PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness owners - where are you???

Gracie4Camping
09-03-2012, 05:44 PM
I have been searching for other Heartland Wilderness Travel Trailer owners and am not finding any on this forum. So my question is - did Heartland stop production of a new travel trailer? Are there any issues I am unaware of?

We have camped for many years started in a tent then a pop-up, then a 22 ft low end travel trailer and now we have the Wilderness which I feel is middle to upper end camper. I would hate to see this camper disappear. I hope to see more on the road soon! Any ideas????

Happy Camping!!

TravelTiger
09-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Gracie,

Dont fret. The Wilderness is a fairly recent addition the the Heartland fleet. It could be owners are out there, but don't have time to chat on a forum. Sometimes people end up finding the forum when they have a problem and are seeking answers. Since not many are posting here, sounds like they are not having many problems, either! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CliffP
09-05-2012, 12:33 AM
I think Erika and Tony hit it right on the head. This is pretty new line of TTs and there just aren't that many owners here yet. One thing that might help you find other Wilderness owners is to use the Tags box when you start a post. Type in Wilderness, your model#, Heartland , other Wilderness model #s, and or any other words that would "lead" people to your post (all seperated by commas) if they were to do a google search using these "Tags" (key words).

When we were shopping I used Tags and Mindy kept being led to my forum posts by google.:)

What kind of dog is Gracie? Our Gracie is a Silver Lab.:o

Gracie4Camping
09-05-2012, 05:29 AM
Cliff,
Thank you for the tip on Tags, will have to try. Gracie is a beagle boxer mix and she looks like a small lab :)

kakampers
09-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Don't know if it helps but we used to own an original Wilderness by Fleetwood...next to our Bighorn it was the best trailer we ever owned! Never had a problem with it...I'm sure Heartland will do the Wilderness name proud!

Welcome to the Heartland family!

jbeletti
09-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Hi Chuck and Patty,

Thank you for purchasing your Wilderness and welcome to the Heartland Family!

Just this morning, I created a Wilderness Community here on the forum. I just moved your thread into it. So now Wilderness has it's very own space. Time to start chatting it up :)

Gracie4Camping
09-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Thank you!! Excited to meet and chat with other Wilderness owners. :)

Tumblebug
09-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Count me in the new WILDERNESS owners group HOC #1720. My rig is a Wilderness 1950RB. Picked it up on 27 Aug 2012. Stayed in it that night. Ready to go for a long weekend, Leaving friday back monday. Breaking it in before the Missouri rally starting 21 September with Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn.

This is the dealer and our actual rig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMa44WtFDas

JD

trdeal
09-07-2012, 03:41 AM
Chuck and Patty, Ain't this forum great! Thanks Jim B. for helping to create it.

Gracie4Camping
09-07-2012, 05:25 AM
Nice TT, have fun and make many memories! Welcome to the Wilderness family :)

Gracie4Camping
09-07-2012, 05:27 AM
Yes, great resources and support!

mstueck
03-02-2013, 05:42 PM
We Just picked up a 2013 2250BH Elite Package today. Looking forward to lots of adventures with the kids. We had a popup last year. We used it to figure out if camping would be our thing and what we would like or not like on a camper.

Matt
2008 F150 CrewCab Fx2
5.4 Triton
3.73 axle

jimtoo
03-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Hi mstueck,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will have lots of fun and make lots of great memories with your new toy.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

wstevenson94
03-03-2013, 02:15 PM
Just purchased a 2013 Wilderness 2550RK. My wife teaches at a local college and needed good work space when traveling. The counter top bar was the selling point. Pulled it home across some mountains in N.C. with a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee (V8 Hemi with tow package) and it was no problem at all towing. Can't wait for spring break when we can finally get it out of town for a few days. Got to make sure I do not mess anything up when I de-winterize. :)

Eddhuy
03-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Congratulations, Heartland does a very good job on all their products. I have a Prowler Titanium fifth wheel and that puts me into a very narrow group but both my wife and I love it.

rtrampe
03-13-2013, 08:27 PM
My wife and I are taking delivery on a 2013 2550RK this weekend. We are very impressed with the Heartland products. We have owned a Jayco hybrid for the past 5 years and thought that Jayco made a very good product but we think the Heartland is every bit as good. Looking forward to many years of great experiences in our new Heartland!

