PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MO, Branson - 9/30/2011 to 10/2/2011

NWTFHunter
05-10-2011, 08:53 PM
499 Buena Vista Road, Branson, MO 65616
Venue:
------------------------------

America's Best Campground
499 Buena Vista Road
Branson, MO 65616
Ruthie at 800-671-4399
www.abc-branson.com (http://www.abc-branson.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: $
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee: $
Details:

Number of sites held: 15
Site fee: $$29.00 per night.
Club Member Event fee:
Non-Club Member fee: $20 per rig
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 10/1/2011
Potluck time: 6:30 pm

Event Leader: NWTFHunter(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=1268)
Additional Info:
Branson, Missouri - the Live Entertainment Capitol of the World! For the last nine years running A.B.C. has been voted by Good Sam Club members the "Most RV Friendly Good Sam Park". What a perfect combination for the Missouri Chapter fall Rally. Join other Heartland owners and experience all that Branson has to offer. Please make your reservation as soon as possible directly with the campground and tell them you are part of the Missouri Heartland Owners Rally. When you have a reservation please contact me through the Forum or e-mail me with the names of those in your group and your arrival date so we may complete plans for the Rally. If you wish to arrive a few days early or stay longer ABC will honor this discounted rate of $29/night.

Names Arrival Date
1. Michael & Daphna Fiehler Sept. 29
3. William & Barb Liming Sept. 27
4. Mike & Marilyn Johnson Sepr. 28
5. Terry & Karen Jones Sept. 28
6. Jim & Crystal Leach
7. Gary & Terri Krejdl Sept. 28
8. John & Susan Hathcock
9. Jeff & Joy Venus Sept. 29
10. Jack & Debbie Burks Sept.30
11. Bill & Donna Ellis Sept. 29
13. Gary & Sandi Phillips Sept. 29
14. David & Jo Ann Lininger Sept. 30
15. Bernie & Judy VerHey Sept. 29
16. James & Mary Ann Abrahamson
17. Don & Kathy Swanson Sept. 29
18. Larry & Gayle Kuykendall
19. Derril & Ethelene Munson Sept.30
20. James & Linda Routzahn
21. Tom & Gerry Weber Sept. 28
22. Jerry & Karen Vredeveld Sept. 28
23. Jim & Nancy Beletti Sept. 28
24. Ken & Kathy Strong Sept. 26
25. Ron & Ann Parrish
26. Bill & Rea Link Sept. 30

APPETIZER for Friday evening
1. Krejdl
2. Yelliott
3. Jones
4. Munson
5. Phillips
6. Vredeveld
7. Weber
8. Strong
9. Baletti

BREADS for Saturday evening
1. Hoefler
2. Burks
3. Jones

DESSERTS for Saturday evening
1. Ellis
2. VerHey
3. Kuykendall
4. Strong
5. Jones
6. Link

HEARTLAND CARES PROJECT
--strictly voluntary—
Ladies activity in the Pavilion building, Saturday morning 10-12.

We will make fringed, fleece blankets to donate to the Branson Church Army. No sewing required.
Supplies: 1) fleece fabric, any color or design, the width of the
Fabric square (example 60 inches x 60 inches) or two yards.
2) sharp scissors
3) yard stick or tape measure

If you would prefer to make a donation to the Church Army they are always in need of: razors
Shaving cream
Deodorant for men or ladies

The Branson Church Army is a faith based program for treating alcohol and drug dependencies. They operate 14 cabins for residents in Branson. More than two dozen of the participants in the program are Veterans. To learn more about the Church Army see; churcharmyusa.org.

RALLY AGENDA
MISSOURI CHAPTER
HEARTLAND OWNERS CLUB

Sept. 30 – Oct2, 2011

Thursday, Sept 29 Fish fry/potluck for early arrivals, bring a dish and
Your drink
5:30 p.m. at the Game Room

Friday, Sept. 30 Meals on your own. Free time, enjoy Branson

“Meet and Greet” Gathering
7:00 p.m. at the Game Room
Bring your own drinks, those who signed up please
Bring an appetizer

Saturday, Oct. 1 Breakfast own your own
“Heartland Gives Back” project
10:00 a.m. – noon at the Celebrity Station

12:00 – 6:00 p.m. Free time

Dinner – “Low Country Boil”
6:30 p.m. at the Celebrity Station
everyone bring your drink and those who signed up
for breads & dessert bring those

Sunday, Oct. 2 Local church services available
Farewells & departures

bacaye
05-11-2011, 09:14 AM
I just found this post and will get moving on this. Yea!!!! for the change. Barb

hoefler
05-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Have reservations for site #5

dnight73
06-18-2011, 07:46 AM
I am a new Heartland Owner, and just heard about these Rallies, is there a schedule of events published or some kind of guide line of what should happen at these events?

codycarver
06-18-2011, 09:34 PM
I am a new Heartland Owner, and just heard about these Rallies, is there a schedule of events published or some kind of guide line of what should happen at these events?

