Dad was a WWII Navy vet. After his passing in 2008, I had his ashes interred in the Great Lakes National Cemetery in Holly, MI. He was always proud of his service, as am I.

Westwind

John, my nephew put my father on it after he died, I wish we had done it before, he was always proud of his service. I just put my father in law on last year and I asked my wife's uncle and he told me when he went to Washington DC with a veterans organization that took them down for a overnight to the Memorial they put him on it. There are many groups out there but families can do it themselves.

Beaker666

I work at a Veterans facility and want to share the word about the Honor Flight. WWWII vets can contact honor flight to see about getting on one of the flights to Washington DC to see the WWWII memorial. It is free for the vets but space is limited. They have a limited number of flights throughout the US. People need to donate to see if more flights can be arranged for these very brave and courageous men and women. It is a very emotional experience for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Westwind

Breaker666 - can you give us more info on how to donate to "Honor Flight", not many of us have heard of it and you are in touch with a lot of folks on this forum.

Beaker666

West wind
Great idea,! I return to work tomorrow and will get all the specifics to the forum. It is really a very worthy cause to get as many of the vets there as they can. They certainly deserve this . Thanks for the suggestion

Beaker666

West wind
Great idea,! I return to work tomorrow and will get all the specifics to the forum. It is really a very worthy cause to get as many of the vets there as they can. They certainly deserve this . Thanks for the suggestion

The website for Honor flight is www.honorflightnewengland.org
They have other sites throughout the country. Very worthy cause to support this program. As someone said,the clock is ticking for these heroes. We need to repay them in some small way for the sacrifices they made for our freedom. Please contribute. They need to send as many veterans on as many planes as it takes.