PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Multi-Chapter Rally: NC, Waynesville - 10/12/2012 to 10/14/2012

Pages : [1] 2

trdeal
12-12-2011, 09:37 PM
4696 Jonathan Creek Rd., Waynesville, NC 28785
Venue:
------------------------------

N.C. & S.C. Joint Fall Rally @ Creekwood Farm RV Park
4696 Jonathan Creek Rd.
Waynesville, NC 28785
800-862-8110 or 828-926-7977 Be sure to tell the campground that you are with the Heartland Group.Once you have made your reservation please let us know so we can include you in our attendee list.
www.creekwoodfarmrv.com (http://www.creekwoodfarmrv.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Pet Fee: /A
WiFi available: Yes
WiFi Fee:

Details:
------------------------------
[LIST]
Number of sites held: 25
Site fee: $$39.00 off creek, $47.00 on creek per night.
Club Member Event fee: $0
Non-Club Member fee: $20.00 per rig
Potluck: Yes

Nabo
12-12-2011, 09:48 PM
What a great place for a rally. Must put this on our "to do" list.

trdeal
12-12-2011, 09:55 PM
We rode through the cg a couple weeks ago and really liked it. Hope to see you there.

archbarb
12-13-2011, 06:24 AM
Looks nice. Maybe about right for the fall color change. Hopefully Barb and I can make it!!!!!

Archie

trdeal
12-13-2011, 06:32 AM
Archie and Barbara, Good to hear from you. We hope you can attend. As you said we should be about right for the fall color change. It is hard to say when the peak change will be,but I am sure there will be lots of colors to see.

Wolfpackers
12-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Oh goodness, you have picked a great area to camp in. I'll make a few comments now while they are on my mind. If we see we will be around, we may be able to make this rally.

1. Go see the elk that are nearby, they are rutting that time of year.
2. If any of you are square dancers, the next RV park down the road (Pride RV Resort) has a Tuesday nite dance with some awesome callers. It's owned by Grand Square and Jerry Story & Tony Oxendine are two of the main callers...they built a new building with a floating floor for square dancing.
3. take a picnic and go to Max Patch. It's an open area on top of a mountain...beautiful views. All I can tell you is that it is accessed from exit 7 on I-40...get good directions before you head there. It's a short walk with moderate incline from the parking lot to the top...maybe 10-15 minutes.

Gotta check out this Diamond K Dance Ranch Terry....never heard of it....do you know more ?

Brent

Jim & Harriet
12-13-2011, 07:44 PM
looks like another great rally location. hope to see you there.

mntnman
12-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Michelle and will try to make the rally have to see how the vacation work out for next year. The area is very nice and a lot of things to do.

trdeal
12-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Oh goodness, you have picked a great area to camp in. I'll make a few comments now while they are on my mind. If we see we will be around, we may be able to make this rally.

1. Go see the elk that are nearby, they are rutting that time of year.
2. If any of you are square dancers, the next RV park down the road (Pride RV Resort) has a Tuesday nite dance with some awesome callers. It's owned by Grand Square and Jerry Story & Tony Oxendine are two of the main callers...they built a new building with a floating floor for square dancing.
3. take a picnic and go to Max Patch. It's an open area on top of a mountain...beautiful views. All I can tell you is that it is accessed from exit 7 on I-40...get good directions before you head there. It's a short walk with moderate incline from the parking lot to the top...maybe 10-15 minutes.

Gotta check out this Diamond K Dance Ranch Terry....never heard of it....do you know more ?

Brent Hi Brent. Hope you guys can make the rally. Thanks for the info on things to do in the area. We will have to check them out. I don't know anything about the Diamond K Dance Ranch, but they do have a website. It is www.thediamondkdanceranch.com (http://www.thediamondkdanceranch.com) . Hope this helps.

trdeal
12-13-2011, 08:59 PM
looks like another great rally location. hope to see you there. Jim and Harriet, we rode through the cg a few weeks ago and really liked it. Hopefully we will see you there.

trdeal
12-13-2011, 09:01 PM
Michelle and will try to make the rally have to see how the vacation work out for next year. The area is very nice and a lot of things to do. Dale it is a nice area. Easy access from I-40. Hopefully you guys can work it out to join us.

lduguay
01-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Hey Terry & Larry, (hmmmm, terry & larry.....such a nice ring to that :rolleyes:)

The Duguay's are set up on site 48 (creekside, only a few of those left so book your site soon) for Thursday night thru Sunday. T & L, we all might have to do a weekend up there before the Rally!!

See y'all soon!!!!!! Hey, year 2......does this mean we are no longer RV ROOKIES??!! :cool:

Lance

hillsonwheels
01-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Lance.........don't go counting your "rookies" before they're hatched! :rolleyes: Strange things happen when backing into a spot!! :eek:

Dick

SouthernNights
01-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Hey Terry & Larry, (hmmmm, terry & larry.....such a nice ring to that :rolleyes:)

The Duguay's are set up on site 48 (creekside, only a few of those left so book your site soon) for Thursday night thru Sunday. T & L, we all might have to do a weekend up there before the Rally!!

See y'all soon!!!!!! Hey, year 2......does this mean we are no longer RV ROOKIES??!! :cool:

Lance

I kid of like "Phil and Lance" better!!! http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/piratevader1/bow.gif

trdeal
01-04-2012, 06:23 PM
I kid of like "Phil and Lance" better!!! http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/piratevader1/bow.gif Larry,I like the Phil and Lance thing better too. Lance, the "rookie" handbook plainly states that a rookie shall remain a rookie until said rookie washes and waxes his favorite chapter leaders rig and or cleans his favorite chapter leaders sewer hose.

trdeal
01-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Lance and Kem, We are glad that you have decided to join us at the rally. A trip before the rally sounds good to us. Maybe we can get a small group together and make a test run.

Nabo
01-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Oh my - this is getting a little deep!!! If ya'll are up for a spring visit - we might be up for it.

lduguay
01-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Larry,I like the Phil and Lance thing better too. Lance, the "rookie" handbook plainly states that a rookie shall remain a rookie until said rookie washes and waxes his favorite chapter leaders rig and or cleans his favorite chapter leaders sewer hose.

"ROOKIE HANDBOOK"!!!??? Hmmmmm, never did receive a copy:confused:

OK, being the good sport that I am, just tow those Landmarks that my "favorite" Carolina "Big Buck" Chapter Leaders own and bring them to my house......not sure if you could ever get them OUT of our cul-de-sac...but I sure the experienced of a Sage Chapter Leader could handle the backin up challenge of those BIG rigs!!
And as a "RV rookie", I promise to get all that dirt & grime off with my power sander and sand blaster.....and with a little touch up spray paint, I will get em shining like almost new and maybe even re tape a few of those decals back on. As a bonus, I have plenty of extra sewer hose for us AND the NC/SC Chapter Leaders:rolleyes:

On the Early camping question, is the CG open in Feb/March? If so, we are open Feb 17th & March 2nd weekends........Let DO IT!!!!

Your Humble Former Rookie,

:angel:Lance

Phil Smith
01-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Who's that Phil you were referring to? I'm in for an early trip. We looked at the calendar and the fall weekend is a race weekend for us so we won't be able to go. To much money investested in tickets and we can afford those Landmarks!

Flying Dutchman
01-05-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm searching for my hip waders!!!:rolleyes: It is getting very deep. Starting to wonder the company we are mingling with. :p

Guess I had better get busy and make those reservations.:cool:

lduguay
01-05-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm searching for my hip waders!!!:rolleyes: It is getting very deep. Starting to wonder the company we are mingling with. :p
Guess I had better get busy and make those reservations.:cool:

Hey Eric,
I don't think you need the waders........maybe a snorkel :rolleyes:

And yeah, make those reservations quick, cause we are gonna have FUN!!!!!

trdeal
01-05-2012, 02:54 PM

Guess I had better get busy and make those reservations.:cool: Eric, you better go ahead and make those reservations. I think this is one rally that you will not want to miss!

Nabo
01-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Lance - those are probably great weekend for us - with March being a little bit better. Just let us know if an information HL campout is in the works.

lduguay
01-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Lance - those are probably great weekend for us - with March being a little bit better. Just let us know if an information HL campout is in the works.

Yep, looks like the March 2nd weekend is shaping up as the rally "preview" weekend. We will be more than ready to get out of town, (and not because I running from the law :rolleyes:) so I am planning on doing a reservation later today. Come one, come all!!!

Nabo
01-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Wonder if there will be snow at the slope at Cataloochee Ski resort? That a fun place to ski.

lduguay
01-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Wonder if there will be snow at the slope at Cataloochee Ski resort? That a fun place to ski.

If there is, I will bring our gear!!

lduguay
01-06-2012, 01:53 PM
We are booked March 2-4th at Creekwood RV park, site 73.......so now yall can choose to stay near......or far from us.:rolleyes:

Nabo
01-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah - we are booked for both March and October get-together/rally. Terry - not sure which site we will be in cuz the gentleman wanted to make sure that he can put the Grey Ghost in a long enough site. Lance - you are going to have neighbors - site 74.

When is SPRING going to get here??? I'm ready!!! :rolleyes:

trdeal
01-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Yeah - we are booked for both March and October get-together/rally. Terry - not sure which site we will be in cuz the gentleman wanted to make sure that he can put the Grey Ghost in a long enough site. Lance - you are going to have neighbors - site 74.