You will find a list of events on the left hand side of the front page. Click on the one you are interested in and it will give you the details for that event.

olcoon
06-18-2011, 10:01 PM
dnight73,
If you are interested in attending the Branson rally, you can post your questions on here, or send NWTFHunter a pm. We currently are at the national rally. This is our first RV, and our first rally. We have had a GREAT time! This week has been so busy, and we've met so many GREAT people, our heads are spinning! We would love for you to join us in Branson if you can make it! In the first post there are a few things listed, and from what I understand from talking to Michael the rest is still in the planning stages.

olcoon
06-23-2011, 01:47 AM
Michael,
We really wanted to attend the rally in Branson, especially after meeting everyone from MO at the national rally. But, we accepted a work camping job in CO, and from the looks of things we will be there until Oct. unless something changes. Work camping is something we really want to try, so we jumped on the oppurtunity. With that said, if there is any way we can make it we'll be there!

Roy & Sally Evans

Joy & Jeff
06-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Hi guys!

I just got off the telephone with Ameria's Best Campground. We will be arriving on the 29th.

See you there.

Joy and Jeff Venus

PandBStandiford
07-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Just made our reservations. Really looking forward to another great rally.

PandBStandiford
07-01-2011, 09:49 AM
Have fun in CO.

happykraut
07-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Just joined today. How do you sign up for the Branson rally. Thanks.

jimtoo
07-27-2011, 10:12 AM
Hi 1happykraut,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

The following are the instructions posted in the #1 post above. These will get you registered.

Event Leader: NWTFHunter(click to contact) (//heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=1268)
Additional Info:
Branson, Missouri - the Live Entertainment Capitol of the World! For the last nine years running A.B.C. has been voted by Good Sam Club members the "Most RV Friendly Good Sam Park".What a perfect combination for the Missouri Chapter fall Rally. Join other Heartland owners and experience all that Branson has to offer. Please make your reservation as soon as possible directly with the campground and tell them you are part of the Missouri Heartland Owners Rally. When you have a reservation please contact me through the Forum or e-mail me with the names of those in your group and your arrival date so we may complete plans for the Rally. If you wish to arrive a few days early or stay longer ABC will honor this discounted rate of $29/night.
-------------------------------------------------

You will have a ball at the rally. Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

happykraut
07-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Jim, I have made reservations for the rally. We will be arriving on SEP 29.

GOTTOYS
07-28-2011, 11:19 AM
We are headed to Branson. Just got a reservation 9-29 to 10-3 for the Rally. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Don and Kathy Swanson. Saint Paul, MN.

abemary
07-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Just joined the chapter and registered for the rally. See ya there!

jimtoo
07-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Just joined the chapter and registered for the rally. See ya there!

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Enjoy the forum and I know you will have a great time at the rally.

Jim M

bacaye
07-31-2011, 11:39 PM
I will bring something for Friday night and french bread for Sat. Barb

bacaye
07-31-2011, 11:41 PM
Don, I am glad to see you did. For some reason I could not open your email but was hoping you would make it....Barb

jbeletti
08-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Michael,

Nancy and I are trying to make it to your rally, then move onto the inaugural MS rally after that.

We'll let you know if we can swing it.

Jim

happykraut
08-24-2011, 07:07 AM
I just noticed that 18 couples have signed up so far for this Rally, but only six have volunteered to bring an appetizer.

NWTFHunter
08-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Yes, there are still a few openings for appetizers, breads or desserts. Please post here or e-mail me with your preference and I'll put you on the list.

celebritygreen
08-28-2011, 09:51 AM
Michael, I will be happy to bring an appetizer. Put me on the list.

Sandi Phillips

Tumblebug
08-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Count on us for an appetizer. We will arrive on 30 Sept.

NWTFHunter
09-05-2011, 08:27 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that I will in Colorado elk hunting and not have access to the internet from Sept. 8 - 18. If you have any questions or comments regarding the Rally please post them or e-mail me and I'll respond as soon as I return home. Thanks.

hoefler
09-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Good luck and hope you get the big one.

jbeletti
09-09-2011, 11:44 AM
The Belettis are coming! Just made reservations for 5 nights. We arrive on Wednesday the 28th and we leave Monday the 3rd.

jbeletti
09-09-2011, 11:53 AM
At the 2008 Heartland North American Rally, many of of saw the performance group SIX [link (http://www.thesixshow.com/)] in their show in Branson. Loved it!

