Wilderness owners - where are you???

danemayer

Re: Wilderness owners???

Hello everyone, the wife and I just picked up our 2014 Wilderness this past Thursday. We love the trailer but now we can't get into it. The door look, not the dead bolt, will not open. The key won't go all the way in. Any suggestions?
Hi duane224,

Congratulations on the new Wilderness. Have you tried some lock lubricant? Some people use WD40 on locks.

duane224

I used some Fluid Film and it has sat for over a day. The key still won't go all the way in.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired

Duane224,

Did you perform a PDI inspection with the Dealer before taking delivery of the trailer? And did the Dealer show you that the doors locked/unlocked with the keys provided? And forgive me, if you already know this, but each door has two different keys, one is for the deadbolt and the other fits the door handle. then you should have gotten a third key that fits all of your storage locks - a Ch715 key. have you tried all of the keys in the door handle?

Welcome to the Heartland family -

duane224

Duane224,

Did you perform a PDI inspection with the Dealer before taking delivery of the trailer? And did the Dealer show you that the doors locked/unlocked with the keys provided? And forgive me, if you already know this, but each door has two different keys, one is for the deadbolt and the other fits the door handle. then you should have gotten a third key that fits all of your storage locks - a Ch715 key. have you tried all of the keys in the door handle?

Welcome to the Heartland family -

Update
We tried every key and we had to call a locksmith. After he picked the lock several times, time key went in. We came to the conclusion it must have been a bur caught in the lock mechanism. The locksmith thought we was crazy until he put the key in and saw it wouldn't open. $50 later we got in.