PDA

View Full Version : Urbanna, VA Rally Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

jbeletti
10-28-2013, 12:19 PM
Please use this thread to discuss the 2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally to be held in Urbanna, VA, June 12-15, 2014. Also, be sure to check out the Rally Portal (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/164) for a growing list rally related articles.

Below is a image of the Rally Portal page. To access to Rally Portal via simple navigation, from the top of any forum screen, click on Portals (A), then click on Rally Portal (B). Scroll up and down the Rally Portal to see the various rally related articles or click on the Rally Quick Links (C) in the area to the right of the page.

porthole
10-28-2013, 06:48 PM
A pre rally rally in the works?

inquiring minds need to now for December 1st picks of 2014 vacation

dalspot
10-29-2013, 11:03 AM
Duane, seems to me I heard the VA chapter would do a rally the weekend prior.

Karen

JWalker
10-29-2013, 11:11 AM
Duane, seems to me I heard the VA chapter would do a rally the weekend prior.

Karen

That would be awesome!!

boatto5er
10-29-2013, 12:03 PM
The VA Rally is being held at Cape Hatteras on the Outer Banks of North Carolina over a month before the N. American Rally.

klindgren
10-30-2013, 07:04 AM
The VA Rally is being held at Cape Hatteras on the Outer Banks of North Carolina over a month before the N. American Rally.

Yes but........According to the rally portal the National Rally is June 12 thru 15 with a "Pre-Rally" from the 8th thru the 11th. As soon as JB will allow it, we plan on signing up for both!!

jbeletti
10-30-2013, 07:08 AM
A pre rally rally in the works?

inquiring minds need to now for December 1st picks of 2014 vacation

Yes - pre-rally held at Bethpage from Sunday through Wednesday, June 8-11. There is nothing yet planned for the pre-rally. Could be just hanging out.

porthole
10-30-2013, 06:10 PM
Could be just hanging out.

Sometimes nothing is the answer............

jbeletti
10-30-2013, 06:26 PM
Sometimes nothing is the answer............

Agreed :) Even if we plan "something", "nothing" for those who just want to chill, is always an option.

boatto5er
10-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Chillin sounds good to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ncc1701e
10-31-2013, 06:52 PM
Jim, We have the dates reserved on our calendar. The golf seemed to go over fairly well last year. So, I think it would be great fun to have a second round of such fun as an activity in 2014. When appropriate, start a thread where those interested can let their desires be known. Tom

jbeletti
10-31-2013, 10:53 PM
Jim, We have the dates reserved on our calendar. The golf seemed to go over fairly well last year. So, I think it would be great fun to have a second round of such fun as an activity in 2014. When appropriate, start a thread where those interested can let their desires be known. Tom

Tom - in January or so, I'll have a better idea of rally/pre-rally activities and what day/time might be best for the golf outing. I'll work with you then on it. Thanks for volunteering to coordinate it.

Hockster
12-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Someone has to be first, it may as well be me.
Being from Michigan and having never been to the East Coast, East of Ohio, which is the best, not fastest or shortest, but best route to get to Urbanna, VA. for the Rally.
Let's just start from Toledo, Ohio.
I'm trying to stay off the Toll Roads if possible, why pay, when there may be another route.
I know this will open a whole new can of worms, but let's wiggle our way along together.
I'm sure there are others with the same question that I have.
I have looked at the maps and there seems to be no real direct route.
I have a couple routes in mind, but thought I would ask the better informed than myself for some advice.
Would also like to know what we can expect terrain wise on some of these routes.
We have lots of time to go over the routes.
So, what's your favorite route to Urbanna, VA.?

jnbhobe
12-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Gary, here is one way that's not too bad, about 1 1/2 hr longer than the Pa turnpike. I-80 to Pa exit 123 (woodland) Rt 322 east to I-99S to Bedford, Pa30E to Breezewood, I-70 to Hancock,Md. US522 to Wjnchester,Va, Rt37 to I-81S to 17S to Fredericksburg,Va follow 17 to Urbanna,Va. Its not very hilly and no tolls I drive it a lot from I79 east. If your want to hear more send me a PM with a phone number.

Kbvols
12-03-2013, 05:44 AM
Gary, we live in Northwest Oh approx 1.5 hours southwest of Toledo. I was looking at 75 south to Dayton then 35 east then I 64. I have never been on I-64 . In doing some research there seems to be at least one long grade of 8% if my memory is right. Perhaps someone who has traveled I -64 would let us know how that road is.

J-W&E
12-23-2013, 10:49 PM
Will there be any bus trips planned, such as to Colonial Williamsburg or Naval sites?

clubmgr
12-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Will there be any bus trips planned, such as to Colonial Williamsburg or Naval sites?