When is SPRING going to get here??? I'm ready!!! :rolleyes: Just let me know what site number the cg gives you for the fall when they let you know.

trdeal
01-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Hi folks. In order to hold down the confusion between the early spring campout at Creekwood Farm and the fall Rally at Creekwood Farm I have started a new thread entitled early spring campout. Thanks for putting your comments concerning the early spring campout in that thread.

lduguay
01-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Here are some nice pics of the creek that flows by the camp ground! Better book those creek side site early!!!!

davebennington
02-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Terry,

I do not know if we will be able to make it to the rally, we have alot on our plate now but it could all change by rally time.

dave

trdeal
02-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Terry,

I do not know if we will be able to make it to the rally, we have alot on our plate now but it could all change by rally time.

dave Dave, we really hope you can be there but we understand you just can't make them all.Hopefully things will work out so you can be there.

brauch
02-02-2012, 11:04 PM
This looks like a beautiful campground. We camped in Maggie Valley this past Fall, and loved it.
Hope we will be able to be at this rally. Will let you know when we make our reservations.

trdeal
02-03-2012, 04:42 AM
This looks like a beautiful campground. We camped in Maggie Valley this past Fall, and loved it.
Hope we will be able to be at this rally. Will let you know when we make our reservations. Hi Barbara. It is a very nice cg. Hope you and Ed can make it. We will also be making a camping trip up to this cg the first weekend in March if you guys can make it. Right now we have 3 couples attending. You can see who is going to be there by checking out the thread "early spring campout".You are welcome to join us if you can make it. Hope to see you soon.

brauch
02-04-2012, 08:31 AM
Sounds like a great idea. I will call to make reservations and let you know our site numbers for both the campout and the rally. Ed is looking forward to doing some fishing.

Hi Barbara. It is a very nice cg. Hope you and Ed can make it. We will also be making a camping trip up to this cg the first weekend in March if you guys can make it. Right now we have 3 couples attending. You can see who is going to be there by checking out the thread "early spring campout".You are welcome to join us if you can make it. Hope to see you soon.

brauch
02-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Reservations made today......October rally: arriving Thurs., 10/11 - leaving Monday, 10/15. Site 20
Early Spring campout: arriving Thurs., 3/1 - leaving Sunday, 3/4. Site 71 Looking forward to an early start
on our camping season.

Sounds like a great idea. I will call to make reservations and let you know our site numbers for both the campout and the rally. Ed is looking forward to doing some fishing.

trdeal
02-07-2012, 06:53 PM
Barbara that is great news! I will add you to both attendee lists. We sure have had some great weather for Feburary. Renee says to tell you Hi!

jbeletti
02-09-2012, 12:36 PM
The Belettis are coming!

Planning to use Good Sam for 10% discount ($47 less $4.70 per night). Note that PPA is not accepted for creek sites.

AR: 10/11
LV: 10/15
NTS: 3
DEP: $0
BAL: $126.90
ST: Creek site #54

See y'all there!

Jim

trdeal
02-09-2012, 05:52 PM
The Belettis are coming!

Planning to use Good Sam for 10% discount ($47 less $4.70 per night). Note that PPA is not accepted for creek sites.

AR: 10/11
LV: 10/15
NTS: 3
DEP: $0
BAL: $126.90
ST: Creek site #54

See y'all there!

JimJim and Nancy, that is great! We are looking forward to seeing you.

jbeletti
02-09-2012, 11:38 PM
Terry,

I spoke to Clark Thompson via email today, letting him know we would be in his area. Nancy and I want to try to get out to dinner with Clark and Gail Thursday night if possible. Or even have them join us at/near the CG that night to visit. As you know Clark, maybe you can join us in getting with them. Nice people. Not sure if they still own their classic Landmark.

Jim

trdeal
02-10-2012, 05:58 AM
Terry,

I spoke to Clark Thompson via email today, letting him know we would be in his area. Nancy and I want to try to get out to dinner with Clark and Gail Thursday night if possible. Or even have them join us at/near the CG that night to visit. As you know Clark, maybe you can join us in getting with them. Nice people. Not sure if they still own their classic Landmark.

Jim That sounds good Jim. Just let us know the details. I invited Clark and Gail to join us at the rally back in December. As far as I know they still own their Landmark. We have never actually met them face to face only by phone and email. It would be nice to finally meet them. Thanks

Jim & Harriet
02-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Just wanted to let you know that we will not be able to attend this rally - we will be attending our neice's wedding and spending
a good part of October in Maine.
Hope to see you all at another rally.
Jim, Harriet & Max

trdeal
02-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Just wanted to let you know that we will not be able to attend this rally - we will be attending our neice's wedding and spending
a good part of October in Maine.
Hope to see you all at another rally.
Jim, Harriet & Max Sorry to hear that you can't join us for the rally,but congratulations on your neice's wedding and you trip to Maine. Be careful and we will see you latter.

Randy
03-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Terry & Larry, Santha and I registered for the fall joint rally. Santha was sold after seeing the bull Elk on Saturday.
We will be in site 21. Arriving on the 11th. Randy, Santha and the Poodles.

lduguay
03-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Terry & Larry, Santha and I registered for the fall joint rally. Santha was sold after seeing the bull Elk on Saturday.
We will be in site 21. Arriving on the 11th. Randy, Santha and the Poodles.

WHOOOO WHOOOOOO......more ENO????

trdeal
03-04-2012, 07:40 PM
We will be in site 21. Arriving on the 11th. Randy, Santha and the Poodles. Hey that is great news Randy and Santha. Glad you guys can join us. I will add your names to the attendee list. It was great seeing you both this weekend.

Randy
03-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Lance, It is UNO as in Spanish for 1. Santha said It was your rule's but she still won the first hand. Our muscles have not recovered from your
rules. Randy, Santha and the Poodles.

trdeal
03-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Good morning everyone! Renee and I hope you are all havnig a great weekend. We know it is only March, but October is just around the corner. Creekwood Farms is taking reservations for the fall rally so if you are planning to attend, now would be a perfect time to make your reservations. Creekwood Farms is easily accessed from I-40, in the beautiful Smokey Mountains near Maggie Valley and Asheville. Lots to do in the area if you choose or just sit back and relax with your Heartland friends. The leaves on the trees should be at near peak or peak color. This will be a beautiful area to be in in the fall. So go ahead. Make that reservation and then circle back around here and let us know your site number. And you never know, we may just get in a couple of games of table slapin',thumb on nose, hand swappin', UNO (played by Lance's rules). Come on down! We are gonna have a great time!

lduguay
03-21-2012, 06:21 AM
Terry,

Whats up with your site selection....70? Y'all staying at the other end of the campground? Something we said or you just avoiding the explosions and large boulders from the early spring camp out??? :rolleyes:

Lance

Nabo
03-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Maybe it was his neighbor the last time ya'll were there. :confused: (and it wasn't us).

lduguay
03-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Maybe it was his neighbor the last time ya'll were there. :confused: (and it wasn't us).

I don't know what your talking about.........

trdeal
03-21-2012, 07:42 PM
Lance, I don't think it would matter which side the cg we camped on, that huge rock would still find us.

lduguay
03-21-2012, 09:20 PM
Lance, I don't think it would matter which side the cg we camped on, that huge rock would still find us.

Probably......or maybe an small ICBM. :rolleyes:

jimtoo
03-21-2012, 11:59 PM

You know... if you folks are really afraid that someone named Lance is gonna drop a rock or cause a tornado .:mad:... Being a "mod"... I have certain powers..:cool:. that might or could prevent something like that from happening,,,,;).. You know the ,,,,"DELETE" key....on my keyboard works really good..;) .. It don't work for free,,, but..well... if your really scared... you could ....contact me...:) We could maybe work something out.

Your friend..
Jim

SouthernNights
03-22-2012, 05:01 AM
You know... if you folks are really afraid that someone named Lance is gonna drop a rock or cause a tornado .:mad:... Being a "mod"... I have certain powers..:cool:. that might or could prevent something like that from happening,,,,;).. You know the ,,,,"DELETE" key....on my keyboard works really good..;) .. It don't work for free,,, but..well... if your really scared... you could ....contact me...:) We could maybe work something out.

Your friend..
Jim

Check is in the mail Jim...please contact me once the problem has been eliminated for final payment. 18317

lduguay
03-22-2012, 08:25 AM
Check is in the mail Jim...please contact me once the problem has been eliminated for final payment. 18317

Jim, you better wait at LEAST 10 days to make sure that check clears!!!!18319

jimtoo
03-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Let's see....I could delay the post while awaiting the arrival of the check and delay longer while waiting on the check to clear... Naaww..:confused:.to much book keeping.:confused:.. cash on the barrel only... Proceed Lance. :p

lduguay
03-22-2012, 10:10 AM
let's see....i could delay the post while awaiting the arrival of the check and delay longer while waiting on the check to clear... Naaww..:confused:.to much book keeping.:confused:.. Cash on the barrel only... Proceed lance. :p

Bombs AWAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

trdeal
04-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Hi everyone. Just a reminder that Creekwood Farms is taking reservations for the 2012 fall rally. I know this is April but October will be here before we know it. So if you are thinking about joining us at this rally,go ahead,pick up the phone and make that reservation today. We know you will have a great time.More information on rally events and an opportunity for you to lend a helping hand to those in need coming soon. Just keep your eye on thread number 1 of this thread for more details. Thanks

SouthernNights
04-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Terry,

Just made reservations for the rally. Arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday. No site given.

Of course you know that really means Tuesday or Wednesday and leaving Monday right?

trdeal
04-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Terry,

Just made reservations for the rally. Arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday. No site given.

Of course you know that really means Tuesday or Wednesday and leaving Monday right? Yep, I know the drill Larry. I will call and see if I can get your site number.

Pannell
04-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Terry,

Just made our reservations, going down Wednesday and leaving Sunday. I asked for site 52 but Joe was at home and not in the office.

Kim

Nabo
04-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Yea - can't wait to meet the folks (Kim & Teresa) who makes the great photo stories. Also - we have your sister coach (haha).

Pannell
04-23-2012, 06:23 PM
Nathan,

Yeah we got the best coach made......BC 3650....wooohooo, Love ours. and that would be my wife Teresa that does all the wondering pictures.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Kim

trdeal
04-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Kim, glad you got your reservaton made and that you are going to finally get to meet your sister coach.Swing back around and let me know your site number.

