Our Key Largo is about to kill us.

wildwolfproducts

Yes owning this landmark Key Largo is about to kill us. :D Lots of people in the campground or just driving by stop and want to take a look.:eek: Yesterday three different couples told me, this was there next unit. After seeing our Full Body paint Key largo there going to start the search for there own. Was asked 2 times If I had the Brochure on it from when we were doing our search. So makes you wonder if we need some to hand out to the ones asking about the camper. It shocks me the people out there that still does not have Internet.:confused: But guess everyone does not know what there missing out on by not owning a PC and a landmark! :cool:

I will say if you don't like strangers walking up to you. Don't buy the Full Body paint Landmark. As it will sure make them stop and come back. Shoot a few weeks back we had one care follow us for 25 miles. Then to follow us into the parking lot we pulled off into. I had an ideal what they were doing. As they would follow then ease up along the camper. To only fall back and keep doing the same thing. They also fell in love with it. Something about a Great Product that looks this good makes people notice it for sure. Wish I could say its my good looks and charm. But its all Key largo.

I did tell 2 yesterday to log into this forum. Lots of great info along with nice bunch of people.. I did tell a few Heartland is like the rest, there's issues but so far I have to say customer service has been better then I could expect from any company. Not many big company's these days the president gets in touch with you on an issue. And small issue at that.

I do wonder if I chain a 600 lb bear out front if they would still ask for a tour? LOL just kidding always glad to let anyone take a look and see what we fell for ourselves.
Pete

ihsolutions

Neat story! Mine is a BH but we have similar reactions in state parks, primarily because we are usually the largest rig in there. Plus, for some reason, people love to say "BIG HORN!"

I always give the same disclaimer as you, which is "issues do happen" but the praise for Heartland's customer service is always the closing argument, and people seem to appreciate that. I have nothing but good things to say about ours, and we're looking to upgrade to the Landmark Mesa next summer. Very excited to get a few of the options I should have ordered the firs time around, such as a second A/C, dual pane windows, and level-up!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Ours is 5 years old and doesn't have any of the fancy new paint options, and we still have people want to look and ask questions.

Kristy

K

karykatz

Thanks for the great post Pete. Glad everyone loves the paint. thanks for being part of the heartland family!!!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Funny thing is last year when asked about this paint job most on here thought it too busy....now it's the best selling of all the Landmarks....loved it then, and still love it now! Kary, please keep it...we plan on ordering this spring!!!!

FordMan1966

With our previous Montana I gave one tour in 3 years. Now that we have a 2013 Landmark Grand Canyon Chocolate Full Body Paint it is tourist attraction when we are in the Campgrounds. Heading to Pigeon Forge in a few hours and I am sure it will be that way this weekend as well. Nothing looks better then the Full Body Paints.

donr827

Fordman, we spend several weeks in October at Pine Mountain in Pigeon Forge every year. Have a good time.
Don

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
FordMan - how long are ya staying in PF and where? Saturday is already booked with catch-up stuff but we might be able to run over Sunday. Just got the BC back from the dealership this afternoon having some maintenance stuff.

As far as having a Landmark - what a nice problem to have!

FordMan1966

We are just spending 2 nights. Going home Sunday. We are staying at Rivers Edge this weekend.

FordMan - how long are ya staying in PF and where? Saturday is already booked with catch-up stuff but we might be able to run over Sunday. Just got the BC back from the dealership this afternoon having some maintenance stuff.

As far as having a Landmark - what a nice problem to have!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Sorry we will miss getting to meet ya'll. How tight was Rivers Edge? We haven't camped there since 2004 cuz of the size of the coaches. Most of the time we stay at the other end at River Plantation - ez-in, ez-out.

FordMan1966

Plenty of room in the 90's spots we try to stay on 98 or 99. We like Twin Mountain Resort next to Rivers Edge as well. We try to stay on sites 107 to 112 if they are available. Plenty of room in these spots for our 5th wheel and truck as well as a Street Rod when we attend the Car Shows in Pigeon Forge.

Birchwood

The Landmarks are handsome rigs and always seem to look rich.Its rare to see a Landmark where we live in Eastern Canada.
I seen my first Landmark pass from a campground near us last week and its been three years since we purchased our 2009.
We also get people on the highway lingering along side wondering how much did that rig cost.Actually I think they are just looking at the gold tint on the windows.

rick_debbie_gallant

All ya have to do is set up a reservation book out front. Just like ya have to pay at an rv show, charge them admittance fee. Pass out brouchers and earn a commission.

jcarnevale

Why is General RV not selling the Landmark anymore? I've been to two of them recently and neither one of them wanted to show me a Heartland product. All they wanted to do was show me anything but what I was looking for.