Gracie4Camping
03-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Heartland makes a great product! We have enjoyed our Wilderness and looking forward to many trips this year. Enjoy your new camper. Post some pics when you get it, would love to see it.

Gracie4Camping
03-13-2013, 08:51 PM
Have fun! We may see you around as we camp often in SC but live in NC mountains.

danemayer
03-13-2013, 08:54 PM
My wife and I are taking delivery on a 2013 2550RK this weekend. We are very impressed with the Heartland products. We have owned a Jayco hybrid for the past 5 years and thought that Jayco made a very good product but we think the Heartland is every bit as good. Looking forward to many years of great experiences in our new Heartland!

Hi rtrampe,

Welcome to the Heartland family and to the Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. When you pick up your unit, do a thorough inspection before taking delivery. Make sure you get a thorough explanation of how everything works and check out all systems. If anything needs adjustment, the dealer will be motivated to take care of it immediately.

You might consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. There's even an introductory membership that's free so you can join at no risk. Then you can try out a rally and meet other owners. By the time you get there, you may have questions that other attendees will be able to answer. The next Florida rally (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/33782-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-FL-Williston-3-22-2013-to-3-24-2013/page10?p=268368#post268368) is in about a week. Here's a link to the club page (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/128-heartland-owners-club-portal).

Happy camping.

rtrampe
03-14-2013, 08:08 PM
Hi danemayer, Thanks for the great information!

Hi rtrampe,

Welcome to the Heartland family and to the Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. When you pick up your unit, do a thorough inspection before taking delivery. Make sure you get a thorough explanation of how everything works and check out all systems. If anything needs adjustment, the dealer will be motivated to take care of it immediately.

You might consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. There's even an introductory membership that's free so you can join at no risk. Then you can try out a rally and meet other owners. By the time you get there, you may have questions that other attendees will be able to answer. The next Florida rally (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/33782-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-FL-Williston-3-22-2013-to-3-24-2013/page10?p=268368#post268368) is in about a week. Here's a link to the club page (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/128-heartland-owners-club-portal).

Happy camping.

cablguy4u
03-28-2013, 12:08 PM
Just started useing our 2013 wilderness 3175RE we bought last sept. we keep it at a seasonal site in Md. we love it! so much room to streatch out. My only issue is with the tv antena, I don't get as many channels as I did with my old crank up antena in our old camper. anyone have simular issues?

danemayer
03-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Just started useing our 2013 wilderness 3175RE we bought last sept. we keep it at a seasonal site in Md. we love it! so much room to streatch out. My only issue is with the tv antena, I don't get as many channels as I did with my old crank up antena in our old camper. anyone have simular issues?

Hi cablguy4u,

Some of us have gone to the Jack antenna to try and improve reception. Also, some of us have found loose connectors or bad coax crimps that compromise the signal strength before it reaches the antenna. I'm not sure about the cable path on the Wilderness, but on some rigs, where the antenna cable comes through the roof, above the antenna crank, there may be a coax connector. A few of us have found it to be loose, affecting the signal.

If you're in NE Maryland, near the Pennsylvania border, I'm wondering how many digital broadcasts you could expect to get with any RV antenna. Havre de Grace maybe, if they have a station. You'd be doing real well to get Baltimore or Philly stations.

cablguy4u
03-29-2013, 09:51 AM
Thx for your input on my issue. being a cable tech. I have checked all the fittings even changed a few. I don't have a crank-up antena on my new camper, it's just some sort of bubble on the roof. My friends on either side of me have crank-up antenas and get 15 to 20 stations, (Balt and Philly) I only get 4 that work semi good and another 2 that go in and out.

boatto5er
03-29-2013, 10:15 AM
I may have missed it in an earlier post, but do you have a signal booster like we do that needs to be turned on when you're watch over the air?

Dtaylor52
05-16-2013, 03:29 PM
We have really enjoyed our 2750RL! Since February we have made 4 trips with it and not a single issue. We are leaving Monday for a week in St. Augustine Fl. and then on to several other destinations.

Gracie4Camping
06-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Hope you had a great trip and MANY more to come! We are enjoying our Wilderness too.

