Wilderness owners - where are you???

cablguy4u

Just started useing our 2013 wilderness 3175RE we bought last sept. we keep it at a seasonal site in Md. we love it! so much room to streatch out. My only issue is with the tv antena, I don't get as many channels as I did with my old crank up antena in our old camper. anyone have simular issues?

danemayer

Just started useing our 2013 wilderness 3175RE we bought last sept. we keep it at a seasonal site in Md. we love it! so much room to streatch out. My only issue is with the tv antena, I don't get as many channels as I did with my old crank up antena in our old camper. anyone have simular issues?

Hi cablguy4u,

Some of us have gone to the Jack antenna to try and improve reception. Also, some of us have found loose connectors or bad coax crimps that compromise the signal strength before it reaches the antenna. I'm not sure about the cable path on the Wilderness, but on some rigs, where the antenna cable comes through the roof, above the antenna crank, there may be a coax connector. A few of us have found it to be loose, affecting the signal.

If you're in NE Maryland, near the Pennsylvania border, I'm wondering how many digital broadcasts you could expect to get with any RV antenna. Havre de Grace maybe, if they have a station. You'd be doing real well to get Baltimore or Philly stations.

cablguy4u

Thx for your input on my issue. being a cable tech. I have checked all the fittings even changed a few. I don't have a crank-up antena on my new camper, it's just some sort of bubble on the roof. My friends on either side of me have crank-up antenas and get 15 to 20 stations, (Balt and Philly) I only get 4 that work semi good and another 2 that go in and out.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I may have missed it in an earlier post, but do you have a signal booster like we do that needs to be turned on when you're watch over the air?

Dtaylor52

We have really enjoyed our 2750RL! Since February we have made 4 trips with it and not a single issue. We are leaving Monday for a week in St. Augustine Fl. and then on to several other destinations.

LSink

I purchased a wilderness and love it and will be using it often. Plus my wife and kids like it as compared to my previous TT. My dad is now looking at 5er and was impressed with the TT.

scooter75

Re: Wilderness owners???

Hello everyone. We currently have a 2012 Wilderness 2750RL. Friday we are getting a 2014 Wilderness 2750RL. We love the Wilderness line. I have noticed that several people have a dog named "Gracie" so do we....10year old boston terrier/jack russell. lol

ffrymire

Hello everyone. We currently have a 2012 Wilderness 2750RL. Friday we are getting a 2014 Wilderness 2750RL. We love the Wilderness line. I have noticed that several people have a dog named "Gracie" so do we....10year old boston terrier/jack russell. lol
Just bought a 2750 RL and am looking forward to exchanging opinions, views, and ideas. Live in Idaho and spend most of the summer near Lake Cascade and McCall, two hours north of Boise. Heading for Washington coast Monday for two weeks. First big outing with new Wilderness. Am retired, married and also have a dog (snoodle) named Baby. Frank

jimtoo

Hi Frank,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy the forum and your new Wilderness.

Jim M

ffrymire

Question to Wilderness owners: I have factory installed Dual auto style radio w/o dvd player in Wilderness 2750RL. Considering replacement with a unit with DVD player as seen on other travel trailers. Also, would installing additional ceiling speakers similar to existing speakers for surround sound make sense and would it be a tough do it yourself job? Points of enlightenment are welcome. Frank

SailorDon

I have been searching for other Heartland Wilderness Travel Trailer owners and am not finding any on this forum.

I think that maybe you have to let these model specific topics "mature" for a year or so to get a good collection of responses.

Exactly one week ago, I drove 1,000 miles from Livingston, TX to Eldridge, Iowa to purchase my 2014 Wilderness 2175RB.
I just did the Texas TT&L stuff this morning at the Polk County tax office.
Now I can trash the temporary dealer tag that I used for the last 1,000 miles to bring 'er home.

Now that I've discovered the Wilderness Topic, I will post most of my travel trailer stuff here.
My big post is in the Welcome Topic at:

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/40677-Greetings-from-Texas!

I have another post under the Heartland General Topic about getting my new travel trailer settled in at home and plans for future travels.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/40204-I-m-happy-how-about-you

Pictures of my current rig configuration at a scenic overlook on Hwy 7 in Arkansas.

My next configuration will be a double tow that is a 64 feet long consist. (That's railroad talk for a lot of cars hooked together. :) )

priorguy

I have a Fleetwood Wilderness on either side of my permanent site. One TT and the other a 5er. Looks like heartland owns the fleetwood names as they are making Prowlers again too. Maybe we'll be seeing some new Terry Tauruses on the road again soon.

LSink

Going to take the trailer out for the Columbus day weekend, would rather go to the coast North of Ventura. However all the cousins live east of LA and thats means rough roads again. The nice thing is the bunks and space in the living room, however I am doing some upgrades such as putting control panel in the living area when slide is closed cannot access it. Then going to add some hardwood slide doors for the bedroom, plus in the process of making a generator stand on tougue. I am welding in my garage but will be bolt on to toungue since I cant access garage with trailer to weld. I am also upgrading vent covers to be able to close and mayby make a trash chute. My daughter sure has the attitude since getting her driving permit, so she needs to go do something else and smell the BBQ and fire burning.

Well hope everyone has had a safe and fun summer and will post some pictures when the trip is over. By the way a friend works in sales at CW and said heartland was upper tier trailer which was good to hear. My trade in is still for sale and it is pricey they have priced over double what i paid for it.

ffrymire

We have a similar experience. I suspect the spherical antenna is designed to receive signals from all directional sources, but is not as sensitive as crank up rotating directional antennas. Other than changing to a crank up antenna with all the rotating hardware, etc., I have no idea what can be done to enhance the signals. Maybe a stronger booster. Looking forward to a response from someone who knows what can be done. Meanwhile, we too as retirees are enjoying our 2013 Wilderness 2750RL, so far used in Idaho and Washington State.

LSink

Took the trailer out over the 1st of the year and all of the kids had fun, however they are getting older and these trips may become fewer. They sure do love the fire and doing smores. Funny thing happened was i opened it up and went to turn on the center lights individually and no go. Well long story short and going through all the systems and fuses it turns out I did not turn on main switch my dad was laughing.

louieb

We purchased our Wilderness 2650bh back in June. We have made 6 or more trips since. We absolutely love it. Can't wait for spring so we can go out again.

Wonderone

So excited to be picking up our Wilderness 2250bh tomorrow! I grew up camping with my grandparents in their Fleetwood Wilderness, now I have my own and look forward to the memory making with my kiddo's.
I have to say how impressed I am with the amount of style and convenience packed into this light weight trailer. Can't wait for warmer weather!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

So excited to be picking up our Wilderness 2250bh tomorrow! I grew up camping with my grandparents in their Fleetwood Wilderness, now I have my own and look forward to the memory making with my kiddo's.
I have to say how impressed I am with the amount of style and convenience packed into this light weight trailer. Can't wait for warmer weather!

Wonderone,

Congratulation on your new wilderness.
You should consider bringing your new wilderness to the Iowa Chapter rally June 20-22. This rally is being held at a kid friendly RV Park next to the Adventureland amusement and water park.
For more rally details:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...na-6-20-2014-to-6-22-2014?p=338988#post338988

duane224

Hello everyone, the wife and I just picked up our 2014 Wilderness this past Thursday. We love the trailer but now we can't get into it. The door look, not the dead bolt, will not open. The key won't go all the way in. Any suggestions?