3 years later, we're ready to see them again. I'm thinking Friday night - 8pm show. Would anyone else have an interest in this?

Tickets are $34.20 each. Group discounts start at 20 people and I doubt we'll hit that so I didn't price it.

Jim

katkens-DW
09-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Michael, Just made our reservations for the rally. They said we will not be with the group but will be close. Jim, Kenny and I would like to go see the show. We will see everyone soon we will be there on the 26th. I can bring what ever you need Michael so just let me know.

jbeletti
09-16-2011, 06:05 AM
Awesome Kathy! Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Okay, that's 4 for SIX so far :)

Brr cold in Hershey, PA today!

Jim

katkens-DW
09-19-2011, 05:19 PM
Michael, put me down for a veggie tray for Friday and a dessert on Saturday.. I also have heard something about a fish fry is this true I can't seem to find anything on it ?

bacaye
09-20-2011, 11:54 PM
I can not remember the early schedule I happened to see but thought they were having a meet and greet Friday evening. Does anyone know what time that is going to be? I am sure we would go see SIX too...Barb

jbeletti
09-21-2011, 07:26 AM
Barbara,

We may have to move when we se SIX unless we want to miss some planned rally items. There is a 2pm show on Thursday and Saturday. One of these may be our best bet as Thursday night there is a Fish Fry for those opting into it, Friday night is a Meet and Greet and Saturday Night is the Potluck. I'd probably favor Saturday afternoon to include as many people as possible as some may arrive too late on Thursday or arrive on Friday.

For those wanting to see SIX - Thursday afternoon or Saturday afternoon? Please weigh in.

Thanks,

Jim

katkens-DW
09-21-2011, 08:06 AM
We vote for Saturday Jim .

bacaye
09-23-2011, 12:42 AM
Sat. sounds good too. Is Sat. a potluck and not catered now? lol I am not sure who is having the Fish Fry but Bill got the message and not sure he answered. Probably not!!! If they see this you can check for Barb and Bill and is there something you still need????

NWTFHunter
09-23-2011, 08:06 AM
RALLY AGENDA
MISSOURI CHAPTER
HEARTLAND OWNERS CLUB
Sept. 30 – Oct2, 2011

Thursday, Sept 29 Fish fry/potluck for early arrivals, bring a dish and
Your drink
5:30 p.m. at the Game Room

Friday, Sept. 30 Meals on your own. Free time, enjoy Branson

“Meet and Greet” Gathering
7:00 p.m. at the Game Room
Bring your own drinks, those who signed up please
Bring an appetizer

Saturday, Oct. 1 Breakfast own your own
“Heartland Gives Back” project
10:00 a.m. – noon at the Celebrity Station

12:00 – 6:00 p.m. Free time

Dinner – “Low Country Boil”
6:30 p.m. at the Celebrity Station
everyone bring your drink and those who signed up
for breads & dessert bring those

Sunday, Oct. 2 Local church services available
Farewells & departures

NWTFHunter
09-23-2011, 08:21 AM
I just posted the Agenda for the Rally. A Low Country Boil is a southern meal where you take a big pot and cook new potatoes, corn on the cob, green beans, sausage, shrimp, special seasonings together for a delicious meal. We will provide the salad and if you agreed to bring some bread or rolls or dessert we will need them. Check the first post for the list of those who are bringing bread or dessert. Still some openings for more.
Owners Club members remember to bring you name tags, we'll have some for non-club folks. Looking forward to seeing everyone next week.

jbeletti
09-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Just wanted to give an update on the plan to see SIX while in Branson.

First, this is not a rally agenda item. Nancy and I saw SIX in 2008 and want to see them again. So we're just sharing that information with the group here in case others want to see them too.

So as not interfere with any planned rally activities, we've decided to get tickets to the Saturday 2 PM show. So far, the following have indicated an interest in seeing this show:

- Beletti - 2
- Weber - 2
- Liming/Yelliot - 2
- Verdeveld - 2
- Strong - 2
- Fiehler - 2 (maybe)
- Burks - 2

So that's a possibility of 12 thus far. If we hit 20, we can apply for a group rate and be seated together (if space is available).

So that is where we are today on this. Ten of us are interested, each is on his own to obtain his own tickets and likely no one will be seated together. But it will still be fun!

Should we hit 20, then someone, if they want to, can step up and offer to buy 20 seats to obtain the discount, then seek reimbursement from the 20 that are going.

See y'all in Branson soon!