LSink
06-30-2013, 05:51 PM
I purchased a wilderness and love it and will be using it often. Plus my wife and kids like it as compared to my previous TT. My dad is now looking at 5er and was impressed with the TT.

scooter75
07-15-2013, 06:48 AM
Hello everyone. We currently have a 2012 Wilderness 2750RL. Friday we are getting a 2014 Wilderness 2750RL. We love the Wilderness line. I have noticed that several people have a dog named "Gracie" so do we....10year old boston terrier/jack russell. lol

ffrymire
07-23-2013, 09:08 PM
Hello everyone. We currently have a 2012 Wilderness 2750RL. Friday we are getting a 2014 Wilderness 2750RL. We love the Wilderness line. I have noticed that several people have a dog named "Gracie" so do we....10year old boston terrier/jack russell. lol Just bought a 2750 RL and am looking forward to exchanging opinions, views, and ideas. Live in Idaho and spend most of the summer near Lake Cascade and McCall, two hours north of Boise. Heading for Washington coast Monday for two weeks. First big outing with new Wilderness. Am retired, married and also have a dog (snoodle) named Baby. Frank

jimtoo
07-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi Frank,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy the forum and your new Wilderness.

Jim M

ffrymire
07-28-2013, 11:36 PM
Question to Wilderness owners: I have factory installed Dual auto style radio w/o dvd player in Wilderness 2750RL. Considering replacement with a unit with DVD player as seen on other travel trailers. Also, would installing additional ceiling speakers similar to existing speakers for surround sound make sense and would it be a tough do it yourself job? Points of enlightenment are welcome. Frank

SailorDon
07-30-2013, 04:48 PM
I have been searching for other Heartland Wilderness Travel Trailer owners and am not finding any on this forum.

I think that maybe you have to let these model specific topics "mature" for a year or so to get a good collection of responses.

Exactly one week ago, I drove 1,000 miles from Livingston, TX to Eldridge, Iowa to purchase my 2014 Wilderness 2175RB.
I just did the Texas TT&L stuff this morning at the Polk County tax office.
Now I can trash the temporary dealer tag that I used for the last 1,000 miles to bring 'er home.

Now that I've discovered the Wilderness Topic, I will post most of my travel trailer stuff here.
My big post is in the Welcome Topic at:

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/40677-Greetings-from-Texas!

I have another post under the Heartland General Topic about getting my new travel trailer settled in at home and plans for future travels.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/40204-I-m-happy-how-about-you

Pictures of my current rig configuration at a scenic overlook on Hwy 7 in Arkansas.

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii518/SailorDon/TravelTrailer/IMG_2992_sm_zps24d656a5.jpg (http://s1257.photobucket.com/user/SailorDon/media/TravelTrailer/IMG_2992_sm_zps24d656a5.jpg.html)

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii518/SailorDon/TravelTrailer/IMG_2991_sm_zps4b4633f9.jpg (http://s1257.photobucket.com/user/SailorDon/media/TravelTrailer/IMG_2991_sm_zps4b4633f9.jpg.html)

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii518/SailorDon/TravelTrailer/IMG_2977_sm_zpse02890c6.jpg (http://s1257.photobucket.com/user/SailorDon/media/TravelTrailer/IMG_2977_sm_zpse02890c6.jpg.html)

My next configuration will be a double tow that is a 64 feet long consist. (That's railroad talk for a lot of cars hooked together. :) )

priorguy
07-30-2013, 07:01 PM
I have a Fleetwood Wilderness on either side of my permanent site. One TT and the other a 5er. Looks like heartland owns the fleetwood names as they are making Prowlers again too. Maybe we'll be seeing some new Terry Tauruses on the road again soon.

LSink
08-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Going to take the trailer out for the Columbus day weekend, would rather go to the coast North of Ventura. However all the cousins live east of LA and thats means rough roads again. The nice thing is the bunks and space in the living room, however I am doing some upgrades such as putting control panel in the living area when slide is closed cannot access it. Then going to add some hardwood slide doors for the bedroom, plus in the process of making a generator stand on tougue. I am welding in my garage but will be bolt on to toungue since I cant access garage with trailer to weld. I am also upgrading vent covers to be able to close and mayby make a trash chute. My daughter sure has the attitude since getting her driving permit, so she needs to go do something else and smell the BBQ and fire burning.