As of now, there are no bus trips planned during the rally or pre-rally.

bighornby
01-09-2014, 07:40 AM

hi tom....i'm with you on the golf plan. a historical tour of something in the area would also be of intrest. my wife and i have booked the pre-rally week off so we intend to enjoy as much of it as we can. we probably have not met yet, but will i'm sure at the rally. waiting for registration to start and maybe we will chat again before the rally.

JMVford
01-15-2014, 01:06 PM
So, what's your favorite route to Urbanna, VA.?

The only advice I can give is stay off Interstate 95 if at all possible. Being from Maryland, I can tell you, DC is the pits.

dalspot
01-15-2014, 02:09 PM
What Jodi said.. the ONLY way we will go down that way (from DE) is 301 to 17. 17 is a great road. Dual lane most of the way, 55 mph speed limit - hardly ANY traffic. You'll hit some traffic and lights on 301, but it beats the inevitable traffic jam on 95.

The only advice I can give is stay off Interstate 95 if at all possible. Being from Maryland, I can tell you, DC is the pits.

boatto5er
01-16-2014, 07:09 AM
Ditto on using 301 if possible. The bridge over the Potomac River is a bit daunting at first - just don't look down. I have to take I95 S to US17 because of my location in Northern VA, but would use 301 otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJnVA
01-26-2014, 04:56 PM
135 days and counting down until the National Rally! Time to get started on making those special baby items for a popular "Heartland Gives Back" initiative. Many of you will remember it as "Babies Wrapped in Love", but it now has a new name of "Heartland Baby Blessings". For those of you not familiar with this project, HOC members put their love and talents into sewing, knitting, crocheting or buying baby items to give to those families in need in the community where we are rallying.

So, let the handcrafting begin on baby items for the "Three Rivers Healthy Families" program in Urbanna, Virginia. There will be an event at the June Rally to present the baby items to some of the mothers and program director.

Guidelines to help you get started:
Baby items needed: blankets, caps, booties, sleep sacks, buntings or cocoons with hats, bibs, burp pads
-baby items can be crocheted, knitted, quilted, sewn, fleece tied, or store bought
-choose a soft, washable fabric or soft acrylic yarn. Colors should be age appropriate, colorful, bright, and cheerful.
-some approximate blanket sizes for guidelines only:
Newborn baby - 36"x36"
Toddler - 36" x 40-45"
-If possible, finished items should be stored in a ziplock bag or other closed container in a pet-free, smoke-free environment. Items should be in individual sealed bags when donated at the Rally in June.
-If you are interested in donating store bought items, I will post later this Spring a list of other items that the parents need for their babies.

I will be coordinating "Heartland Baby Blessings" for this year's rally, so feel free to PM me with any questions. Really looking forward to seeing all of the beautiful baby items our HOC members create to keep babies warm in 2014!

Judi Barnett (HOC member #1689).

f250dieseldad
01-26-2014, 06:05 PM
I will get my mother and her friends started on some blankets. I hope to get at least three by rally time.

VAbow
01-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Keith, I-64 I a good interstate. Not sure where it meets 35. The Afton mountain grade is long but they have a truck lane going up.Been over it with my Duramax with no problem..

Kbvols
01-26-2014, 07:59 PM
Art, thanks for the information I appreciate. 35 meets 64 around Charleston, WV.

Keith, I-64 I a good interstate. Not sure where it meets 35. The Afton mountain grade is long but they have a truck lane going up.Been over it with my Duramax with no problem..

MCTalley
01-26-2014, 08:26 PM
Gary, we live in Northwest Oh approx 1.5 hours southwest of Toledo. I was looking at 75 south to Dayton then 35 east then I 64. I have never been on I-64 . In doing some research there seems to be at least one long grade of 8% if my memory is right. Perhaps someone who has traveled I -64 would let us know how that road is.

We did I-64 from Virginia into KY last summer. I don't seem to remember any issues at all with climbs. We had an '02 F350 pulling our 15.5k unit and don't remember any slow, hard grinds up any major hills. Surface-wise, I remember it being fairly good.

JJnVA
01-27-2014, 07:36 PM
I will get my mother and her friends started on some blankets. I hope to get at least three by rally time.

Wonderful! Let's keep the conversation going on the Forum and get the word out wherever we can! Goal of 225 baby items for this event.

dbylinski
01-30-2014, 06:10 AM
I have posted the Heartland Baby Blessings information on our Northeast Region Facebook Group page. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help besides tying a few blankets!

