Yosemite / Oakhurst

Swanny59

Leaving in the AM for Oakhurst, CA to camp two nights. I have friends visiting from Pennsylvania and am taking them to Yosemite National Park. Be a nice trip with the Sundance.:) On Wednesday drove to Sequoia National Park and saw the General Sherman (Worlds largest living tree) and it was snowing outside.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Ray, that must have been amazing. I saw General Sherman 20 years ago in the summer. I can't imagine how incredible it would have been looking way up at that old fellow with snow falling.

Thanks for reminding me about that wonderful old tree. I'm marking it on our list of places to see.

wdk450

Ray:
I remember that steep, winding, road up to the tree portion of the northern section of the park from Porterville. Did you need chains?
I also remember visiting in mid-July when it was 105 degrees in Porterville and about 72 degrees up at the trees.

Swanny59

Chains were required to be carried but were not needed to put on. The beauty was amazing. I have Yosemite and Sequoia in my backyard (I live in Lemoore) and love both parks. Yesterday we went hiking in Mariposa Grove near the south entrance to Yosemite. Walking among the giant Sequoias is so beautiful. Was wearing a short sleeve shirt while hiking in snow covered mountain.
DSCN3272.jpg