Well hope everyone has had a safe and fun summer and will post some pictures when the trip is over. By the way a friend works in sales at CW and said heartland was upper tier trailer which was good to hear. My trade in is still for sale and it is pricey they have priced over double what i paid for it.

ffrymire
09-16-2013, 08:21 PM

We have a similar experience. I suspect the spherical antenna is designed to receive signals from all directional sources, but is not as sensitive as crank up rotating directional antennas. Other than changing to a crank up antenna with all the rotating hardware, etc., I have no idea what can be done to enhance the signals. Maybe a stronger booster. Looking forward to a response from someone who knows what can be done. Meanwhile, we too as retirees are enjoying our 2013 Wilderness 2750RL, so far used in Idaho and Washington State.

LSink
01-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Took the trailer out over the 1st of the year and all of the kids had fun, however they are getting older and these trips may become fewer. They sure do love the fire and doing smores. Funny thing happened was i opened it up and went to turn on the center lights individually and no go. Well long story short and going through all the systems and fuses it turns out I did not turn on main switch my dad was laughing.

louieb
02-02-2014, 07:01 AM
We purchased our Wilderness 2650bh back in June. We have made 6 or more trips since. We absolutely love it. Can't wait for spring so we can go out again.

Wonderone
03-12-2014, 12:50 PM
So excited to be picking up our Wilderness 2250bh tomorrow! I grew up camping with my grandparents in their Fleetwood Wilderness, now I have my own and look forward to the memory making with my kiddo's.
I have to say how impressed I am with the amount of style and convenience packed into this light weight trailer. Can't wait for warmer weather!

Silverado23
03-12-2014, 01:45 PM
So excited to be picking up our Wilderness 2250bh tomorrow! I grew up camping with my grandparents in their Fleetwood Wilderness, now I have my own and look forward to the memory making with my kiddo's.
I have to say how impressed I am with the amount of style and convenience packed into this light weight trailer. Can't wait for warmer weather!

Wonderone,

Congratulation on your new wilderness.
You should consider bringing your new wilderness to the Iowa Chapter rally June 20-22. This rally is being held at a kid friendly RV Park next to the Adventureland amusement and water park.
For more rally details:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/43169-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-IA-Altoona-6-20-2014-to-6-22-2014?p=338988#post338988

duane224
03-30-2014, 01:07 AM
Hello everyone, the wife and I just picked up our 2014 Wilderness this past Thursday. We love the trailer but now we can't get into it. The door look, not the dead bolt, will not open. The key won't go all the way in. Any suggestions?

danemayer
03-30-2014, 06:19 AM
Hello everyone, the wife and I just picked up our 2014 Wilderness this past Thursday. We love the trailer but now we can't get into it. The door look, not the dead bolt, will not open. The key won't go all the way in. Any suggestions?
Hi duane224,

Congratulations on the new Wilderness. Have you tried some lock lubricant? Some people use WD40 on locks.

duane224
03-30-2014, 09:39 AM
I used some Fluid Film and it has sat for over a day. The key still won't go all the way in.

recumbent615
03-30-2014, 09:58 AM
Duane224,

Did you perform a PDI inspection with the Dealer before taking delivery of the trailer? And did the Dealer show you that the doors locked/unlocked with the keys provided? And forgive me, if you already know this, but each door has two different keys, one is for the deadbolt and the other fits the door handle. then you should have gotten a third key that fits all of your storage locks - a Ch715 key. have you tried all of the keys in the door handle?

Welcome to the Heartland family -

duane224
04-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Duane224,

Did you perform a PDI inspection with the Dealer before taking delivery of the trailer? And did the Dealer show you that the doors locked/unlocked with the keys provided? And forgive me, if you already know this, but each door has two different keys, one is for the deadbolt and the other fits the door handle. then you should have gotten a third key that fits all of your storage locks - a Ch715 key. have you tried all of the keys in the door handle?

Welcome to the Heartland family -

Update
We tried every key and we had to call a locksmith. After he picked the lock several times, time key went in. We came to the conclusion it must have been a bur caught in the lock mechanism. The locksmith thought we was crazy until he put the key in and saw it wouldn't open. $50 later we got in.