not braging

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I am not bragging,well maybe I am a little, But my sweet better half gave me the o.k. to make that big purchase that I have been wanting to make. I really feel Blessed to have driven home a 2007 Ford F350 Lariat ,4x4,crew cab dually,diesel,yesterday. It has the 4.10 rear end and all the goodies. It is alot of truck. Now seems to be the time to buy a Ford, with all the rebates or the special interest Ford offers.Now to get all my stuff in it and the most important thing to add, my hitch. I am thinking about having the spray in bed liner installed. Anyone have any thoughts, positive or negative? Also I had the Firestone air bags on my 2 wheel drive 2001. I kept them just in case I needed them. With the beefed up suspension on the 4x4, I don't think I will need them . Any thoughts? If I don't need them I guess I will try to sell them.I will post a picture when I can. Everyone have a good weekend. Now I will need to figure out how to change my signature and my picture at the top of the page. Terry and Renee

Tom of Ypsi

Terry,

I have the same setup and I do not have airbags. I do understand that they make the ride softer, they do not increase your carrying capacity.
As far as the spry in bed liner, get it. I have had it in my last two truck and will never be without it. I have had two different kinds, one Rhino this one can't remeber at the moment, and they are equal.
Enjoy your truck and your weekend.

trdeal

Thanks Tom, I liked the airbags on my 2001, because I could level the ride. I really don't think I will need them on the 2007 because it is a 4x4.And I am for sure going to have the bed sprayed. Do you still use any kind of a bed mat or tailgate protecter on top of the liner?

jpmorgan37

Terry;
Congratulations on your new ride. I know you'll love it. Be sure and post some pictures so we can see it.

John

jbeletti

Terry,

Congrats on the new truck. Sweet ride! Even if it is a Ford ;) Actually, I favor the styling of the Ford truck.

As for the bed liner, as John said, "get it". You won't be sorry. Rhino, Line-X, Vortex etc., they're all more the same than they are different. You'll like any of them.

You'll need to decide whether to do an under the rail or over the rail spray job. I opted for over the rail and am very happy with it. It helps give some grip to the top of the box sides when stepping on them and no worries about paint scuffing when pushing cargo over the sides. My tailgate is sprayed as well.

Mine was sprayed before my hitch was installed. But the hitch was installed right afterwards as the Vortex spray hardens nearly instantly.

I use no other mat anywhere in the bed as it's just not needed.

Now you need to come to the rally in Goshen to show off that new beast of a truck. Enjoy!

Jim

trdeal

Jim Beletti said:
Terry,

Congrats on the new truck. Sweet ride! Even if it is a Ford ;) Actually, I favor the styling of the Ford truck.

As for the bed liner, as John said, "get it". You won't be sorry. Rhino, Line-X, Vortex etc., they're all more the same than they are different. You'll like any of them.

You'll need to decide whether to do an under the rail or over the rail spray job. I opted for over the rail and am very happy with it. It helps give some grip to the top of the box sides when stepping on them and no worries about paint scuffing when pushing cargo over the sides. My tailgate is sprayed as well.

Mine was sprayed before my hitch was installed. But the hitch was installed right afterwards as the Vortex spray hardens nearly instantly.

I use no other mat anywhere in the bed as it's just not needed.

Now you need to come to the rally in Goshen to show off that new beast of a truck. Enjoy!

Jim
The guy that is going to install the hitch said that I needed to have bed sprayed before the hitch is installed. I have the bed caps on the top of the bed and tailgate.Just got back home from showing it off to the inlaws. I sure do like it. I know that coming to Goshen would be a good trip, but I don't think we will make it. We are hoping to go to the local rally in Myrtle Beach this fall. Thanks again. Terry and Renee

J

Jim_1899

Terry,
Congratulations on getting a brand new vehicle. I have a similar 2005 and I love it.

Last edited:

happyrover

Congrats on the new wheels. Hopefully I will get mine this year soon, except it will be the Dodge Lariat. I have one question. Why do you need the 4.10 rear end when you have a 4X4? I'm sure this will bring out the best replies.

trdeal

happyrover said:
Congrats on the new wheels. Hopefully I will get mine this year soon, except it will be the Dodge Lariat. I have one question. Why do you need the 4.10 rear end when you have a 4X4? I'm sure this will bring out the best replies.
I just wanted a little more grunt out of the box,(on take off) than I had with the 3.73, I had in my 2001.After leaving the dealership yesterday I was getting 13.3 mpg. That is better than I was getting with my 2001.Right now Foed is offering a 1500. rebate to previous super duty owners and a 3000. rebate. That helped to convince me that now was the time to buy.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Congrats on the new truck! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I just picked up my truck as posted earlier and put my rails in yesterday. My last truck had the spray in liner over the rails, both hitch and bedrails. It protects the hitch rails and helps seal everything nice and tight. The downfall is the rails might have to stay in the truck when it's sold. I taped over the holes that the hitch legs go into prior to the spray in job. Again, Enjoy the new ride.