Pannell
04-24-2012, 08:35 AM
Terry,

We are on site 64

mntnman
04-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Dale and I made our reservations today. We'll be arriving on Thursday and leaving on Monday. We're on site 70.

trdeal
04-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Terry,

We are on site 64Got it Kim. Thanks

trdeal
04-24-2012, 05:46 PM
Dale and I made our reservations today. We'll be arriving on Thursday and leaving on Monday. We're on site 70. Dale and Michelle, Glad you could join us!

trdeal
04-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Just found out this afternoon that RVs for Less, (Heartland Dealer from Knoxville,TN) will have a few Heartland Products to show at our rally.Thanks Larry for making the call!Thanks also to Butch and Karen for being willing to provide the units for us and also for the welcome bags they are going to donate.Thanks also to Sonny Disnuke, who has donated a Correct Track axle alignment system and the Never Fail spring eye bushings which we will be giving away on Saturday night.This is going to be a great rally!

lduguay
04-24-2012, 09:28 PM
Just found out this afternoon that RVs for Less, (Heartland Dealer from Knoxville,TN) will have a few Heartland Products to show at our rally.Thanks Larry for making the call!Thanks also to Butch and Karen for being willing to provide the units for us and also for the welcome bags they are going to donate.Thanks also to Sonny Disnuke, who has donated a Correct Track axle alignment system and the Never Fail spring eye bushings which we will be giving away on Saturday night.This is going to be a great rally!

WOOOOOHOOOOO........looks like I will be saving up the $$$$$$'s for raffle tickets!!!!!!!!

SouthernNights
04-25-2012, 04:08 AM
Looking forward to the leaf season up in the mountains.

trdeal
04-25-2012, 04:25 AM
Yep. My guess is that the leaves will be at peak or near peak when we are there.

SouthernNights
04-25-2012, 05:01 AM
Looking forward to everyone joining this rally.

This will be the second time we have been up in the NC mountains in the fall for a rally. The first being Mt. Airy. The colors were very good at the higher elevations.

As Terry said, RVs for Less will be joining us. They have many customers in this area. I am sure they would love to see how you are enjoying your trailers.

One of the highlights of this location is the Biltmore house.
Here is a link to the Biltmore:

http://www.biltmore.com/

The history of the Vanderbilts and the amount of money and effort it took to build this house is staggering.

Hope to see everyone there!!!

mntnman
04-25-2012, 05:05 AM
The biltmore is an amazing house it's a place you can spend the day looking at the house and the grardens on the grounds.

lduguay
04-25-2012, 08:51 AM
The biltmore is an amazing house it's a place you can spend the day looking at the house and the grardens on the grounds.

The Biltmore is DEFINITELY an all day event......expensive tours, but WORTH it! The grounds should be beautiful in October!!

Nabo
04-25-2012, 11:46 AM
If there is enough interest for the Biltmore - what about checking into what constitutes "a group" for some discount pricing. I know thru my place of work we can get discount tickets.

SouthernNights
04-25-2012, 12:16 PM
If there is enough interest for the Biltmore - what about checking into what constitutes "a group" for some discount pricing. I know thru my place of work we can get discount tickets.
Good idea Byrd. Here is a link to the current ticket prices. They are worse than Disney with all the dates and time.
http://www.biltmore.com/buy_tickets/ticket_prices.asp

Just for comparison, what is the discount that you get at work?

jbeletti
04-25-2012, 12:46 PM
Belettis would be "in", if the Biltmore visit comes to pass. We've never toured the grounds outside the home.

Jim

Nabo
04-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Larry - will check with our marketing dept. tomorrow when I get back to work and let you know. B--

trdeal
04-25-2012, 08:45 PM
I think a trip to the Biltmore House would be nice. Thanks Byrd for checking into the cost of the tickets.

Nabo
04-30-2012, 07:45 AM
Ok - not having much luck getting the info from Biltmore thru work. The rates that we have listed are 2011 and our marketing person was out of the office last week and this week. Stay tune as updates come available. I do know Biltmore did an increase in ticket pricing and not sure if we can sneak in under the old rates or not.

brauch
05-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Terry.....As recently mentioned while at the HH rally, we are so sorry but we will not be able to attend the Waynesville Fall rally after all. BooHoo.....we were really looking forward to this rally.

trdeal
05-02-2012, 04:23 AM
Hi Ed and Barbara. We will miss you guys,but we understand. Hopefully we can meet for dinner or a campout soon. Lance is putting together an unofficial campout at Cane Creek Park near Charlotte June 22. There is going to be a few of us there maybe you can join us. The details are posted on the forum. Talk to you soon.

trdeal
05-07-2012, 08:06 PM
Ken and Faye, Got your p.m. this evening. Glad you are joining us at the rally! It will be great to see you again!

SouthernNights
05-07-2012, 08:11 PM
Ok - not having much luck getting the info from Biltmore thru work. The rates that we have listed are 2011 and our marketing person was out of the office last week and this week. Stay tune as updates come available. I do know Biltmore did an increase in ticket pricing and not sure if we can sneak in under the old rates or not.
Thanks for checking Byrd. With Terry's blessing, I will give them a call next week and see what we can work out. (Providing he promises to keep THAT guy from Charlotte away from my trailer.

trdeal
05-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks for checking Byrd. With Terry's blessing, I will give them a call next week and see what we can work out. (Providing he promises to keep THAT guy from Charlotte away from my trailer. Larry, feel free to call if you would like. As far as keeping THAT guy from Charlotte away from your trailer, I can't promise anything. As you know, if THAT guy from Charlotte wants to find your trailer he will find it,no matter where you are.

lduguay
05-07-2012, 08:38 PM
(Providing he promises to keep THAT guy from Charlotte away from my trailer.

I have NO idea WHO you are talking about????

Randy
05-11-2012, 08:24 PM
I live in Georgia and even we know who THAT guy is. THAT guy put a halo over his supposed head. I have seen THAT guy and this is wrong.
Lance has several problems which I would never mention. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

P.S. Two of the Poodles and I were destroyed at the Waynesville campout. Lance, Watch out. Poodle revenge coming.

SouthernNights
05-11-2012, 08:37 PM
I live in Georgia and even we know who THAT guy is. THAT guy put a halo over his supposed head. I have seen THAT guy and this is wrong.
Lance has several problems which I would never mention. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

P.S. Two of the Poodles and I were destroyed at the Waynesville campout. Lance, Watch out. Poodle revenge coming.

Thank you Randy. I KNEW you were a wise man.

lduguay
05-12-2012, 08:46 AM

Hey now!!!! My therapy is coming along REALLY well!

And regarding "several problems"........might one of those be a certain STICKY flagpole?? A flagpole that we LOVE by the way:D......THANKS!!

Rodbuster
05-24-2012, 02:57 PM
We made our reservations this afternoon - site 92. We are looking forward to seeing the fall foliage!

SouthernNights
05-24-2012, 03:49 PM
We made our reservations this afternoon - site 92. We are looking forward to seeing the fall foliage!

Hi Dick and Fran, we are happy that you are joining us all the way from Florida. Bring some warmer weather with you please.

trdeal
05-24-2012, 05:41 PM
We made our reservations this afternoon - site 92. We are looking forward to seeing the fall foliage! Hi Dick and Fran, we are glad that you have decided to join us. The campground is in a very nice location and I am just guessing that the leaves will be at peak or near peak when we are there. We are looking forward to meeting you. I will had you names to our attendee list.Safe travels.

mjf55
05-26-2012, 07:38 PM
Just letting you know that we have made our reservations. Site # 69. Right now it looks like we will arrive on the 12th.

trdeal
05-27-2012, 03:52 AM
Just letting you know that we have made our reservations. Site # 69. Right now it looks like we will arrive on the 12th. Mark and Patty, That is great news. We are looking forward to seeing you both again. I will add your names to the attendee list.We hope all is well with you and your family. Take care of yourselves and have safe travels.Looks like someone else has gotten the rally fever!LOL See you in a few months.

SouthernNights
05-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Just letting you know that we have made our reservations. Site # 69. Right now it looks like we will arrive on the 12th.

Glad you guys can come to Waynesville. Congratulations on joining the HOC.

davebennington
05-30-2012, 05:41 PM
We are at Creekside Campground now, just a stop overnight before heading on to Southaven, TN rally. It is a really clean place the people are nice and it is a Passport Park. Everyone should have a good time here in the fall.

dave

trdeal
05-31-2012, 03:40 PM
We are at Creekside Campground now, just a stop overnight before heading on to Southaven, TN rally. It is a really clean place the people are nice and it is a Passport Park. Everyone should have a good time here in the fall.

dave Dave it is a very nice cg. We had a great time there in the spring for our early spring campout. Fall should be beautiful with all he color in the leaves. You guys drive safe.

trdeal
05-31-2012, 08:23 PM
Welcome to our newest Heartland Owners,HOC members and first time Heartland rally attenders Mike and Bonnie Bentley.They will be joining us at Creekwood Farms and will be in site number 95. Welcome to the group!

lindaw
06-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Walter and Linda West florida chapter have made reservations and will be in Site 29. We are arriving on the 8th and staying for a week

trdeal
06-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Walter and Linda West florida chapter have made reservations and will be in Site 29. We are arriving on the 8th and staying for a week Hey Walter and Linda! That is great news!Glad you have decided to join us!We are looking forward to meeting you. I will add your names to the attendee list.Take care of yourselves and we will see you in the fall!

krhyde
06-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Walter and Linda West florida chapter have made reservations and will be in Site 29. We are arriving on the 8th and staying for a week

Hey Walter and Linda, we'll be your neighbors at the Rally, site 28. Looking forward to meeting you. Our new friends from Florida will be there also. Dick and Fran will be in site 92. You'll need to watch out for Dick. See you in Waynesville. Ken and Faye from Shelbyville, KY.

lindaw
06-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Hey Ken and Faye looking forward to being your neighbor in Waynesville. I think we can liven things up
a bit and have a great time.
Walter & Linda

lduguay
06-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Hey Ken and Faye looking forward to being your neighbor in Waynesville. I think we can liven things up
a bit and have a great time.
Walter & Linda

This a good thing, cause we tend to be on the quiet side......being the shy North Carolinian's that we are.

SouthernNights
06-07-2012, 03:25 PM

Another HOC member from Florida. Thank you for coming and hope you guys have a safe trip here.

As far as Lance's comment about NC people being shy, well, let's just say that no matter what side of the campground HE is on, everyone seems to know who HE is.

trdeal
06-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Couple number 14 has reserved for our fall rally. Joe,Linda,and the poodles from Georgia will be joining us and they will be staying in site #91. It is great that you guys have decided to join us.

krhyde
06-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Couple number 14 has reserved for our fall rally. Joe,Linda,and the poodles from Georgia will be joining us and they will be staying in site #91. It is great that you guys have decided to join us.