I think you should begin a new thread with all your information so the girls can easily locate or subscribe to it. The things you post here will quickly get lost amongst other topics. Just a suggestion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wfwilson
02-04-2014, 04:21 PM
I am looking for road information. Before the national rally in June I will be in Fayetteville WV. Google maps takes me across the Midland Trail State road 60 with part of it being Cty road 20. Is this trail ok to take with a large BH and F350 i.e. bends and width of roads? Would I be better to follow I77 down to Cross on I64? We don't mind travelling scenic roads provided they can handle the size of the rig.
Any assistance would be appreciated,
Reards
Wayne

davebennington
02-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Wayne,

If I were you I would drop down to I-77 and follow that to I-64. I would be an easier ride for you. JMHO

dave

boatto5er
02-04-2014, 10:48 PM
Agree with Dave. I77 to I64 would be my choice.

wfwilson
02-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Agree with Dave. I77 to I64 would be my choice.

Thanks Dave and boatto5er I appreciate the info. I will do that and drop to I-77 and I-64
Regard and safe travels!
Wayne

Chainsaw
02-09-2014, 09:44 AM
Has registration started? My email has been scetchy

cookie
02-09-2014, 10:06 AM
Has registration started? My email has been scetchy
Not yet. The registration has not yet been tested, but I suspect it will open up in a few weeks.
Even if your email is questionable, it will be posted here on the forum.

Peace
Dave

szewczyk_john
02-15-2014, 05:40 AM
Making plans on attending this rally and I know that registration is not yet opened but is there a ball park idea on the campground rates per night for both the rally and pre-rally? Any idea so that we can start planning how many days we can afford? I also wonder if we can get a better rate for a few days following the rally for anyone that wants to stay in the area longer. Any info would be helpful in the planning. Beth page's site has a daily rate of $75 for a site or $85 for a super site (which is not defined) hopefully we can get that negotiated down.

jbeletti
02-15-2014, 08:29 AM
Making plans on attending this rally and I know that registration is not yet opened but is there a ball park idea on the campground rates per night for both the rally and pre-rally? Any idea so that we can start planning how many days we can afford? I also wonder if we can get a better rate for a few days following the rally for anyone that wants to stay in the area longer. Any info would be helpful in the planning. Beth page's site has a daily rate of $75 for a site or $85 for a super site (which is not defined) hopefully we can get that negotiated down.

John - rally rate for camping nights is $40 and will be built into the rally fee (3 nights). Pre-rally will be Sunday through Wednesday nights (4) and will be at rally rate of $40 plus tax. One night of post-rally (Sunday) will also be available at rally rate of $40 plus tax.

For all: The Rally Portal is being programmed right now. Keep checking it for more details. A draft agenda has been added too. It's REAL drafty and even includes stuff from the last Goshen rally. Working on it but wanted to start getting some info up. LINK to RALLY PORTAL (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/164).

szewczyk_john
02-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the info. I was thinking that we would be offered a discount but to get a 46% discount off of their nightly rate was not expected. I do tip my hat to you, and thank you, that will be more than enough to allow my family extra days at the resort. Awesome job.

JWalker
02-15-2014, 10:40 AM
John, what route are you planning to take. We plan on leaving after work on Friday and staying a night somewhere around Winchester Va. Not sure yet. Planning on spending the week there exploring the area.

Jamie

szewczyk_john
02-15-2014, 10:55 AM
I go to VA at least four times a year for NASCAR at both Richmond and Martinsville. They are my favorite two tracks. I'm in Pittsburgh so I run the PA turnpike to Breezewood, to 70, to 81 over 64, to 95 to get to Richmond. I have not looked at a route yet, but I know 66 also runs towards the DC beltway to hook up with 95. I also know that from 66 there is a route 17 that cuts south avoiding the beltway but I have not been on that route with my current unit. I last ran that way about 5 years ago with a travel trailer. With the fifth wheel i prefer to stick to major interstates if I can and do not mind paying some tolls.

jnbhobe
02-15-2014, 02:10 PM
I take I-70 to US-522 to Winchester,Va. then I-81 to Rt-17 to Urbanna, Va. Its good with or without the trailer.

boatto5er
02-15-2014, 09:02 PM
US 17 is an excellent road off I 95 from Fredericksburg to Urbanna. We run it a couple of times a year with a 40ft Landmark. It's 4 very lightly trafficked lanes most of the way (2 lanes from F'burg to Port Royal).

szewczyk_john
02-16-2014, 05:27 AM
522 is hit or miss with traffic plus there are so many stops and starts when going that way. I know that it is less miles but the time usually is the same and I had to sit for hours once because of an accident which caused huge delays in both directions. I try to avoid two lane roads when I can especially when towing.

JWalker
02-16-2014, 07:03 AM
Most of the congestion is around Berkley Springs Wv. on 522. That town has really expanded. When Ginger and I first started going to Martinsville, we would stop at Berkley Springs for breakfast and the Roanoke for lunch. Did that same trip for 10 years. I think I remember seeing a campground off the bypass around Winchester to 81. I think that is rt 37. We might look into a stay around there if we have to work till 5. That is around 3 hrs.

jbeletti
02-19-2014, 08:48 AM
This year, we're using a series of articles on the Rally Portal to consolidate relevant rally information in a single location.