trdeal

Ray LeTourneau said:
Congrats on the new truck! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I just picked up my truck as posted earlier and put my rails in yesterday. My last truck had the spray in liner over the rails, both hitch and bedrails. It protects the hitch rails and helps seal everything nice and tight. The downfall is the rails might have to stay in the truck when it's sold. I taped over the holes that the hitch legs go into prior to the spray in job. Again, Enjoy the new ride.
Thanks Ray. Does the fact that the whole inside of the bed is black look odd? Can't wait to hook our Landmark up behind it and go up a mountain. Once I get my hitch in I think I will just take it for a joy ride around the block just to see how it does.

Tom of Ypsi

Terry,

Sorry about not answering sooner, went to a small RV show outside of Detroit. The show was free and I saw several Sundances's for the first time.

Back to the original question. There is no need for a rubber bed mat. My liner is textured and the sliding is minimal. As far as being a black liner goes it does not make a difference. I could have had mine color coded to the way I wanted and I thought long and hard but figured it might be too much tan. My truck is two toned, white and tan, very close to the Landmark colors.

phranc

Hey Terry, congrats on the new truck.. I have the 4.10 rear in thr Dodge and it is great for pulling.. ( I have the 6 speed manual trans ).. On most any road, it is a set and forget it driving experience ..

trdeal

Tom of Ypsi said:
Terry,

Sorry about not answering sooner, went to a small RV show outside of Detroit. The show was free and I saw several Sundances's for the first time.

Back to the original question. There is no need for a rubber bed mat. My liner is textured and the sliding is minimal. As far as being a black liner goes it does not make a difference. I could have had mine color coded to the way I wanted and I thought long and hard but figured it might be too much tan. My truck is two toned, white and tan, very close to the Landmark colors.
Tom, My truck is kind of a burgandy,with tan across the bottom.I will probably do the black, was just thinking about how the whole bed being black would look with the rest of the truck.

Ray LeTourneau

trdeal said:
Thanks Ray. Does the fact that the whole inside of the bed is black look odd? Can't wait to hook our Landmark up behind it and go up a mountain. Once I get my hitch in I think I will just take it for a joy ride around the block just to see how it does.
I'm not sure yet, My old truck was black with black liner. The new RED truck will probably be black as well. Wife & I took a vote, it was unanimous. It will be black and over the bed rails.

trdeal

Ray LeTourneau said:
I'm not sure yet, My old truck was black with black liner. The new RED truck will probably be black as well. Wife & I took a vote, it was unanimous. It will be black and over the bed rails.
I am sure that we will do the black. My truck has the black bed caps on it. When you talk about the bed rails,are you talking about the hitch rails?The guy that is going to install my hitch, wants the bed sprayed first,so I thought that is what I would do.

K

Ken Washington

Terry,
Wow, a man and his new truck! Can't get much better than that! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed mine. Sounds like it will pull what ever you hook to it. Please post a picture as soon as you can. Maybe we will cross paths at Ocean Lakes or at the rally.

Ken

Ray LeTourneau

trdeal said:
I am sure that we will do the black. My truck has the black bed caps on it. When you talk about the bed rails,are you talking about the hitch rails?The guy that is going to install my hitch, wants the bed sprayed first,so I thought that is what I would do.
I'm no expert so logic is my theory. Installing the hitch rails on top of the spray in liner "might" have an effect on the torquing of the bolts that hold the rails to the frame brackets. I just installed the hitch rails in the new truck and all bolts are to be torqued to 85#. Having liner material in between the metal to metal could affect that torque value. Again, I'm no expert. Just my opinion. Best of luck either way.:D

madj+1 wienerdog

first Sundance 2900MK
I might be new to Sundance, (won:t take delivery until spring ) but I have pulled with my 2000 Silverado with sprayed bedliner and had no problem with the rails loosening up. Yep, surprised me too!!!

trdeal

Thanks for the input guys. All I know to do is to go on what my hitch man says.I am scheduled for a spray in on Friday, and a hitch job next week. Supposed to have some dress-up goodies installed on my truck Thursday,and if I can remember how to do it,I will post some pictures.I am itching to hook up and go up a mountain.