Hey Joe and Linda, We will be your neighbors across the path in Site 28. Your neighbors in Site 92 are new friends of ours from Florida. Welcome and look forward to meeting you in Waynesville. This Heartland bunch are a LOT of fun. Ken and Faye from Kentucky

SGeohagan
06-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Have just made reservations to attend the rally. We (Rodney & Suzy Geohagan (SGeohagan) will be is Site #43. Bill and Fran Sanders (Yuleervers) will be in Site #42.

trdeal
06-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Hey Rodney and Suzy,Bill and Fran. It is great to hear that you have decided to join us. We are looking forward to seeing you.
Hope you all are doing well.
Thanks also for giving me the heads up on the site number I had entered wrong.

ALF
07-08-2012, 10:45 AM
Our reservations are in for this Rally....we will be in site 20! Coming in on the 11th and leaving on the 15th. Count us in for an outing to Biltmore Estates! It has been many years since our last visit there and we look forward to seeing all the changes they have made.

trdeal
07-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Sue and Paul, we are glad that you have decided to join us. Loooking forward to meeting you. Have a great summer and we will see you soon.

SouthernNights
07-08-2012, 02:50 PM
Have just made reservations to attend the rally. We (Rodney & Suzy Geohagan (SGeohagan) will be is Site #43. Bill and Fran Sanders (Yuleervers) will be in Site #42.

Our reservations are in for this Rally....we will be in site 20! Coming in on the 11th and leaving on the 15th. Count us in for an outing to Biltmore Estates! It has been many years since our last visit there and we look forward to seeing all the changes they have made.
Glad you guys could join us I will be working on getting a discount for Biltmore , hopefully, thia summer

Deb-Vanskyock
08-02-2012, 10:49 AM
We will be joining! So EXCITED! Lloyd & Deb Site 25

trdeal
08-03-2012, 02:38 AM
Hey Lloyd and Deb! It is great to hear that you have decided to join us for our fall rally.It should be a beautiful time of year to be in the North Carolina mountains.We have added you name and site number to our attendee list. Have safe travels and we are looking forward to seeing you there!

trdeal
08-03-2012, 02:47 AM
Stay tuned for some upcoming info. on a possible trip to the Biltmore House in Asheville,NC. I will post the cost of the trip in a couple days. Also,since we will be in the N.C. mountains in the fall we are looking into the possibility of ordering sweatshirts with the Heartland logo and the rally site printed on them. I would need payment for the sweatshirts before the order can be filled.We will find out more about the cost of the sweatshirt this weekend and I will post it here. If you would be interested in placing and order, please send me a private message with the quanity and size you would need. Thanks and have a great weekend!

TXBobcat
08-03-2012, 07:07 AM
We have been to the Biltmore twice a few years apart. The first time we went it cost $63 for both of us. Last time we went there the price was $64 per person. You can go into the restaurant and winery after 4:30 (not sure about the time but that is close).

Looked up Biltmore and for Oct they show these prices:
http://www.biltmore.com/buy_tickets/ticket_prices.asp
October 1–October 31, 2012 Sunday–Friday Saturday
Adult 7+ Days Before Visit $49.00 $54.00
Youth 7+ Days Before Visit (ages 10–16) $24.50 $27.00
Adult Regular $59.00 $64.00
Youth Regular (ages 10–16) $29.50 $32.00

http://www.biltmore.com/groups/
Our professional Group Sales staff is eager to develop unique experiences for your clients or organization. Almost anything is possible!
Please contact Group Sales at 800-211-9805 or groupsales@biltmore.com.

navyAZ1
08-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Put the Parrish's down as attendee's, just made our reservations this morning. Forgot to ask what site we will be in but we know we won't be on the creek since those sites are full for that weekend. Ann and I stayed at this park back in 2006 it is a wonderful park, well managed and very clean. They even offered free biscuits & gravy, plus pastry's and coffee on Saturday and Sunday mornings. One thing that impressed us was at 10:00 PM "all went quiet". Looking forward seeing y'all.

Ron

trdeal
08-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Put the Parrish's down as attendee's, just made our reservations this morning. Forgot to ask what site we will be in but we know we won't be on the creek since those sites are full for that weekend. Ann and I stayed at this park back in 2006 it is a wonderful park, well managed and very clean. They even offered free biscuits & gravy, plus pastry's and coffee on Saturday and Sunday mornings. One thing that impressed us was at 10:00 PM "all went quiet". Looking forward seeing y'all.

Ron Hey Ron and Ann. Glad you have decided to join us. I called the campground and you are in site number 26. Looking forward to seeing you there.

trdeal
08-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Gary and Susan McKinney have decided to join us at the fall rally. They will be in site number 24. We are glad that you guys have decided to join us.Looking forward to seeing you guys then.

SouthernNights
08-05-2012, 06:10 PM
We will be joining! So EXCITED! Lloyd & Deb Site 25

Lloyd and Deb,
Looking forward to meeting you. Glad you could join us!

Ron

Ron,
It will be good to see you and Miss Ann again. Hopefully you will get your slide issue fixed by then.

trdeal
08-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Hi everyone. I just wanted to give you a heads up. Creekwood Farms is holding 25 sites for us. As of today we have 20 sites reserved. I spoke with the campground today about holding more sites for us,but, because there is another rally in the cg that weekend and because October is a busy time for them they cannot hold any more sites .So if you are thinking about reserving for the weekend now is the time to make the call. Once you do please circle back around here and let us know. Thanks and have a great week.

Flying Dutchman
08-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Talk about a procrastinator, I am one!! But, the old rallyholic syndrome has kicked in and we just can not let this one pass. So we will see y'all as we will be there. Have made reservations to arrive 10/11 to partake in the fun. Have been assigned site 27 (must have been an earlier cancellation). Can't wait to see all of you again, all have safe travels.

trdeal
08-07-2012, 04:08 AM
Talk about a procrastinator, I am one!! But, the old rallyholic syndrome has kicked in and we just can not let this one pass. So we will see y'all as we will be there. Have made reservations to arrive 10/11 to partake in the fun. Have been assigned site 27 (must have been an earlier cancellation). Can't wait to see all of you again, all have safe travels. Eric and Dorothy, glad to hear that you are going to join us.It is kinda hard to get rally going out of your blood. Looking forward to seeing you again. Be safe.

SouthernNights
08-07-2012, 04:24 AM
Talk about a procrastinator, I am one!! But, the old rallyholic syndrome has kicked in and we just can not let this one pass. So we will see y'all as we will be there. Have made reservations to arrive 10/11 to partake in the fun. Have been assigned site 27 (must have been an earlier cancellation). Can't wait to see all of you again, all have safe travels.

You have been busy yesterday making reservations. Glad y'all gonna make this one!!!

davebennington
08-07-2012, 01:47 PM
We will be there made reservations today.

Dave

SouthernNights
08-07-2012, 02:27 PM

Dave
Glad your plans changed and you and Julie were able to make it. Wouldn't be the same without you guys!!!

ljsexton
08-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Just made reservations. On site 99 and will arrive on the 11th. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

trdeal
08-07-2012, 03:17 PM

Dave Dave,Glad you guys have decided to join us. We are looking forward to seeing you again. Do you know what site they gave you?

trdeal
08-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Just made reservations. On site 99 and will arrive on the 11th. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Tommy and Linda, looking forward to meeting you guys at the rally. We are glad you have decided to join us. See you soon.

trdeal
08-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Good afternoon folks. Larry called the Biltmore House in Asheville today and got us some group ticket information. Here is what he found out.With a reservation made 30 days in advance, the cost per ticket for a group of 10 people or more is:
$40.00 adult
$20.00 ages 10-16
under 9 free
No money will be needed up front.Once the reservation is made a time for the tour on Saturday will be given.

If you are interested in touring the Biltmore House please send me a private message with your name, the number of tickets needed and if the tickets will be adult,10-16 years old or 9 and under. Thanks

trdeal
08-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Larry also talked to Karen at RV's 4 Less today and they are bringing a new Landmark and a new Bighorn to show us.

trdeal
08-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Here is a heads up everyone! We only have 2 sites left! Who is it going to be? Who is going to get these last 2 sites? Come on pick up the phone and make that call!

SouthernNights
08-11-2012, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the reminder Terry. The sites have gone fast. Looking forward to all the colors and cooler temperatures!

trdeal
08-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Good Saturday morning to everyone. We have decided to do a pancake breakfast Saturday morning at 9:00 at Terry and Renee's site. Site 46 provided by the NC/SC HOC. But we do need your help. We need a few people to bring a breakfast meat, juice,etc. If you would be willing to help out please pm me with the item you are going to bring. I will post these items for everyone to see so we don't any duplications. Also don't forget about the trip to the Biltmore house on Saturday and the sweatshirt order.Please PM me with this information as well. Thanks

trdeal
08-15-2012, 02:32 AM
FYI Larry Bandstra will be showing us how to build one of his world famous light poles. Stay tuned for all the ingredients you need to bring to the rally to make your own.
Also Teresa Pannell has agreed to hold a "Stamping Class". More details to come.

SouthernNights
08-16-2012, 01:30 PM
Just a reminder on Biltmore.

We need to have 10 people to be considered a "group" We now have 8 signed up. Worm and Kala do not count as part of the group because they have season tickets.

We also have to let Biltmore know by Sept. 10th that we are indeed a group so they can hold a "timed" entry on Saturday. NO money is needed until you go to Biltmore so this is pretty painless. :) If you do think you would like to go to the Biltmore house, i would urge you to let Terry know ASAP so we can hold a time-hopefully a good time where we are not rushed through it because of closing. Biltmore said that this was the busiest time of the year for them so lets get our reservations in early.