Here's a link to post 1 (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/42483-Urbanna-VA-Rally-Discussion-Thread?p=333563&viewfull=1#post333563) of this rally thread. In post 1, I've added an image of the Rally Portal and I've explained a bit about how to navigate it.

And for those who need no explanation, here's a link directly to the Rally Portal. (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/164)

And for the real adventurous, just click on Portals, then Rally Portal from the upper-left corner of any forum screen :)

The rally is really starting to shape up. Work continues on the registration site and testing begins in a few days.

We are adding more and more information to the portal. If you have questions that you cannot find an answer to on the Rally Portal, please ask it here in this thread. Julie and I will find your question and we'll add it and the answer to the most relevant section of the forum, then circle back here to let you know. Or, if it makes more sense to answer the question in this thread instead, we'll do that.

Fire away!

jbeletti
02-20-2014, 10:05 PM
TESTING! We have the rally registration in testing mode and have forum moderators testing it now. Testing, testing - is this thing on? :)

Lou_and_Bette
02-21-2014, 10:54 AM
10-4 Good Buddy, got ya wall to wall and tree top tall, come on, come on

jbeletti
02-22-2014, 12:57 AM
Small Scale (3 people) LIVE registrations began tonight.

If all goes well tonight, Core Team members and Moderators will do their LIVE registrations this weekend to further test and stress the system.

If all goes well this weekend, I anticipate full-scale CLUB MEMBER registration opening by mid-week (27-Feb).

jbeletti
02-23-2014, 06:53 PM
Attention all club members,

We anticipate opening rally registration to all club members this week. Most likely Tuesday - Wednesday latest.

navyAZ1
02-24-2014, 08:23 AM
Yea!!!!! Ann and I are so excited, we had to miss last years rally due to Miss Ann's health issues and we hated it. But, 2014 is looking great and we can't wait to attend a rally with our new BC Woooooooo Hoooooooo! Our first rally will be the GA rally next month, then the AL rally in April.

Hick1
02-25-2014, 09:05 AM
It will great to see you two again. Missed you two
Pat & Ed

TandC
02-25-2014, 01:34 PM
Will the weighing service by RVSEF be available before or during the pre-rally???
The link to the weighing sign up form was not working (for me anyway) this morning (2-25-14 Tuesday).

clubmgr
02-25-2014, 01:42 PM
Will the weighing service by RVSEF be available before or during the pre-rally???
The link to the weighing sign up form was not working (for me anyway) this morning (2-25-14 Tuesday).

Weighing can be done as you arrive at Bethpage before you go to your site. It can also be done on your way out - the day you leave. Most people like to get it done on the way in, so it's done and out of the way. Plus, you may be more likely to actually get it done, rather than waiting until departure day when things may be a bit more hectic for you and perhaps the weighing team as it's a busy day for all.

Checked the link and it worked for me. Are you going to it from the Rally Portal?

clubmgr
02-25-2014, 02:07 PM
UPDATE:

Registration to begin Wednesday morning: that's tomorrow, 2/26.
Email invitations will be sent out to current Heartland Owners Club members.
Do not call Bethpage in advance to register for extra nights or to reserve a golf cart as they will be better staffed tomorrow.
You do not have to call Bethpage immediately to make reservations for additional nights. Just make your reservation for extra nights within the next week or so. If everyone calls at once, you will not be able to receive the attention you deserve. If necessary, please leave your name and phone number so someone from Bethpage can return your call.
Making reservations for nights prior to the rally and/or after the rally is just like making reservations at any campground. Just be sure to tell them you are with the Heartland Rally and are making reservations for nights before and/or after the rally. They will ask for your credit card number and will ask if you want to make a 1 day deposit or pay in full.
You DO NOT have to call Bethpage to make camping reservations if the ONLY nights you are staying are during the rally: June 12, 13 and 14. Your rally registration includes your camping reservation for those nights.

Miller0758
02-26-2014, 07:28 AM
Sad to say, because of the dates, it makes it near impossible for those of us with children in school the ability to attend :(

jbeletti
02-26-2014, 08:00 AM
John and Lisa - sorry that we won't see you this year. We plan this rally for early summer and it's almost always this same weekend. Many, but not all schools are out. It's hard to find a time when everyone could attend. Pushing it out another week just wouldn't catch everyone either. Then another week and you're into 4th of July. Push it further and we're getting into HOT, HOT temps in many areas we might hold the rally.

Again - sorry that we won't see you guys.

jbeletti
02-26-2014, 08:04 AM
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!

