Yamaha generator

Gaffer

Ditto
I have two Hondas that I can parallel together or just run one depending on my needs.
They will run my 15K air just fine . I do have to watch other big draws when the air is running.
The gens I have are the models before the companion gen. There is nothing special about the parallel cord that hooks the two together.
I made mine for less than $30 . Just use banana plugs for safety and a RV female receptical in the middle.
Easy to do and a lot cheaper than buying one.
My opinion is The Hondas over any other brand;-)
Dan

Wmnmy

I have two Ryobi 2200 watts from Home Depot parallel together 4400w lil over 500$ a piece light weight and have a suit case extent io to pull or lift with two handles had them 3years no problems and not loud at all they run one Ac and TV two portable fans and ceiling fan .....

Rschremp

Does anyone just charge the battery and run until the battery runs low and then charge again? Read this on another forum does not sound right but curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimpav

I have two Yamaha units. The things I like about them is that they both have fuel gauges, and fuel shutoffs. I simply remove the outside cover and unscrew a small screw to drain the gas in the carburetor float. Good idea for long storage. Progressive Industries has a work around for the A/C surge consisting of a 110volt plug inserted in the 110 receptacle. Works great.

Rschremp

New issue. Hooked it up and at first nothing worked. Second attempt everything powered up until I turned on the a/c then no power in the rv?? Hooked back up to shore power no issues???

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Do you have an ELectrical management System in your rig? It could be sensing a ground fault and shutting all power down.

dewwood

You may have tripped the overload on the generator, try resetting and or letting it set if it resets automatically and then try it again. It may not be able to start your ac.

avvidclif

Got it and your right will run everything but the 15000 a/c's

I don't know about the 3000 but the 4500 had a power meter which showed how much of the available power was being used. When the RV first powered up the converter was drawing a bunch to build the battery back up. Once that drops and if the WH isn't on electric it should start the AC, at least one anyway.

jimpav

That's right, but you can fool it by inserting a trick male plug into the 110 outlet. That's what I do all the time and it works perfectly. Look on the net to see how to wire it. It's a cheap fix that does the trick.

Do you have an ELectrical management System in your rig? It could be sensing a ground fault and shutting all power down.