Thank you.

trdeal
08-17-2012, 07:42 PM
We have decided this rally to offer you 3 different choices in our Waynesville rally shirts. These shirts will be in Gray and will have a specially designed Waynesville rally logo created by Teresa Pannell. If you are interested in ordering these shirts,please send me a private message with your choice of shirts, size and quanity.I will then send you an address to mail your payment to. Orders and payment must be received by September 21.Thanks
Short Sleeve t shirt small-xl $14.00
2x $15.00

Long Sleeve t shirt small-xl $16.00
2x $18.00

Sweatshirts small-xl $20.00
2xl $25.00

I will post the cost of shirts larger than 2x in a few days.

trdeal
08-17-2012, 07:47 PM
Hi everyone. Hope you are all having a great start to your weekend. I just wanted to let you know that you will be given the opportunity to help the less fortunate in the Waynesville,NC area. On Saturday October 13th we will be collecting canned food items to be donated to the Open Door Ministry in Waynesville.This ministry provides a soup kitchen and a thrift store for those less fortunate and is sponsored by several of the Waynesville Churches. We will be around through out the day on Saturday to collect your items. If you don't plan to be around your site please leave your items on the step of you camper for us to pick up. Thanks

trdeal
08-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Saturday: 10:30-1:30 For gals and guys, Teresa Pannell will be holding a stamping class.She will need to order materials for those who wish to participate. The cost is $20.00 per person and the class size will be limited to 6 due to a small supply of stamping tools. If there is enough interest she will hold another class. If you are interested in attending this class please send me a private message and I will send you the address to mail your payment to. Teresa must receive your payment by September 21st in order for her to have time to get all the supplies together before the rally.This payment will be used to buy materials for your individual project.

trdeal
08-18-2012, 05:24 AM
Here is our current attendee list. If you have made a reservation and your name is not listed below, please let me know. Thanks

Attendee List:

1-Terry and Renee Deal (trdeal) Site 46
2-Lance and Kem Duguay (lduguay) Site 48
3-Nathan and Byrd Mathis (Nabo) Site 49
4-Jim and Nancy Beletti (jbeletti) Site 54
5-Randy and Santha Allen (Randy) Site 21
6-Larry and Samantha Bandstra (SouthernNights) Site 22
7-Kim and Teresa Pannell (Pannell) Site 64
8-Dale and Michelle Heuer (mntnman) Site 96
9-Ken and Faye Hyde (krhyde) Site 28
10 Dick and Fran Bernard (Rodbuster) Site 92
11 Mike and Bonnie Bentley(BBinNC) Site 95
12 Walter and Linda West (lindaw) Site 29
13 Joe and Linda Shejbal (8paws) Site 91
14 Rodney and Suzy Geohagan (SGeohagan) Site 43
15 Paul and Sue Alfano (Alf) Site 20
16 Gary and Susan McKinney (gmckinney) Site 24
17 Ron and Ann Parrish (navyA21) Site 26
18 Eric and Dorothy van Opstal (Flying Dutchman) Site 94
19 Dave and Julie Yocum (davebennington) Site 25
20 Tommy and Linda Sexton (ljsexton) Site 99
21 Frank and Pam Voelling (frankv) Site 45
22 Chuck and Patty Klatt (Gracie4Camping) Site 55
23 Jerry and Pat Orndorff (Ornofrk) Site 107
24 Doug and Mary Sloan (DougS) Site 93
25 Robert and Linda Cox (rcox) Site 70
26 Ron and Shelia Brown Site 27
27 Jeff and Robin Jinks (jejinks) Site 97
28 George and Rosemary Bartley (camper1) Site 15
29 Clark and Gail Thompson (ct0218)

trdeal
08-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Donnie and Sandy Tesh,Chuck and Patty Klatt,the Voelling's and Jerry and Pat Orndorff, glad you have decided to join us for the rally. We are looking forward to seeing you all there.

TeresaPannell
08-21-2012, 07:02 AM
Campin’ N’ Stampin FUN PROJECTS ******* DOOR PRIZES ***** GOODIE BAGS For those who are contemplating on signing up for the Stampin’ Class… Here is a sneak preview of the projects we will be doing…

Project 1: Christmas Cards (5)

We will be completing 5 of these cards (shown below) along with their decorative envelopes.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu185/TeresaPannell/ChristmasCard-small.jpg

Project 2: Mini Accordion Photo Album

I love capturing the special moments we have in our rallies and I couldn’t think of a better way to share those moments than in a mini album specifically made for this trip. This cute Accordion Album can display the memories of your trip and set on your countertop, mantle, coffee table, desk, nightstand, etc. Take your own pictures, bring your memory card to class and we will print them out and display them in your album.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu185/TeresaPannell/FrontImage-small.jpg http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu185/TeresaPannell/Inside-small.jpg

I will have all the kit (materials) and tools needed for your project.

You will have an opportunity to win one of three door prizes and get a goodie bag to take home with you.

Space is limited!! Register TODAY to secure your seat!!!

Come join the FUN!!!

SouthernNights
08-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Camp Light Supplies.

One of our planned activities will be to build a camp light. This is basically a portable post lamp like you would see in front of a house. These can be as fancy or simple as you desire.

Here are the supplies needed for a very simple lamp post. If you would like a post lamp, you can bring your own supplies. If you want something more than a simple lamp, e.g. two lights turned down etc., make sure you bring the material needed for this. If you have an idea in mind but would like me to help you figure the materials, PM me with a picture and I will do what I can to help you with the material list.

The light we build together will be raffled that night.

Lamp Post Materiel List:

1) PVC toilet flange

1)20858 5' section of PVC pipe. make sure you get the right size for your flange. Typically the flange and pipe will be 3"

1) Post light with a round flange or bottom like this.

1) 2 to 3' section of 3/4" PVC

2) 3/4" PVC end caps

1) small can of PVC glue. No need for primer.

1) 10' exterior extension cord with ground.

The plug should like this.

See everyone there.

lduguay
08-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Camp Light Supplies.

I call ours "The Larry Light".20862

PS. you might want to bring a can of black spray paint, unless you like the white & black look, and maybe even the light bulb of your choice.....we have the "flickering flame" bulb on our Larry Light.

Nabo
08-21-2012, 02:41 PM
I was able to get my light fixture in white - Lance :)

lduguay
08-21-2012, 03:08 PM
I was able to get my light fixture in white - Lance :)

You didn't go with the orange???.....it would match the flag pole 20863

Nabo
08-21-2012, 03:28 PM
sold the orange flagpole to some NasCar fans from IN. Now sporting a new black flagpole. OH I forgot - ya wanted the orange one - right :):)

DougS
08-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Doug and Mary Sloan just made reservations. We will be on site 93 and will arrive on the 11th. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

SouthernNights
08-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Doug and Mary Sloan just made reservations. We will be on site 93 and will arrive on the 11th. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Glad you guys are coming. Haven't seen you since Elko.

trdeal
08-22-2012, 08:15 PM
Doug and Mary. we are glad you have decided to join us. We have some great stuff planned and I believe we are going to have a great time. If you are interested in the Biltmore house tour,a rally shirt or the stamping class please let us know.

As Doug said, we only have one site left. Who is going to be the lucky folks to get it?

trdeal
08-31-2012, 03:57 AM
Happy Labor Day weekend everyone. Don't forget,if you are planning to take the tour of the Biltmore House we need to know by September 10th in order to make the reservation. As of today we have 10 people (which is enough to get the group rate) going,but there is still room for you.

Also if you would like a Waynesville rally tshirt (short or ong sleeve) or a sweatshirt please send me a private message with your name, quanity,size and if the size is for a male or a female. Once you have done this I will pm you with the address to mail your payment. Payment must be received no latter than September 21st.

And one more thing, as of today we have 1 site left for the rally with the group, so if you plan on attending now is the time to make your reservation. Once your reservation is made,please circle back around here and let us know. Everyone have a great weekend.

SouthernNights
09-01-2012, 10:00 AM
For those who are going to Biltmore House on the group tour, we should have our entry time by Monday evening and I will post it.

If they give us a choice of morning or afternoon (not sure that is possible though) does anyone have a preference???

Flying Dutchman
09-02-2012, 06:19 AM
We are morning people, however we will go with the flow.

trdeal
09-02-2012, 06:41 AM
Here is our current attendee list for the Biltmore House tour,if you are interested in attending there is still time. Just send me a private message with your name and the number of tickets you want to purchase. Thanks
Nathaniel and Kala Cline (they have season pass)
Eric and Dorothy Van Opstal
Dale and Michelle Heuer
Walter and Linda West
Donnie and Sandy Tesh
Paul and Sue Alfano

trdeal
09-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Here is an example of the Stamping and Camping Class being hosted by Teresa Pannell on Saturday October 13. Class size is limited to 6 and the cost for the class is $20.00.This fee covers the cost of your supplies for the project and must be paid in advance no latter than September 21. If you are interested in attending this class please send me a private message and I will send you an address to mail your payment.Our current list of attendees includes:
Kem Duguay
Renee Deal

Campin’ N’ StampinFUN PROJECTS ******* DOOR PRIZES ***** GOODIE BAGS
For those who are contemplating on signing up for the Stampin’ Class… Here is a sneak preview of the projects we will be doing…

Project 1: Christmas Cards (5)

We will be completing 5 of these cards (shown below) along with their decorative envelopes.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu185/TeresaPannell/ChristmasCard-small.jpg

Project 2: Mini Accordion Photo Album

I love capturing the special moments we have in our rallies and I couldn’t think of a better way to share those moments than in a mini album specifically made for this trip. This cute Accordion Album can display the memories of your trip and set on your countertop, mantle, coffee table, desk, nightstand, etc. Take your own pictures, bring your memory card to class and we will print them out and display them in your album.

http://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu185/TeresaPannell/FrontImage-small.jpghttp://i646.photobucket.com/albums/uu185/TeresaPannell/Inside-small.jpg

I will have all the kit (materials) and tools needed for your project.

You will have an opportunity to win one of three door prizes and get a goodie bag to take home with you.

Space is limited!! Register TODAY to secure your seat!!!

Come join the FUN!!!

Gracie4Camping
09-02-2012, 07:09 AM
Terry,
Thank you for posting the description of what "stamping" is. May we also get a picture/description of the light pole? Thanks! Patty

trdeal
09-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Terry,
Thank you for posting the description of what "stamping" is. May we also get a picture/description of the light pole? Thanks! Patty Patty I don't have one at this time, but SouthernNights,the South Carolina Chapter Leader and some others do. I will make some calls and get some pictures up for you. Thanks for your interest.