This email is in the process of being sent out to all Heartland Owners Club members:

2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally

https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/Y3vTJaQIql_iXi6-LLwzygMiVbw-ft9fNYczslRpwX0J0MjwUJBxhnsqmuBgtygr60XUohsFzS_Eb1 V_S3MQcEiZlcDdaldXNNj_y3HgpKrwtqtItEz9LVk=s0-d-e1-ft#https://www.regonline.com/custImages/252361/hoc_logo_color_x250.gif

2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally

Rally Invitation

Hi Jim,

Today is an exciting day for those club members who've planned on attending the Urbanna rally. Below is your invitation to register immediately.

QUICK INFO

Venue:
Bethpage Camp-Resort

Venue Website:
www.bethpagecamp.com (http://www.bethpagecamp.com/)

Map to Venue:
Click here (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bethpage+Camp+Resort/@37.648728,-76.587453,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89b0a46641f4afdf:0xf3dd008d90dc0 abd?hl=en) to map yourself to Bethpage

Pre-Rally Dates:
June 8-11, 2014

Rally Dates:
June 12-15, 2014

Pre-Rally Date:
June 15, 2014

PRE / POST RALLY REGISTRATION
Contact Bethpage directly at (804) 758-4349 (tel:%28804%29%20758-4349) to make reservations for extra nights. You do not have to call Bethpage immediately, just call within the next week or so. If necessary, leave your name and phone number so someone from Bethpage can return your call. Tell them you are with the Heartland Rally and are making reservations for nights before and/or after the rally. They will ask for your credit card number and will ask if you want to make a 1 day deposit or pay in full.

RALLY REGISTRATION
Click here (http://www.regonline.com/2014urbanna) to register for the rally. You DO NOT have to call Bethpage to make camping reservations if the ONLY nights you are staying are during the rally: June 12, 13 and 14. Your rally registration includes your camping reservation for those nights.

LEARN
Click here (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/164) to learn more about this rally.

DISCUSS
Click here (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/42483) to discuss this rally.

Thank you,

Jim Beletti and Julie Hancock

https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/q7vydCaTw58qFwVOCKOAEpyHh1HCfaZ_6YlvkvaUGkfkLV-Unbgb4_XeV-Uo38HuvkP-F1CBnN5sTMEsaEDlOO65_vslgvlKV9gipVih4C-C5nwV36yLZyF_=s0-d-e1-ft#https://classic.activestatic.net/images/logos/promoteLogo-Active.png (https://classic.regonline.com/)
This email communication was sent by:
Heartland Owners Club
1001 All Pro Drive
Elkhart, IN 46514

boatto5er
02-26-2014, 08:12 AM
And apparently the registration site is already overloaded. I can't get past the first page :(:confused: (matter of fact - can't even get back to the first page...)

Vtxkid
02-26-2014, 08:18 AM
And apparently the registration site is already overloaded. I can't get past the first page :(:confused: (matter of fact - can't even get back to the first page...)

Lol!! All 125 of us are trying to get on there...

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

jbeletti
02-26-2014, 08:34 AM
Six people have registered in the last 30 minutes. It's ALIVE!

boatto5er
02-26-2014, 08:43 AM

Finally got through! :o

jbeletti
02-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Link to Attendee Directory has been added to the Documents article (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/175) of the Rally Portal.

Hockster
02-26-2014, 08:54 AM
We are registered for Virginia. Now we just have to kill time until June.

jassson007
02-26-2014, 08:56 AM

I got registered with no problems. See y'all on 6/11.

boatto5er
02-26-2014, 08:58 AM
I got registered with no problems. See y'all on 6/11.

Finally, the Doxies get to meet! :)

jassson007
02-26-2014, 09:01 AM
Finally, the Doxies get to meet! :)

Rowdy, the Black and Tan in profile pic, loves to meet new doxie's, other dogs and people; Kaydee not so much. Lol. She tolerates new people until she has been around them and thinks she has to boss other dogs around if they show least but if attention to her. Lol. Can wait to y meet your pack.

Rottiesmom
02-26-2014, 09:13 AM
Jim,

The Marig's are registrar and had no problems with the site. Hanna and Samson are looking forward to meeting new friends too. We will be arriving on Wednesday for some pre-rally fun and departing on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everyone again

porthole
02-26-2014, 10:04 AM
So - what are the stipulations on the "mobility challenged" sites?

Miller0758
02-26-2014, 10:07 AM
John and Lisa - sorry that we won't see you this year. We plan this rally for early summer and it's almost always this same weekend. Many, but not all schools are out. It's hard to find a time when everyone could attend. Pushing it out another week just wouldn't catch everyone either. Then another week and you're into 4th of July. Push it further and we're getting into HOT, HOT temps in many areas we might hold the rally.

Again - sorry that we won't see you guys.

