No More Cooper Tires!!!!!!!!!!

ChopperBill

Almost 2 years ago going back through Texas a tread flew off my Chaparral (Cooper) rear tire. Did over $1000 in damage to the truck. State Farm covered the whole bill and went after Cooper for reimbursement. Tonight coming home from work my wife called me from her cell phone. Tread flew off the LH front tire! Went to the rescue. Tread took out the front air dam, bumper, grille, fender, and rocker panel under the door!!!! Made black marks on the driver door so I don't know how much damage is there. Has to be $3000 or better! Never knew a tread coming off could do so much damage! NO MORE COOPERS!! Tires are at over 80% but are coming off. Haven't figured out what to buy but you can guess it wont be any more COOPERS!!
161243469.jpg

Last edited:
ChopperBill, Sorry to here about your damages! These tires seem to be causing a lot of damage to your truck, and the Mission tires that blow out and damaged the under carriage on the 5er’s.
I have had two sets of Cooper tires and had extended miles on them with no problems, I got about and extra 10,000 miles.
I bought them through Big O and they didn’t have road hazard on them. What did the factory say about the tire and the tread, How many miles were on them?

ChopperBill

Tires had about 12,000 on the first one that damaged the rear. The one that damaged the front had about 5,000 miles. State Farm covered the whole deal and then goes after Cooper. The tire dealer said Cooper has no problem covering these type of things. Mean while the truck is fixed and setting on 4 new Michelin's. Pretty pricey tires but I cant be doing this thing again!

Uncle Rog

You know I have run Bridgestone / Firestone for the last 25 years. The first set I ran was on a GMC Jimmy, ran 'em for 80k miles! Money was a little tighter then. I now change 'em out at 40k, 50k max. I tow too much and go off road too much to mess with a flat or worse a separation. Had a trailer tire go twice, NOT WORTH IT................for a couple of bucks going in ..........

That kind of funny! After Cooper I went to Bridgestone tires and didn’t have very good luck .I had a flat while hunting had a gash in the side wall didn’t fill hitting anything, but tire went flat. The second tires had a tread separation They were both replace by sears then after about 30,000 miles I replaced them they were almost wore out then I replaced with Goodyear tires, then I sold the vehicle.
Kind of funny how everyone has different experience with same brand of tires!!!