Wiring Turbo Maxx fan in basic ceiling skylight T22 Focus

wb2nco

Hey all! I'm trying to figure out how to find power to connect a Maxx Turbo fan in our T22. Does anyone know if Heartland traditionally pre wires a standard roof vent that does not have a fan/power? Where can I obtain a wiring diagram for the Focus T22? I may have to tap inro a a full time light source in the ceiling but worry of running into a cross member. There is a switchable light abut 14 inches away from the vent BUT it also is switched next to the radio.

However, there are two other ceiling lights in the front portion of the trailer but the distance from the vent exceeds more than 3 feet. I would assume that the power to these two lights are considered as full time power even though they are switched at the light. Any insight or advice? I would hate to tap into a power source that is also controlled by a master switch with the hassel of making sure the switch is always set to the on position to supply power to an aftermarket ceiling vent fan.
John

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think Heartland has pre wired for a fan, although out is possible. Have you pulled the vent down and looked for wires?
Tapping into a non switched light wire might be your best option. I'm thinking your lights are switched at the fixture, so that would be a good source for power.
Try using a piece of stiff wire, like #12 solid, and try to poke through the insulation from the vent opening to a light fixture. If you can do that you should be able to pull wires for your fan.
Take some pics of your project and post them here. This might be a future project for another owner that could benefit from your trials.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2