SouthernNights
09-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Here are some pictures of light poles.

The first was designed and built by Kim Pannell

Here is mine:

If Lance ever decides to get out of bed, he can post a picture of his. They are all different styles. We will be building one that looks like Lances and then Terry will give it away that night.

trdeal
09-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Just in case you missed it here are the ingrdients for one of Larry's world famous camp lights. You can bring the supplies with you or there is a Lowes nearby in case you want to purchase them when you get there. Also the Waynesville area has a wide variety of fast food,resturants,auto supply stores, a super Walmart,etc.

Camp Light Supplies.

One of our planned activities will be to build a camp light. This is basically a portable post lamp like you would see in front of a house. These can be as fancy or simple as you desire.

Here are the supplies needed for a very simple lamp post. If you would like a post lamp, you can bring your own supplies. If you want something more than a simple lamp, e.g. two lights turned down etc., make sure you bring the material needed for this. If you have an idea in mind but would like me to help you figure the materials, PM me with a picture and I will do what I can to help you with the material list.

The light we build together will be raffled that night.

Lamp Post Materiel List:

1) PVC toilet flange
//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20857&d=1345565503&thumb=1 (//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20857&d=1345565503)

1)//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20858&d=1345565580&thumb=1 (//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20858&d=1345565580) 5' section of PVC pipe. make sure you get the right size for your flange. Typically the flange and pipe will be 3"

1) Post light with a round flange or bottom like this.

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20859&d=1345565674&thumb=1 (//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20859&d=1345565674)

1) 2 to 3' section of 3/4" PVC

2) 3/4" PVC end caps

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20860&d=1345565732&thumb=1 (//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20860&d=1345565732)

1) small can of PVC glue. No need for primer.

1) 10' exterior extension cord with ground.

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20861&d=1345565808&thumb=1 (//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=20861&d=1345565808)

The plug should like this.

lduguay
09-02-2012, 10:16 AM
If Lance ever decides to get out of bed, he can post a picture of his. They are all different styles. We will be building one that looks like Lances and then Terry will give it away that night.

Yep, its a great thing to be camping and answering Larry's emails from the comfort of my BC bed, while overlooking the lake........and occasionally wondering what chores Larry is doing at home......ahhhhhh, the life!!!!

Here are closeup pics of my Larry Light and a couple of Kim Pannell's SUPER LUXURY DELUXE model. Cost of parts for my Larry Light is about $40-50 and that included Larry Labor!

Kim said parts for the SUPER LUXURY DELUXE model was approx $100

21072210732107421075 (sign & plant not included)

SouthernNights
09-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Yep, its a great thing to be camping and answering Larry's emails from the comfort of my BC bed, while overlooking the lake........and occasionally wondering what chores Larry is doing at home......ahhhhhh, the life!!!!

I am so glad I have a "Lance" in my life...21078

lduguay
09-02-2012, 11:31 AM
I am so glad I have a "Lance" in my life...21078

What your REALLY saying is that you MISS me!!!!!21079

Gracie4Camping
09-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Love it! I may be interested, not sure yet. Not to change the subject (did a search not able to locate), does anyone have the directions on how to build a flag pole out of PVC that does not attach to the camper? Thanks in advance!

jimtoo
09-02-2012, 01:27 PM
HI Chuck and Patty,

Is the flag pole (http://justbuildstuff.com/?p=32) your looking for? If it is, there is a mistake in the instructions. I'm sure you will find it, cause things don't add up.

Jim M

Gracie4Camping
09-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Yes, this is it! Thank you.

Randy
09-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Larry, You need to show a little more civility to Lance as He has not acquired the sage advice of his elders yet.
Heck, I am so old what did I just post. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

SouthernNights
09-04-2012, 05:37 PM
We have a time for the Biltmore house . The reservation clerk was pretty firm on the following rules.

Our entry time AS A GROUP is 9:30AM, Saturday October 13th.

The group MUST check in at group ticket sales 45 minutes early ( 8:45 AM) or we will loose our time slot.
We have reserved up to twenty people so there is still room for more people. We can not go over the 20 person limit but if we don't have 20 it is fine-as long as we have at least 10 people.

Payment must be made by one person but can be made upon arrival. For that reason, we will have one person in charge of the group AND the money.
Just a note: I was going to let Lance handle it until the money thing came up:rolleyes:, so I think we will let Nathaniel lead group since he is familiar with the Biltmore.

Really looking forward to this rally. Terry and Renee have put a lot effort and thought into this rally and it promises to be a good one!

SouthernNights
09-04-2012, 05:38 PM
Larry, You need to show a little more civility to Lance as He has not acquired the sage advice of his elders yet.
Heck, I am so old what did I just post. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Randy, No I don't. It's not in the rule book. :p

boatto5er
09-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Randy, No I don't. It's not in the rule book. :p

Rule book? There's a Lance rule book?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthernNights
09-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Love it! I may be interested, not sure yet. Not to change the subject (did a search not able to locate), does anyone have the directions on how to build a flag pole out of PVC that does not attach to the camper? Thanks in advance!

I will try and call Dick Hill (Hillonwheels) and see if he can post the materials he used for his. He has a very nice setup including solar lights to light up that WV flag.

Gus, there is a rule book for Lance but it really doesn't help much. ;)

lduguay
09-05-2012, 06:36 AM
Gus, there is a rule book for Lance but it really doesn't help much. ;)

RULES, I don't need no STINKIN rules!!

Those are for people that have issues like the obsessive need to organize the spaghetti noodles on their plates, cut their waffles along the grid patterns or maybe even crawl BEHIND the walls of their campers and realign ALL the electrical and plumbing lines...........

Hmmmmmm, wonder who THAT sounds like?:rolleyes:

Nabo
09-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Haven't done the organizing behind basement walls yet but I'm one of those who organizes their food! Bring it on Lance.

SouthernNights
09-05-2012, 01:15 PM

Chuck and Patty,
Talked with Dick Hill last about posting pictures of his flag pole setup. He is in a bad area for up loading pictures but he did send me these. He said he would post the BOM when he got better service. This really is a cool setup.

lduguay
09-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Haven't done the organizing behind basement walls yet but I'm one of those who organizes their food! Bring it on Lance.

Uh oh!!.........is having OCD a requirement for HOC Chapter Leadership:confused:

North Carolina might be in trouble next year!!!!!!

hillsonwheels
09-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Will try to live up to Larry's standards when posting the BOM and general directions for creating the flag pole that has evolved after a few mods. He's a tough act to follow!

You will need:
2-solar landscape lights
1-4' metal rod (1/2" conduit or rebar)
1-2" o.d. x 3/4" i.d. metal washer
7-pcs of 1" pvc cut to:
3@12"
1@60"
1@1"
1@34"
1@62"
1-1" four way cross
2-a/c condensate traps that will fit in the 12" pieces
2-1" caps
1-1" tee
1-1" 45 degree fitting

Not all pieces are glued so they can be taken apart for storage.

Glue one 12" piece and the 60" piece into opposing positions on the four way. After gluing the a/c condensate traps on the other 12" pieces, they dry fit into the four way so they can be removed for storage. The solar lights come with adapters that allow them to dry fit into the trap.

On the other end of the 60" piece glue the tee, the 1" piece and the 45 degree fitting.

Glue end caps on the 34" and 62" pieces. These then dry fit into the tee and 45. (I found I had to add some set screws to hold them in high winds.)

Flags can be fastened to these pieces with screws or eyelet hooks. For storage remove from upright and furl around the pipe.

To stand them up: Drive the metal rod into the ground. Slide the metal washer down to the ground. Then slide glued together 12" and 60" assembly over the rod. Then add the light and flag assemblies.

Any questions..............call Larry! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Flying Dutchman
09-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Lance, North Carolina isn't the only State in trouble, so is Virginia. I know I have a lot of things, but OCD ...?:eek:

Gracie4Camping
09-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Larry,
Thanks for posting the pics, this is what I was looking for. The lights are a nice addition.

rcox
09-07-2012, 11:25 AM
will be at rally arrive 10-12, site #70, 2011 big country, rcox and wife linda, boys joey(yorkie) and ballou(shih tzu)

SouthernNights
09-07-2012, 04:59 PM
will be at rally arrive 10-12, site #70, 2011 big country, rcox and wife linda, boys joey(yorkie) and ballou(shih tzu)

Hi rcox, glad you could make the rally. Looking forward to meeting you and the "boys" .

trdeal
09-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Hey rcox! That is great! We are looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. I will add your name to our attendee list.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

trdeal
09-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Good morning everyone. Here we are a little more than a month out from the rally and you guys have blown the doors off the number of sites that Creekwood Farms was holding for us.On behalf of Larry and Samantha,and my Beautiful wife Renee, I would like to say thank you. This is going to be a great rally! We are greatly looking forward to seeing our friends we haven't seen in a while and our friends we have never met before,we only know you through the forum. We reached the 25 sites Creekwood Farms was holding for us. You guys kept calling and Creekwood Farms ,has been great,and kept adding sites in our area so we all could attend and all be together as a group in the same area.But now our area is full. I really don't want to cut off the reservation process so I am going to call Creekwood Farms today and see if they have any more sites that they can make available to us. So if you are interested in joining us and still haven't made your reservation, don't give up.I will let you know latter on today what I find out. This is going to be a great rally. Once again Thanks for your support!

trdeal
09-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Good morning everyone. Here we are a little more than a month out from the rally and you guys have blown the doors off the number of sites that Creekwood Farms was holding for us.On behalf of Larry and Samantha,and my Beautiful wife Renee, I would like to say thank you. This is going to be a great rally! We are greatly looking forward to seeing our friends we haven't seen in a while and our friends we have never met before,we only know you through the forum. We reached the 25 sites Creekwood Farms was holding for us. You guys kept calling and Creekwood Farms ,has been great,and kept adding sites in our area so we all could attend and all be together as a group in the same area.But now our area is full. I really don't want to cut off the reservation process so I am going to call Creekwood Farms today and see if they have any more sites that they can make available to us. So if you are interested in joining us and still haven't made your reservation, don't give up.I will let you know latter on today what I find out. This is going to be a great rally. Once again Thanks for your support! I spoke with Creekwood Farms today and we have 3 more sites available to us in our area. We have had 1 cancellation and we have moved the RV's for Less units to another area of the campground. So now we have sites 104,97 and 98 open to reserve. Thanks again.

