New 3450 TS

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well we finally made it to Elkhart and picked up our new BC. We are very exited and got all the stuff we brought with us transferred out of our sob and into the new BC. We even got a guided factory tour today for our own Jayc. Enjoyed that as well. We will stay at dealership tonight to check for problems and then move back over to Elkhart campground for another night before heading back to Louisiana. Hopefully we will find any issues tonight and get them taken care of tonight. I have checked the recent items most people have mentioned (thank you Theresa). Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations and glad things are rocking and a roll'n along. Travel safely.

jassson007

Thank you. Had one issue on way up but should have taken care of it before leaving town. Woke up one morning on the road and truck would not start. Got a jump and drove to nearest auto parts store and $290 later had two brand new batteries.

jayc

Legendary Member
That sure is a pretty Big Country. Too bad you've got to work and can't stay to show it off at the Goshen rally.

Theresau

Congratulations and enjoy. Please post pics.

Well we finally made it to Elkhart and picked up our new BC. We are very exited and got all the stuff we brought with us transferred out of our sob and into the new BC. We even got a guided factory tour today for our own Jayc. Enjoyed that as well. We will stay at dealership tonight to check for problems and then move back over to Elkhart campground for another night before heading back to Louisiana. Hopefully we will find any issues tonight and get them taken care of tonight. I have checked the recent items most people have mentioned (thank you Theresa). Lol

jassson007

That sure is a pretty Big Country. Too bad you've got to work and can't stay to show it off at the Goshen rally.

Thank you Jay and thank you for hauling us up to factory and around town. :). Wish we could hang out longer up here but we will be back for the next one up here that is for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jo9463

Well...I love the trailer, but dislike my couch. The colors of the couch and recliners are two different colors and the couch cushions have print that clash with bronze valance decor because I used 2 different color schemes. I chose "bronze" decor with "escape" leather because it was darker than "bronze" leather. I've seen bronze in the rvs and they match with solid colors- no print.
I assumed it would be the same with escape. I was wrong. In all the brochures and online, it doesn't indicate this. I tried getting the couch switched out, but no luck. While I was at the factory, I did find out that some guy is trying to find a solution. Crossing my fingers he finds one. I did suggest that Heartland provide pics on the website of each decor showing the couch and recliners instead of small pics of the color swatch. This could prevent this mistake happening to someone else. Ready to get home and everything settled in its place.

Theresau

Beautiful trailer!!!

Yes - we went with broze sofa and chairs (but I requested no brown piping on sofa - ended up with no piping but like it still much better than if it had the brown piping) with renaissance decor - wanted leather and didn't want fabric on cushions of sofa. We travelled around quite a bit so I could see first hand how the furniture was made up per decor - I agree Heartland needs to show this in their specs. We were lucky because Tampa had most of the decors in their show units.

Ditto on changing out the bedspread - but felt the factory version was a great improvement over the 2013 BC version - was nice that pillow pack is now included.

ALSO - I believe we may have had the same TT - ours was a 2006 Pilgrim - sold this for a 2010 BH in 2009. Pilgrim made quality TT's....

Theresa

Well...I love the trailer, but dislike my couch. The colors of the couch and recliners are two different colors and the couch cushions have print that clash with bronze valance decor because I used 2 different color schemes. I chose "bronze" decor with "escape" leather because it was darker than "bronze" leather. I've seen bronze in the rvs and they match with solid colors- no print.
I assumed it would be the same with escape. I was wrong. In all the brochures and online, it doesn't indicate this. I tried getting the couch switched out, but no luck. While I was at the factory, I did find out that some guy is trying to find a solution. Crossing my fingers he finds one. I did suggest that Heartland provide pics on the website of each decor showing the couch and recliners instead of small pics of the color swatch. This could prevent this mistake happening to someone else. Ready to get home and everything settled in its place.

jassson007

Beautiful trailer!!!

Yes - we went with broze sofa and chairs (but I requested no brown piping on sofa - ended up with no piping but like it still much better than if it had the brown piping) with renaissance decor - wanted leather and didn't want fabric on cushions of sofa. We travelled around quite a bit so I could see first hand how the furniture was made up per decor - I agree Heartland needs to show this in their specs. We were lucky because Tampa had most of the decors in their show units.

Ditto on changing out the bedspread - but felt the factory version was a great improvement over the 2013 BC version - was nice that pillow pack is now included.

ALSO - I believe we may have had the same TT - ours was a 2006 Pilgrim - sold this for a 2010 BH in 2009. Pilgrim made quality TT's....

Theresa

Thank you and thank you for comments as well. We were kinda limited at looking due to driving distance but assumed we were doing correct. C'est la vie!! We have learned now. We did attend Houston RV show as it is biggest one close to us but at that time we were still leaning towards the BH 3585 so did not look at too many BC's. also those that were in Houston did not have rear cap and did not care for that look. That is before we found out the cap was an option. The bed spread and pillows were not bad but DW found this one at SAMs and loved it so we got it months before we got the BC. Lol. Was nice to be able to reuse the pillows in the new shams so we did not have to go buy pillows for them. Now we need to find some sort of sofa table as no place to put laptops or drinks when seated.

jassson007

Beautiful trailer!!!

Theresa
The pilgrim was a 2005 SE 265 RL which is similar to the 266 rl. It was a good one for us as we lived in it the last year. We bought it new in June of 05.

Theresau

Ours was a 266 RL which we ordered new in August 05 (change over to 2006 had just occurred so ours was a 2006). Ours had the fiberglass cap.

jassson007

Well we finally got away from the dealer this afternoon. Here is a pic of us hooked up pulling into the driveway at Elkhart campground...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369877602.985201.jpg

We are parked here between TxBobcat and JayC!! Not sure who should be worried though...lol.

jassson007

I'm glad that y'all are here and give me some relief from watching Bobcat!

Aww come on now he ain't that "bad" is he? Lol. We both appreciate all the help you and bob have provided thus far.

jassson007

Well at the urging of jayc we made a call to Brian W, BC brand manager this morning about our issues and DW (jo9463) spoke to him and things started rolling. He said he would first contact heartland warranty dept on our behalf and make sure that they got in contact with us, then he would contact dealer on our behalf and finally the big one...he made a call to Praxis, furniture vendor, and asked them to do a favor for him, to build a couch back in the escape leather instead of the fabric. The couch back showed up this afternoon and DW was ecstatic when it was installed. In fact the gentleman that did our factory tour brought it out and installed it for us. Prior to this the warranty dept called us and got the facts about our issues and noted them in the file so if local dealer was unable to correct in our timeframe we could get it done elsewhere. Also, the service manager from Great Lakes called and asked if he could come to our site to look at it, he was out yesterday and had no clue to issues we had while he was out. He was going to try and fix them here but asked if we would not mind being at shop by 8 am tomorrow on our way out of town and he would put his best guy on it for us and get us out ASAP! I am hugely impressed by heartland and Brian W for taking care of us like he did. I am happy to be an owner and more excited to have witnessed what some speak about when dealing with heartland. Needless to say we are very happy now.

jbeletti

Thanks for the feedback Andy. Sounds like you are on easy street now.

Now, put in for vacation the week of June 17th and come spend the week at the rally!

Travel safe.