No worries Jim, I understand

boatto5er
02-26-2014, 10:16 AM
So - what are the stipulations on the "mobility challenged" sites?

Duane, I suspect Bethpage would want a copy of your Handicapped Hang Tag faxed to them. That's how they do Golf Cart Reservations for Mobility Challenged individuals. That all being speculated, you probably do not want one of these sites if they are in the first two rows. If there is a heavy rain, those two rows tend to "flood". I have seen up to 3-4 inches of water sitting on some of those sites after a heavy rain.

porthole
02-26-2014, 10:18 AM
"which" two rows Gus. There looks to be two sections.

JWalker
02-26-2014, 10:27 AM
No worries Jim, I understand

Bummer. Wish you could make it. Madison's last day of school was scheduled for June 2nd but she has missed so many days due to snow, she is now going to the 11th. The last 3-4 days of school seem to be activitie days and year end clean up, so we decided to go. They are talking about adding an additional hour to each day to help make up some time. Madi doesn't like that idea.

Bighorn55
02-26-2014, 10:31 AM
We are registered, it was quick and easy. Excited to have something to look forward to, to get us through this crazy winter.

boatto5er
02-26-2014, 10:37 AM

After coming thru the gate and passing between the "lake" and the pools, if you turn left, you will come to a long bunch of rows of campsites on your right. The first two are the ones that have a tendency to flood.

porthole
02-26-2014, 10:50 AM
After coming thru the gate and passing between the "lake" and the pools, if you turn left, you will come to a long bunch of rows of campsites on your right. The first two are the ones that have a tendency to flood.

May be a moot point. That is a "busy" area that will defiantly keep two Golden Retrievers occupied :rolleyes:

See all y'all on Sunday the 8th.

Now to work on actually getting the days off............................................... ......

dalspot
02-26-2014, 11:36 AM
We are registered. Arriving either Tuesday or Wednesday. Will be spending a few nights in Williamsburg prior to heading up to Urbanna.

Miller0758
02-26-2014, 12:09 PM
Bummer. Wish you could make it. Madison's last day of school was scheduled for June 2nd but she has missed so many days due to snow, she is now going to the 11th. The last 3-4 days of school seem to be activitie days and year end clean up, so we decided to go. They are talking about adding an additional hour to each day to help make up some time. Madi doesn't like that idea.

JR was scheduled to get out the 11th but that is now the 13th. Nicole doesn't get out until the 18th. It's testing week so we can't pull them for a couple days. Looking forward to seeing everyone in MA in July.

brauch
02-26-2014, 12:26 PM
We are registered to arrive 6/11 thru 6/15. Looking forward to our 2nd national rally and touring all the new rigs our friends have purchased this past year !!!

jimpav
02-26-2014, 01:35 PM
Kind of hard to imagine a rally that will be in warm weather in a few months. My Eagle Ridge is buried in about 5 feet of snow with a Miata stored under the kingpin!. Nevertheless, Claudia and I are registered, due in June 8th. Just wondering if anyone is interested in a caravan of sorts leaving from Michigan??? We are flexible on the dates. Leaving from Holland, Michigan. (If the snow melts by then)

jbeletti
02-26-2014, 02:01 PM
Up to 85 signed up in total so far.

boatto5er
02-26-2014, 03:23 PM
WOW! Only 34 sites remaining as of 3:20pm according to the Registration Page. My fellow Virginians better get on the ball or they may be left out in the cold... :(

dix36
02-26-2014, 04:05 PM
Well, the FL/WV/VA Hills got 'er did. We've registered to be at Beth Page from 8-15 JUN. We're always afraid we'll miss something if we don't come early and stay late! :cool::cool:

hbcottage
02-26-2014, 04:55 PM
All singed up and ready to go - but still have lots and lots of snow on the ground in SW PA. Our new Bighorn is nice and warm in covered storage, so we are the only ones so anxious to RV again. Doing the rig and truck weigh in too. Arriving on the 7th and departing on Monday 16th after the Rally. Ready to help where we can - have 2 Zappees and will travel (all over the camp grounds) as desired.

Hank and Phyllis

camperjohn08
02-26-2014, 06:14 PM
Hello Everyone... Nancy & I signed up this morning.. we are signed up for the Pre-Rally and the Rally itself.. our dates are 8th thru 16th...And Yes this will be our First National Rally we have attended... Oh Let the Fun Begin..
Also If any set-up help is required Nancy & I will be more than Happy to Help OUT.. See You All There.... :)

f250dieseldad
02-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Hey John a bunch of us are going to the Ontario Rally after the national rally. You need to give that Ford a workout and join us!!!

camperjohn08
02-26-2014, 08:40 PM
Hey John a bunch of us are going to the Ontario Rally after the national rally. You need to give that Ford a workout and join us!!! Just wondering where is the Ontario Rally being held??

jnbhobe
02-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Just wondering where is the Ontario Rally being held??

