Bad news - wind broke my awning

cableman

We were watching tv during the storm about a half hour ago, heard a loud crash, opened the door to the awning leaning against it. The awning where it rolls up on the bar at the front folded in the middle. Pretty sure insurance will cover it, But we are going on vacation in two weeks. How long will it take to get new awning? The hardware may need replaced also can't really tell it is dark outside and am soaking wet getting it off the door.

:(

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: Bad news

Sounds like deja vu' from my former TT a couple of years ago. Except I was taking a nap while it rained and awoke to find a huge bulge under awning. Just as I went to try and move it to drain, KABOOM! Snapped the roller and bent one of the arms. Damage to me was some seriously soiled undies, but I did manage to get it rolled up...mostly. Took the local RV dealer where we were about a week to get the replacement and put it on at the campground. Cost was $1100, but my insurance deductible was only $100. Highly recommend you replace the entire assembly, including the arms. Whoever repairs it should inspect the mounting points for stripping or other damage, too.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Most likely it is a Dometic A&E awning. Any dealer can get them. Look on your roller for the model and serial number tag and use that to get an exact replacement.

The website information is listed on the Portal page to the forums.

cableman

Thanks Jon, I will call tomorrow, may need some hardware, found some pieces this morning. We will be in sandusky over labor day.