Yea! Upgraded our "RVLOCK" - No code needed to lock now!!

avvidclif

Parts are on order to upgrade mine. I went ahead and ordered another keypad membrane while I was at it. Total cost $33.96 Cheap enough.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
The one thing that bugged us about our after-market lock from RVLOCK was having to enter our code every time we wanted to lock the door rather than just push the lock button.

So I contacted RVLOCK and for $9.95 then sent us a new controller board that would allow us to just touch the lock icon to lock our door!

You can read more and watch the video on how to change the circuit board on your lock if you'd like this functionality too.

https://www.rvwiththetanners.com/single-post/2017/11/16/No-Lock-Code-Needed---RVLOCK-Upgrade

If you don't already have this aftermarket lock on your RV...then you should consider this change.
Link to RVLOCK on Amazon

Did you not have a remote to do this?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yea! Upgraded our "RVLOCK" - No code needed to lock now!!

We never use the remotes. I have two auto keys with bulky remotes already, plus all the other keys we have. To me the goal is to go without having to carry something to unlock the door. If we add another fob to the keychain, it gets too bulky for a pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Of course...we have 2. :eek:

If you scan all the replies to this thread, you'll see the reasons why we changed.

I had read everything posted before asking my question. We have a pickup we leave our keys in for excursions like you are talking about. We have an extra key in a realtor box in the propane tank storage for the times when our battery goes dead.

SNOKING

RVLock said I need the key pad also. Ordered both. We have lived in the Bighorn most of the last year and go in and out a lot. So we are going to like the one push to lock. The Schlage push button locks we put on three Parkmodel doors are similar. Push the Schlage button and turn the knob CW to lock. Enter the code and turn the knob CCW to unlock. Batteries do not have to drive the dead bolt, so they last a long time.

Chris

Saburai

Does anyone know if I were to purchase via Amazon.com if I'd get the latest version of the 4.0 lock with the one button locking feature?
Many thanks!

Rich

Oregon_Camper

Does anyone know if I were to purchase via Amazon.com if I'd get the latest version of the 4.0 lock with the one button locking feature?
Many thanks!

Rich
Yes.... You will get the version that will already do the auto lock. Use Webcode: BLCKFRDAY17 to get 40% off on Nov 24th only.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Yes.... You will get the version that will already do the auto lock. Use Webcode: BLCKFRDAY17 to get 40% off on Nov 24th only.

I might be wrong, but I think that to get the 40% off you need to order from the RV lock web site.

Oregon_Camper

Re: Yea! Upgraded our "RVLOCK" - No code needed to lock now!!

I might be wrong, but I think that to get the 40% off you need to order from the RV lock web site.
We'll see on the 24th...but I don't see why you'd need a code on their own site. Of course I could wrong.....

I prefer to order any I can on Amazon for the 2 day shipping (free) and their great return policy.

Aandaar

Is the code only good for the RV Locks or can it be used for anything?

RVLockSupport

Re: Yea! Upgraded our "RVLOCK" - No code needed to lock now!!

Is the code only good for the RV Locks or can it be used for anything?

The BLCKFRDAY17 code is good for 40% off the entire site. This includes handles and accessories on the website.

- - - Updated - - -

Many thanks!

Rich

All current orders, on our website or through Amazon, will have the "quick lock" feature. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I have the Big Country 3560SS. Do you know how thick the baggage doors are for the RV Lock replacement?

When you add the Keyless Baggage System to the cart you can choose the option for your door thickness- less than 1", 1", or less than 1".

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the Black Friday promo is through our website only. Thanks!

avvidclif

Kudos to RV Lock. I ordered the upgrade kit and also a keypad membrane. Very fast shipping and VERY reasonable. ($1.99).

Chippendale

Just took advantage of the Black Friday discount (well worth the effort), ordered the V4 KPD & PCB boards and a new RH Membrane. Hope two things, first that I ordered the correct boards and two, that the installation is "geezer friendly". Guess it would be a good idea to also replace the batteries with new ones while I have it apart.

jbeletti

Just took advantage of the Black Friday discount (well worth the effort), ordered the V4 KPD & PCB boards and a new RH Membrane. Hope two things, first that I ordered the correct boards and two, that the installation is "geezer friendly". Guess it would be a good idea to also replace the batteries with new ones while I have it apart.
Unsure where I'll see you next George but I'd be happy to install this for you.

Chippendale

Unsure where I'll see you next George but I'd be happy to install this for you.

Thanks Jim, but I am pretty sure that I will have it installed/upgraded by the time I see you next at the Sweetheart rally. I am going to be camping for about a week, 12/4 to 12/11, with some pretty handy Heartland "fix-it type" guys and if I haven't figured it out myself by then, I am sure I can twist some arms for advice/help.

Oregon_Camper

Thanks Jim, but I am pretty sure that I will have it installed/upgraded by the time I see you next at the Sweetheart rally. I am going to be camping for about a week, 12/4 to 12/11, with some pretty handy Heartland "fix-it type" guys and if I haven't figured it out myself by then, I am sure I can twist some arms for advice/help.

You got this.... :) My video shows you the first step...then all you have to do to swap keyboard board is remove 4 tiny screws and unhook cable...then reverse process.