Hook it up and come to Niagara Falls John.

cookie
02-26-2014, 08:49 PM
Just wondering where is the Ontario Rally being held??
Niagara Falls.
Rally thread. (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/42007-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-ON-Niagara-Falls-6-20-2014-to-6-22-2014?p=329664#post329664)

Peace
Dave

jbeletti
02-26-2014, 09:05 PM
Hey John a bunch of us are going to the Ontario Rally after the national rally. You need to give that Ford a workout and join us!!!

We're going! Should be fun.

clickers
02-26-2014, 09:24 PM
Anyone but us having trouble getting registered?

shaving trouble registering???

clickers
02-26-2014, 09:35 PM
Hi Hank
We really like our 2014 bought at the Hershey rally. Think you will too. We are having trouble getting registration completed-ANY SUGGESTIONS?
JOHN AND BEV CLICKNER

Silverado23
02-26-2014, 10:32 PM
Niagara Falls.
Rally thread. (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/42007-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-ON-Niagara-Falls-6-20-2014-to-6-22-2014?p=329664#post329664)

Peace
Dave

If you heading west instead of Canada after the National Rally,
You should consider attending the Iowa chapter Rally, June 20-22, in Altoona, IA, just off I-80.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/43169-EVENT-Heartland-Chapter-Rally-IA-Altoona-6-20-2014-to-6-22-2014?p=338988#post338988

jbeletti
02-26-2014, 10:54 PM
Anyone but us having trouble getting registered?

shaving trouble registering???

Be sure you are using this site: www.regonline.com/2014urbanna (http://www.regonline.com/2014urbanna)

If you can get started but it gets hung up somewhere, try doing this: CTRL-SHIFT-R to reload your browser while ignoring cached data.

If you still are not able to get registered, email Julie at club@heartlandowners.org with your phone number and ask for her help.

olcoon
02-26-2014, 11:43 PM
Well, we got registered this evening. Took forever with the lousy internet connection we get here on the gate! But the main thing is we got-r-done! I felt special this year also, I actually received the email notification! Last 2 years I didn't receive one, no matter what I did!

asherwin
02-27-2014, 05:48 AM
So i am clear .... On the registration form i indicated arrival on the 11th. Does the registration fee cover arrival on the 11th or 12th? If the 12th then i will call Bethpage and pay the additional night.

Thx

jbeletti
02-27-2014, 10:19 AM
So i am clear .... On the registration form i indicated arrival on the 11th. Does the registration fee cover arrival on the 11th or 12th? If the 12th then i will call Bethpage and pay the additional night.

Thx

Hi Alan and Kim,

The rally rate covers your camping for the nights of the 12, 13 and 14 of June. Your indication of arrival date was merely informational for us rally organizers. You will need to contact Bethpage directly to reserve pre and post rally nights. Call them at (804) 758-4349. See you in Urbanna!

See the Pre/Post Rally article (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/177-Pre-Rally) on the Rally Portal for more details.

murry135
02-27-2014, 10:22 AM
Hey JB,

Any update on vendors at National? Specifically MorRyde. Looking for suspension upgrade info and deal.

Murry

jbeletti
02-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Hey JB,

Any update on vendors at National? Specifically MorRyde. Looking for suspension upgrade info and deal.

Murry

There WILL be vendors (though fewer than when we do it in Goshen). Mor/ryde and Lippert WILL be there. There WILL be specials. How special - I can't say as I have yet to get to that point. But it's HOT on my list of next steps :)

Continue to watch the Hearltand Marketplace article (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/178-Heartland-Marketplace) on the Rally Portal and I will circle back to this Rally Discussion thread to advise when significant changes have been made to the article.

jassson007
02-27-2014, 10:46 AM
Hi Alan and Kim,

The rally rate covers your camping for the nights of the 12, 13 and 14 of June. Your indication of arrival date was merely informational for us rally organizers. You will need to contact Bethpage directly to reserve pre and post rally nights. Call them at (804) 758-4349. See you in Urbanna!

Just made my reservation for 6/11 with a very nice person. So far so good. :). We can't wait. Is it June yet?

Ldhaines41
02-27-2014, 10:48 AM
It will be my first looking forward to having fun

Vtxkid
02-27-2014, 10:08 PM
Looks like there is only 5 sites left according to regonline. They went pretty quick!

olcoon
02-27-2014, 11:57 PM
Called Bethpage today to make our reservations for the pre/post rally days. Got a recording to leave name & phone # & they'll call back. Apparently they are closed for the winter.

jassson007
02-28-2014, 12:24 AM
Called Bethpage today to make our reservations for the pre/post rally days. Got a recording to leave name & phone # & they'll call back. Apparently they are closed for the winter.