Jim

NWTFHunter
09-24-2011, 07:18 PM
The Fiehlers (2) would also like to try and make a SIX showing.

jbeletti
09-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Hi Michael,

I put you down for 2 as a maybe.

Hi Jerry V - I received your email and put you down as 2 for sure.

For everyone - it is not my "plan" to obtain tickets for the group. Each is on his own to obtain his. If we hit 20 people, we can then get the group rate and then buy a block of seats together if available. We'll have to discuss this if we hit 20 and see who wants to bank roll it. I'm doing 6 weeks of expense reports right now - so not feeling I can bank roll it.

Jim

Jburks
09-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Jim, if you would add Debbie and I to the list for SIX, the campground can get tickets and might be able to get a group of seats together.

jbeletti
09-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Jack,

Added you to the SIX list.

Jim

bacaye
09-26-2011, 09:35 PM
There are two campers of Illinois people waiting for everyone to make it to Branson!!!!!! I knew Illinois could beat Missouri at something!! lol Have a safe trip...
Bill, Barb, Kenny and Kathy.

jbeletti
09-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Well, I miscalculated the time from Paris, TN to Branson - so we will not be in today. We'll push in tomorrow afternoon sometime. See y'all Thursday.

Jim

celebritygreen
09-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Hey, we're here.

jbeletti
09-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Update: pushing all the way. Be there tonight around 5:30. What's for dinner :)

bacaye
09-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Oops...missed this post Jim....I did get an email from Don and Kathy Swanson..GotToys from Min.....He has had the flu so they are running a day behind. They will not make it for the fish fry but hoping to make it for the rally. Barb

happykraut
10-01-2011, 07:08 AM
I'm currently at the Rally (my first) and am having a great time. I'm terrible in remembering names. I thought last night at the Meet and Greet, that if we would have all stood up one at a time and told our names and where they are from would have been a great thing to do. I know we have the name tags, but introducing yourself is a lot more personal. Just a thought.

Herbiesrig
10-01-2011, 07:59 AM
I agree, being a first time at any meet and greet, (not only at HOC) friends tend to sit and gather together.

cookie
10-01-2011, 08:06 AM
I'm currently at the Rally (my first) and am having a great time. I'm terrible in remembering names. I thought last night at the Meet and Greet, that if we would have all stood up one at a time and told our names and where they are from would have been a great thing to do. I know we have the name tags, but introducing yourself is a lot more personal. Just a thought.
Good to hear you are having a great time. We wanted to be there, but had other commitments. Bummer. Don't worry about not remembering names....I don't remember what I had for breakfast this morning. You will meet up with some of these peeps again down the road and their names come back. Well maybe thier faces.
25 rigs at the rally makes it hard to remember all the names.
Maybe there can be another introduction at the "Low Country Boil".
You are just west of ST Louis, so talk with Ken and Kathy (Katkens) about attending the IL rally next year. They are the ones with the beautiful Welch Springers.
Also you are not too far from WI, talk with Tom Weber about attending the WI rally.
Wish we were there having fun.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti
10-01-2011, 09:47 AM
We'll all be inside tonight at the larger rally pavilion. Much easier there to do introductions, indoors, not so spread out and quiet :)

It was a nice gathering last night. Fire pit worked well too. That reminds me, I need to go retrieve it!

See y'all tonight.

Jim

happykraut
10-01-2011, 10:01 AM
I've talked to Tom and will consider attending the Wisconsin rally.

happykraut
10-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Jim, I'll have to agree with you on the fire pit. It was great. Hopefully everyone will introduce them selves tonight.

jbeletti
10-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Went to the SIX show this afternoon. Awesome! Bought the DVD and the Christmas CD.

Jim

jnbhobe
10-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Went to the SIX show this afternoon. Awesome! Bought the DVD and the Christmas CD.

Jim

We sure would like to have been there too, we're missing all our friends and Branson was our first rally also.

happykraut
10-01-2011, 09:43 PM
Thank you again for the Walmart gift card I won this evening. Really enjoyed the question and answer session. The low boil was great.

jbeletti
10-01-2011, 10:09 PM
We sure would like to have been there too, we're missing all our friends and Branson was our first rally also.

Jon - while we had a great time, we also really missed you and Patti. But we know it's a busy time for you at work. Have fun in NY if you are making that rally. We can't make that as we'll be in Mississippi at their first rally.

Jim

jbeletti
10-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Thank you again for the Walmart gift card I won this evening. Really enjoyed the question and answer session. The low boil was great.