ohmz42
09-12-2012, 12:45 PM
So disappointed that Gene and I will be unable to attend the rally due to work conflicts. Gene will just be finishing up an outage at work. We so enjoyed our first rally at Hilton Head and hope to see everyone again real soon. Planning to go to Creekwood the next weekend on the 19th and stay through the 23rd. Hope you all have a wonderful rally and safe travels. Laura and Gene Jeffers, North Augusta, SC

SouthernNights
09-12-2012, 02:25 PM
So disappointed that Gene and I will be unable to attend the rally due to work conflicts. Gene will just be finishing up an outage at work. We so enjoyed our first rally at Hilton Head and hope to see everyone again real soon. Planning to go to Creekwood the next weekend on the 19th and stay through the 23rd. Hope you all have a wonderful rally and safe travels. Laura and Gene Jeffers, North Augusta, SC

We are definitely going to miss you guys but work has to come first. There will be many more rallies in the future that you will be able to enjoy.

trdeal
09-13-2012, 04:05 AM
So disappointed that Gene and I will be unable to attend the rally due to work conflicts. Gene will just be finishing up an outage at work. We so enjoyed our first rally at Hilton Head and hope to see everyone again real soon. Planning to go to Creekwood the next weekend on the 19th and stay through the 23rd. Hope you all have a wonderful rally and safe travels. Laura and Gene Jeffers, North Augusta, SC Laura and Gene, sorry to hear that you guys can't attend our rally. You will be missed,but we understand. Be safe out there and enjoy your time at Creekwood Farms the following weekend.

trdeal
09-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Hi everyone. Here is a heads up on the Biltmore House tour. We have had 2 people cancel out on the tour which makes us two short of the 10 people needed in order to get the discounted ticket price. So we have decided to cancel the tour as a group. Of course you are still free to take the tour but at full price. Thanks and sorry for the inconvience.

trdeal
09-18-2012, 06:23 AM
Good Morning everyone. Sites are available!
The rally is only a few weeks away and Renee and I are getting pretty excited about seeing all our Heartland friends. Some of you for the first time. Just a reminder that we have had some cancellations so there are sites available if you would like to join us. Also, we need someone to be our "fire king" for Friday and Saturday night. If you would like to volunteer to get our fires started and be sure they are out at the end of the evening,please send me a private message. I will check with the campground and see if they have any wood we can purchase if not we will also need some volunteers to bring wood. I will let you know what I find out. Thanks and have a great day!

trdeal
09-25-2012, 06:14 AM
Cool days. Cooler nights. The leaves are beginning to change colors. That can only mean that fall is here and our fall rally is just a couple weeks away. Remember that Sites are available, so make your reservation today. Also remember we need a volunteer to be our "Fire King" for Friday and Saturday night. Creekwood Farms has firewood available. If you are interested in helping please let me know. Thanks

Nabo
09-27-2012, 10:12 AM
A friend of our who are HL owners but not club members have just registered to come as our guest. Their name is Shelia and Ron Brown from Clinton, TN who has a Big Country 3650. They were given site #27. WOW - that makes 3 BC3650 coming to the rally that I know of. Please everyone Welcome them as quests.

Terry/Larry - I will help do anything including being just extra hands (goffer) if need be.

Byrd

trdeal
09-27-2012, 08:18 PM
A friend of our who are HL owners but not club members have just registered to come as our guest. Their name is Shelia and Ron Brown from Clinton, TN who has a Big Country 3650. They were given site #27. WOW - that makes 3 BC3650 coming to the rally that I know of. Please everyone Welcome them as quests.

Terry/Larry - I will help do anything including being just extra hands (goffer) if need be.

Byrd Hey Byrd,that is great news.Thanks for inviting Ron and Shelia.I am sure we will all do our best to make them feel welcome. Thanks also for the offer to help. We will need yours and Nathans help on Saturday night. We have something special planned that should be alot of fun. It won't be long now!

SouthernNights
09-28-2012, 04:45 AM
We are here now just for the night. There is a 3650 BC next to us, a BH, a Cyclone (pretty permanent looking) and a one month old Landmark. The people in the LM are working here at the park.
This place is very pretty-and very easy to get to.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple of weeks.

BBinNC
09-30-2012, 08:23 AM
I can bring meat or whatever is needed for the breakfast. Just let me know what you need.

BBinNC
09-30-2012, 08:35 AM
Any Cyclone owners attending this rally? We are looking for anyone who has a motorcycle and plans to take some rides in the area.

Nabo
09-30-2012, 12:16 PM
Teresa - do you have enough folks to do the stamping class? I would like to join in if possible.

Terry/Larry - is there a list of who is bring what for the breakfast Saturday am? I can help out but don't wont to overdue one item like bacon, etc.

B--

mjf55
09-30-2012, 01:30 PM
So, looks like Patty and I cannot make it. The head gasket blew on my Ram, the parts are on order. I hope to fix it next weekend, but since this is my first head gasket repair, I don't want to test it out by pulling the trailer. So, have fun. We will miss you.
Site 69 is now open for immediate occupancy. :-(:(

boatto5er
09-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Teresa - do you have enough folks to do the stamping class? I would like to join in if possible.

Terry/Larry - is there a list of who is bring what for the breakfast Saturday am? I can help out but don't wont to overdue one item like bacon, etc.

B--

Byrd, there can never be too much bacon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBinNC
09-30-2012, 02:33 PM
My husband and I have a Cyclone and a Harley and plan to ride some while in Maggie Valley at the rally. Love to hear if there are others with a motorcycle planning to attend the rally.

trdeal
09-30-2012, 03:09 PM
I can bring meat or whatever is needed for the breakfast. Just let me know what you need. Mike and Bonnie, thanks for the offer. Right now we have bacon covered. We also have some sausage coming and some oj. We could probably use some more OJ or some other breakfast juice. Or if you want to bring some country ham or some more sausage that would be fine also. Thanks for being willing to help out. We will see you in a couple weeks.

SouthernNights
09-30-2012, 03:12 PM
I can bring meat or whatever is needed for the breakfast. Just let me know what you need.

If you could bring a meat. that pould be great. I think the club might provide some of the meat also. Have to check that out with the boss thought (Terry).

I do not know if anyone else is bring a bike but I know there were quite a few bikes in the park. Matbe you could find a riding partner there.

Byrd, Terry might be keeping a list., I am just the hired help. I think the SC chapter might be buying a few items.

trdeal
09-30-2012, 03:20 PM

B-- Hi Byrd, I realize I am not Teresa,but I did spend the night in a Holiday Inn Express one time. Teresa is still going to do the Stamping Class. Renee and Kem Duguay are going to attend. All I need to do is let Teresa know you want a kit and she can bring you one. Or if you want to contact her yourself I can p.m. you her email address. As far as the list for breakfast goes, I do have one. I just have never moved it over to the forum from my message box. We have the bacon covered. If you would like to bring some oj or some other breakfast juice or some country ham or sausage that would be fine. It is totally up to you. Thanks for the offer. Looking forward to seeing you and meeting your friends in a couple weeks.

trdeal
09-30-2012, 03:25 PM
So, looks like Patty and I cannot make it. The head gasket blew on my Ram, the parts are on order. I hope to fix it next weekend, but since this is my first head gasket repair, I don't want to test it out by pulling the trailer. So, have fun. We will miss you.
Site 69 is now open for immediate occupancy. :-(:( Mark and Patty, so sorry to hear that you are not going to be able to join us for the rally. Also very sorry to hear about your Ram trouble. Hopefully the head gasket repair will be an easier job than you think and that the Ram will be rolling down the highway soon. Give us a call sometime and maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle for dinner some night.

Nabo
09-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Ok dookee - the Mathis' will bring breakfast style country ham. I will also contact Teresa about the stamp kit.

Thanks
B--

mntnman
09-30-2012, 05:07 PM
Terry,
i will bring the coffee pot and a griddle. If you need something else let's us know.

SouthernNights
09-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Ok dookee - the Mathis' will bring breakfast style country ham. I will also contact Teresa about the stamp kit.

Thanks
B--

Please drop off the country ham at site 22 upon arrival. I will make sure it stays saf (read keep away from Lance) until we are ready for it.

Randy
09-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Santha and I were in the north Georgia area today. The fall leaves should start to turn shortly. Will see everybody in about 10 days.
Randy, Santha and the poodles

TeresaPannell
09-30-2012, 07:25 PM
Got your request to join the Stampin' Up Class and I'm looking forward to having fun with you and the others gals. If you have any questions, just let me know!!! Thanks for joining us!:)

Flying Dutchman
09-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Terry, we will bring some OJ. (It will help the bacon going down).

trdeal
10-01-2012, 06:21 AM
Terry,
i will bring the coffee pot and a griddle. If you need something else let's us know. Thanks Dale. That will be great!

trdeal
10-01-2012, 06:26 AM
Terry, we will bring some OJ. (It will help the bacon going down). Thanks Eric. That will be great

lduguay
10-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Please drop off the country ham at site 22 upon arrival. I will make sure it stays saf (read keep away from Lance) until we are ready for it.

If you want to keep the ham safe, you need to store it with someone who has Weapons of Mass Destruction!!
PS. Note the Missile Launcher Branding......

Randy
10-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Realizing that the country ham has it's own thread from this point on I will go to important questions. Santha wants to know if we will
have access to a oven on Saturday morning for the biscuits? Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Nabo
10-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Have no fear - the ham is coming in under it's own security guards!!!

