New 2013 245RL XLT owner

DD245RL

I'm excited to get out this fall for a shake down weekend. Would have like to gotten the 265RK model but it was to long to fit in my garage. There is not as much inside storage as my old Eagle 243 but much more outside. I do see I will have to move the light switch out of the cabinet as I have read on this site. My big disapointment right now is there is no bedroom speakers in this unit. I can see 3 sets of speaker wires behind the stereo but no bedroom speakers, just the living and outside ones. I called factory customer service and was told they have been dropped from the XLT line. I am wondering if the factory just forgot to install them. I'm sure there will be a few other changes to make after reading other Heartland owners threads. My friend and neighbor told me about this forum, thank you to all.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello DD245RL and welcome to the Heartland Family and Forum.
This is a great place to get and share information.
It sounds like if the factory discontinued installing speakers in the bedroom that would explain why you have none.
Many of us have made changes to our rigs. If there is something we don't like, we try to make it better.
You might have a couple of options for speakers.
You could look for the wires that go to the outside speakers and maybe tap off them.
Or you might investigate a set of wireless speakers. Probably the easiest.
You just gotta be sure to have a cut off switch for the outside speakers.
Let us know how you make out.

Peace
Dave

DD245RL

Thanks for the reply Dave. I just find it interesting that there is a third set of speaker wires visible under the tv cabinet, and the Sundance XLT brochure says one touch speaker control for outdoor, bedroom or living areas. Guess I will try to track down where the wires go. Thinking your wireless speakers idea will be my best choice. Thanks again. Dave D.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Congratulations on your new Sundance. Can't comment on the speakers but trust you'll get it figured out. Give some thought to joining the heartland owners club and attending some rallies. We'd love to see your rig at one of ours and I'm sure others would too. Enjoy

ihsolutions

Yeah I think they really struggle to keep the product literature (especially the website) current to production changes that occur on a day-to-day basis.

For example the very recently printed brochure for my 2011 Big Horn showed an end table between my recliners, and so did the website photos. A few weeks later when mine rolled off the line I was told that those were no longer available.

I think that, although it can be frustrating as a consumer, we have to give a teeny tiny bit of leeway to these manufactures to make changes during the model year. Especially as it relates to improving design ideas or areas of concern with existing units. Though having said that, I do see a pattern of "de-contenting" units since the Thor acquisition. Just an observation, not a rant.