Hi Bernie,

Your first Heartland rally and you won a door prize - that's great. Nice meeting you guys and thanks for the great questions at the Q&A after dinner tonight. Hope to see you around next year - and really hope you can join us in Gillette and maybe help us all understand GeoCaching from the master :)

Jim

tweber
10-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Our first MO rally and we had a great time meeting more great Heartland owners. Nice job putting things together, Mike. Gerry & I loved the location and the weather. We do not need to think twice about coming to Branson. Every one is invited to the WI rally, August 16 - 19, 2012, Lake Delton(WI Dells). Details can be found on the forum Portal page. Happy camping and safe travels to all.

cowsrout
10-02-2011, 10:54 AM
This was our first rally and we have really enjoyed it. We've made new friends and have sure enjoyed all the visiting (and eating!) Thank you, Michael & Daphna Fiehler for all your hard work putting this together. Looking forward to more rally time!

tweber
10-02-2011, 12:59 PM
Here are a few pictures of the campground ID sign I mentioned at Saturday's dinner. The sign is 18" X 18" and comes with the stand. It is made of a plastic coregated material, and rain does not affect it. Any state can be used as a background. Any statements can be added to the sign. Cost is $25 + shipping. If anyone has questions about the sign or would like to order a sign please contact "Paul Alfano" <palfano@wi.rr.com>

jbeletti
10-02-2011, 09:44 PM
Club member and MO rally attendee Derril Munson (aka Tumblebug) took pictures at the rally. They can be found in the 2011 Rallies folder on H.O.G. here --> LINK

(//heartlandowners.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=52263)Thanks Derril!

Jim

happykraut
10-03-2011, 06:23 AM
Great shots, Derril. Thanks for sharing.

tweber
10-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Enjoyed the pictures, Derril. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

katkens-DW
10-04-2011, 09:20 AM
I just wanted to thank Micheal and Daphna for such a great rally we loved it so much we are staying another week!!! We had a great time thank you guys great job!!

jbeletti
10-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Nancy and I arrived safely in Memphis yesterday afternoon after we left Branson.

We both want to thank Michael, Daphna and all of those who pitched in to assist with putting on yet another great Heartland Owners Club rally. Branson is a cool place - we enjoy it everytime we visit. Saw some great shows (SIX and Yakov).

Also neat to see old friends and make some new ones. And hey, 2 MPGs were at the rally. That was pretty neat. Love the way Tumblebug had theirs adorned on the exterior.

I also met a couple that passed through town, staying at the same campground on Sunday in their Landmark San Antonio on their way to the Canton, TX rally.

Looking forward to the next time we can visit the Branson area.

Jim

hcriddle
10-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Hey Jim,

How come you're headed the wrong direction? Canton is just a stone's throw from Branson for world travelers like you and Nancy. Hope all is well my friend. Have a safe trip.

jbeletti
10-04-2011, 09:34 PM
Hey Jim,

How come you're headed the wrong direction? Canton is just a stone's throw from Branson for world travelers like you and Nancy. Hope all is well my friend. Have a safe trip.

Hi Buddy,

Hope you and Maureen are well. We are headed to New Site, Mississippi to attend the first MS rally and support Hogan, our new chapter leader.

Have fun in Canton.

Jim

olcoon
10-04-2011, 11:40 PM
We really hated to miss the rally, especially after meeting the folks from MO, at Goshen. Sounds like everyone had a great time! We are planning on going to Gillette in June. We've gotten hooked on Heartland rallys, & the Heartlad family after only 1 rally!

Michael, tell me a story about your trip to CO!!!

bacaye
10-05-2011, 12:47 AM
A big thank you for a great Missouri Rally. We loved it so much we are still here!!! Thanks Michael and Daphna for all your hard work and I now know what a Low Country Boil is!!! Barb

Joy & Jeff
10-06-2011, 03:12 PM
We had a fantastic time at the Branson Rally. Mike and Daphna did a super job - again.

Thanks everyone. We'll try to remember everyone's names but .....

happykraut
10-06-2011, 04:26 PM
This was Judi's and my first Heartland rally. We had a great time and can't wait till the next one. Hopefully before Gillette. I'd like to thank all those that had a hand in setting up the events at the rally.

NWTFHunter
10-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Daphna and I arrived in Charlotte, N.C. two days ago and are having a fun visit with the kids and grandkids. Saturday we will have a birthday party for our grandson who will be 3. He is sure keeping us busy. On the way over we were talking about the great time we had at the Rally and wanted to thank everyone for attending and helping out by bring a dish or lending a hand. Special thanks to Mike Johnson and the fish he provided for the fish fry. We are already discussing some options for the next Rally so if you have a location you would like to recommend or any ideas on locations please let me know. When things slow down in a few days I will get some photos posted for all to see. Thanks again everybody!!!!