Nabo
10-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Our guest Ron & Shelia are bringing OJ and apple juice for the breakfast.

trdeal
10-03-2012, 07:55 AM
If you want to keep the ham safe, you need to store it with someone who has Weapons of Mass Destruction!!
PS. Note the Missile Launcher Branding...... Well, the fun has begun!

trdeal
10-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Realizing that the country ham has it's own thread from this point on I will go to important questions. Santha wants to know if we will
have access to a oven on Saturday morning for the biscuits? Randy, Santha and the Poodles Randy,I can't remember if there is an oven in the community room or not. Seems like there is. I will have to find out when I call to get an updated attendee list. And you are right this ham thread will have a life of its own.

krhyde
10-03-2012, 08:04 AM
have access to a oven on Saturday morning for the biscuits? Randy, Santha and the Poodles

If needed, you can use our oven. Ken

trdeal
10-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Our guest Ron & Shelia are bringing OJ and apple juice for the breakfast. That is great tell Ron and Shelia we say Thanks!

trdeal
10-03-2012, 08:06 AM
If needed, you can use our oven. Ken Thanks Ken. I am sure there will be enough volunteers to get those biscuits baked.

lduguay
10-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Have no fear - the ham is coming in under it's own security guards!!!

This your guy?????

I think my guys are better.......

navyAZ1
10-03-2012, 11:11 AM

Randy, when Ann and I stayed at this campground back in 2006 they had an oven in the community building as they offered everyone free biscuits and gravy on Sat & Sun mornings. Don't know if they still do that or not but hopefully the equipment is still there.

Ron

SouthernNights
10-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Randy, when Ann and I stayed at this campground back in 2006 they had an oven in the community building as they offered everyone free biscuits and gravy on

Sat & Sun mornings. Don't know if they still do that or not but hopefully the equipment is still there.

Ron

They are still doing the biscuits and gravy as of last week. :)

mntnman
10-03-2012, 05:08 PM
I have decided to go change my arrival date to wednesday. Looking forward to the time away from work.

SouthernNights
10-03-2012, 08:01 PM
I have decided to go change my arrival date to wednesday. Looking forward to the time away from work.

Great Dale.I think we will end up getting here on Wed also; if for no other reason but to get there before Lance.. HEHE Can anyone say back up scoring?????

Randy
10-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Dale, Santha and I will arrive on Wednesday also. If the campground is going to provide biscuits and gravy I doubt that
Santha will fix biscuits and gravy. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

boatto5er
10-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Great Dale.I think we will end up getting here on Wed also; if for no other reason but to get there before Lance.. HEHE Can anyone say back up scoring?????

Darn - and I'm going to miss it! :rolleyes:

FRANKV
10-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Terry,
Just caught up with the thread and want to update you on our site change. We are now on site 45. Looks like we will be neighbors. We can make our coffee machine, toaster and chairs available for the breakfast. What other food items or supplies are needed? OBTW we will be arriving on Sunday the 7th.

Pam

SouthernNights
10-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Darn - and I'm going to miss it! :rolleyes:

No you wont. I will be more than happy to video it for you. It's the least I can do for my fiend...er, friend Lance. :D

boatto5er
10-04-2012, 12:02 PM
No you wont. I will be more than happy to video it for you. It's the least I can do for my fiend...er, friend Lance. :D

I await patiently...:rolleyes:

lduguay
10-04-2012, 01:27 PM

Ha......I'm getting pretty good at backin' in since my first "scored" rally!!

Just a ONE small scratch, that Larry can fix at the rally!:rolleyes:

Nabo
10-04-2012, 02:10 PM
Holy Cow Lance. Glad we weren't near ya when that happened (heehee). But it does look like we will need to separate you two boys. I can have the Ham security guards keep a watchful eye on ya'll.

Nabo
10-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Great news - some other friends of our who just joined the HOC are also coming to the rally Friday with this being their 1st event as new members. Their names are Jeff & Robin Jinks (jejinks) from TN. When I talked with Robin earlier today, she said that the campground didn't give her a site number so one of ya guys will have to find that out. We are meeting up with them Friday morning and plan on coming in together.

SouthernNights
10-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Great news - some other friends of our who just joined the HOC are also coming to the rally Friday with this being their 1st event as new members. Their names are Jeff & Robin Jinks (jejinks) from TN. When I talked with Robin earlier today, she said that the campground didn't give her a site number so one of ya guys will have to find that out. We are meeting up with them Friday morning and plan on coming in together.

Welcome Jeff and Robin.

Byrd, I will check on it when we get there Wed. (or Tuesday) unless Terry beats me to it.

trdeal
10-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Terry,
Just caught up with the thread and want to update you on our site change. We are now on site 45. Looks like we will be neighbors. We can make our coffee machine, toaster and chairs available for the breakfast. What other food items or supplies are needed? OBTW we will be arriving on Sunday the 7th.

Pam Howdy neighbor! Thanks for the update. We are looking forward to meeting you guys. As far as the food items go I think we pretty well have it covered. Now I will add I love pecan and coconut pie. Soooooooooooooooooo! LOL. If there is anything you want to bring feel free to do so.Thanks. See you soon.

trdeal
10-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Holy Cow Lance. Glad we weren't near ya when that happened (heehee). But it does look like we will need to separate you two boys. I can have the Ham security guards keep a watchful eye on ya'll. Like I said before, The rally fun has begun!

trdeal
10-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Great news - some other friends of our who just joined the HOC are also coming to the rally Friday with this being their 1st event as new members. Their names are Jeff & Robin Jinks (jejinks) from TN. When I talked with Robin earlier today, she said that the campground didn't give her a site number so one of ya guys will have to find that out. We are meeting up with them Friday morning and plan on coming in together. Hey Byrd, that is great news. Jeff and Robin, it will be great to meet you. I will call tomorrow and get your site number.

trdeal
10-04-2012, 07:23 PM
Attention all you North Carolina Heartland Owners club members. If you have one of the Proud to be a North Carolina Heartland Owners Club member tshirts bring it with you to the rally. We will have our pictures made together on Saturday night.

Randy
10-04-2012, 07:41 PM
Terry and Larry, Santha said that since the park does biscuits and gravy that she should change to a hash brown casserole for Saturday morning.
Take it easy on Lance. He is his own worst enemy. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

SouthernNights
10-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Terry and Larry, Santha said that since the park does biscuits and gravy that she should change to a hash brown casserole for Saturday morning.
Take it easy on Lance. He is his own worst enemy. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Randy, i will double check with the cg when we get there. I know they had the biscuitd a vouple of saturdays ago. Tell Santha thumbs up on the hadh browns.

trdeal
10-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Take it easy on Lance. He is his own worst enemy. Randy, Santha and the Poodles That sounds good Randy. Tell Santha we said Thanks.

Nabo
10-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Randy, i will double check with the cg when we get there. I know they had the biscuitd a vouple of saturdays ago. Tell Santha thumbs up on the hadh browns.

OK Larry - I wont to know whose thumbs were typing - sweetie or duchess?

SouthernNights
10-05-2012, 05:01 AM
OK Larry - I wont to know whose thumbs were typing - sweetie or duchess?

Hard to type while your driving. LOL That is pretty bad isn't???

CorvairMan
10-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Just stumbled on this thread. It just so happens we'll be in Maggie Valley on this weekend for a Corvair show. Will be pulling our '11 Edge M21 and will be staying at Twinbrook Resort Behind the Firehouse) in Maggie Valley, but would like to swing by and meet some folks and talk about the Heartland products, if that would be OK.

George & DeLinda Jones
'03 Silverado CC, DMax/Allison
'65 Corvair Monza V8 convertible
'66 Corvair Monza Custom Coupe
'67 Corvair Monza Custom Coupe
'85 U-Haul 13'
'11 Heartland Edge M21

Orlando, FL

jimtoo
10-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Hi Corvairman,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Talk about Heartland products, solve problems, make mods and make friends, that what the forum is all about.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Nabo
10-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Corvairs WOW - I haven't seen one of those in ages. Of course we would love for ya'll to come visit and naturally drive one of those unique cars.

trdeal
10-06-2012, 03:21 AM
Hard to type while your driving. LOL That is pretty bad isn't??? Now LB! I think this would be considered the same as texting and driving!

trdeal
10-06-2012, 03:31 AM
Just stumbled on this thread. It just so happens we'll be in Maggie Valley on this weekend for a Corvair show. Will be pulling our '11 Edge M21 and will be staying at Twinbrook Resort Behind the Firehouse) in Maggie Valley, but would like to swing by and meet some folks and talk about the Heartland products, if that would be OK.

George & DeLinda Jones
'03 Silverado CC, DMax/Allison
'65 Corvair Monza V8 convertible
'66 Corvair Monza Custom Coupe
'67 Corvair Monza Custom Coupe
'85 U-Haul 13'
'11 Heartland Edge M21

Orlando, FL Hey CorvairMan. It will be great to meet you! Feel free to stop by for a visit. I will send you a private message with my mobile number. Give me a call when you get there and I will meet you at the office and help you find us.But I really don't think you will have a problem spotting us. A couple years ago,when I was a teenager, my sister and I put our money together and bought a 1963, (I think) Corvair. It had the shifter in the dash. That is what we learned to drive on. We made us a race track out in the field beside our house and when it was muddy we would really have a good time. Looking forward to meeting you.

trdeal
10-06-2012, 03:57 AM
As we all know Butch and Karen Burson,Owners of RVs for less in Knoxville, TN., had previously agreed to bring in 2 new Heartland units for us to view at the rally. As we also know Butch has had some serious medical conditions over the last several months, and especially over the last few weeks. Because of the seriousness of his condition we were informed yesterday that they will not be able to bring these 2 units which is totally understandable. We thank RVs for Less for their interest in this rally and want them to know that our thoughts and prayers are with Butch and his family during their time of need.

trdeal
10-06-2012, 04:08 AM
Don't forget! You will be given a chance to give back to the Waynesville area by donating your canned food items to the Open Door Ministry of Waynesville,NC. This ministry is a soup kitchen and thrift store sponsored by churches in the Waynesville,NC area and do a great work by helping to feed and clothe those in need in the Waynesville area. We will be making the pickup and delivery of these items on Saturday afternoon. If you do not plan on being in the campground on Saturday afternoon please leave your items on the steps of your camper. Thanks for helping to feed those who are having trouble feeding themselves.