Yet another TowMax downfall

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I can't see any reason why I would want to use the EZ-Lube.
If I pump the grease into the inner bearing it would take a bunch of grease to fill the hub and exit the outer bearing.
Then, if the reason were to put fresh grease in, as the assumed old grease from the inner bearing moves to the outer bearing, how would I know if I had fresh grease into the outer bearing or the old grease that I didn't want from the inner bearing.
The EZ-Lube is a novel idea, but does not inspect the bearings or anything else in there if you just pump grease.
I will stick with hand packing and inspecting every couple of years.
JMHO.

Peace
Dave

Jim.Allison

I think there is a lot of overthinking......It boils down to what you believe and your own knowledge bank/experiences.

jnbhobe

That's what I wanted to say Dave but you know I hate typing, when I had ez lube I took out the fittings so some idiot didn't try to use them

Jim.Allison

LOL, the outcome of this topic is sooooooo predictable. The upshot is take care of your bearings and they will take care of you.

When it comes to the OP, get rid of those BlowMax tires before they cost you money.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I will stick with hand packing and inspecting every couple of years.
JMHO.

Peace
Dave

THAT is exactly why my extended warranty wouldn't cover my wheel bearing blowout . . .

Because it had been more than 12 months since the bearings had been greased.

drsasser

I have a 2014 prowler and after reading all the posts on blowmax I looked at mine, I have 225/75R14 towmax tires on it, I've been looking at and talking to several people and I can get goodyear marathon 8 ply tires for $125 each mounted and balanced tax included at our local tire shop plus what they will give me for my tires, I pulled one off today and will run by there tomorrow
After readng all the horror stories about this brand I'm afraid to use it until I replace them.
Thanks for the info

Jim.Allison

See if you can find an LT and forget about any ST from anyone. But if you are going to put a ST the Marathon is a good one.

But tire rack has that tire for $80, they ship the tire to a partner in your city, who will mount it for you. Might save you a 100 bucks. Most dealers will match TireRack.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...dewall=Blackwall&partnum=175R4MARV2&tab=Specs

I have a 2014 prowler and after reading all the posts on blowmax I looked at mine, I have 225/75R14 towmax tires on it, I've been looking at and talking to several people and I can get goodyear marathon 8 ply tires for $125 each mounted and balanced tax included at our local tire shop plus what they will give me for my tires, I pulled one off today and will run by there tomorrow
After readng all the horror stories about this brand I'm afraid to use it until I replace them.
Thanks for the info

drsasser

The url you posted is for 215/75R14 load range "C" Mine are 225/75R15 load range "D" or max load 2540 lbs but thanks for the link, They have my size for $90 each my only problem is trade in, I have no use for these may-pops and anything I can get for them is worth it

I posted the incorrect size i my first post the correct size is 225/75R15 sorry!

Tire racks price for 5 is $450 + 95 shipping then add $20 per tire to mount and Balance
total $645 from tire rack, My price local $625 minus trade in