Really? I called at about 10 am local time there and spoke to someone and got all set up. I did forget to ask about a golf cart but figured I would wait to decide if we want one later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jbeletti
02-28-2014, 12:37 AM

They are preparing to open for the season. Perhaps they have limited hours right now.

lindaw
02-28-2014, 06:36 AM
They are preparing to open for the season. Perhaps they have limited hours right now.
I called yesterday, got a very nice lady, and was able to make pre and post reservations but she did advise not to look for charge to CC right away because they are getting organized.
LindaW

jbeletti
02-28-2014, 08:28 AM
Up to 85 signed up in total so far.

See link to Attendee Report in the Documents article (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/175) on the Rally Portal to see if your friends are signed up :)

happykraut
02-28-2014, 08:35 AM
Just registered with a extremely friendly lady. In 6/8 out 6/16.

jbeletti
02-28-2014, 08:41 AM

I've added a Site Information (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/183) article on the Rally Portal the better identifies what the Mobility Challenged sites are.

boatto5er
02-28-2014, 08:50 AM
Beth Page calls those their "Supersites". As Jim stated. although they are pull thrus and concrete, they are smaller than the "regular" grass sites at Beth Page. I've been in both and prefer the big grass sites. You have more room for "Easy-ups", etc on the big grass sites that is difficult on the concrete ones. Just my humble opinion.

clubmgr
02-28-2014, 03:31 PM

They have limited staff at the moment because this is their "slow" season. The front desk personnel is responsible for answering phones and taking reservations. If you call and the phone is in use, their phone system will automatically route you to an answering machine. This is standard practice for them all season long.

jbeletti
02-28-2014, 03:55 PM

Be advised that no-one opted for these sites. So no two sections anymore. As such, we've given most of the sites back to Bethpage and are now holding 4 sites in case anyone changes their mind.

jbeletti
02-28-2014, 04:00 PM
The rally has sold-out. Took about 54 hours.

For this wanting to join us but just didn't get a chance to register, please follow the instructions in the Waitlist article (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/184-Waitlist-Information). Simple process to get on the list and in the past, everyone who's ever been on the list and wanted to go, ended up getting in.

porthole
03-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Be advised that no-one opted for these sites. So no two sections anymore. As such, we've given most of the sites back to Bethpage and are now holding 4 sites in case anyone changes their mind.

No one?

And when I asked about other sites when I called I got contradicting info.

jbeletti
03-01-2014, 08:20 PM
No one?

And when I asked about other sites when I called I got contradicting info.

Duane - correct, no one check the Mobility Challenged box at registration.

Are you interested in obtaining one of the sites we've set aside? Please contact Julie (club@heartlandowners.org) if you've like to be placed in one of them. In turn, she will feed that information to Bethpage.

jbeletti
03-02-2014, 12:00 AM
Okay - on edit, I was wrong. We do have one person on the waitlist. So they will get an email sent automatically.

--------------------
Sadly - we took our first rally cancellation today. There is no one on the waitlist yet, so the site is sitting there waiting to be snatched up.

If you know of someone who wanted to go to the rally, missed out on signing up and is not a fan of waitlists and still wants to join us - now is the time!

Send them to: www.regonline.com/2014urbanna (http://www.regonline.com/2014urbanna)

jbeletti
03-03-2014, 09:27 PM
RIG-COUNT
We remain SOLD-OUT at 125 rigs

CANCELLATIONS
We received our first cancellation.

WAITLIST UPDATE
We had our first person on the waitlist get registered for the rally yesterday.
We have two new people on the waitlist.

SITE ASSIGNMENTS
Bethpage, will NOT be doing site assignments in advance, nor will they be siting people together as they arrive. Rather, they will rely on us to give them a list of site assignments, right before the pre-rally. We have decided to allow attendees to choose their own sites. Soon, we'll put out instructions on how to choose your own site and how to edit your registration in order to assign yourself from available inventory. This will impact group siting requests. As attendees will be making their own site selections, we will not be able to accommodate group siting requests.

dix36
03-04-2014, 07:30 PM
How will this type of site registration affect those of us who are arriving early? Will our rally choice set us up on a site so that we will not have to move?

jayc
03-04-2014, 07:47 PM
We called this afternoon to make our pre-rally registration but got the answering machine. No call back yet, maybe tomorrow?

porthole
03-04-2014, 08:44 PM
RIG-COUNT

SITE ASSIGNMENTS
Bethpage, will NOT be doing site assignments in advance, nor will they be siting people together as they arrive. Rather, they will rely on us to give them a list of site assignments, right before the pre-rally. We have decided to allow attendees to choose their own sites. Soon, we'll put out instructions on how to choose your own site and how to edit your registration in order to assign yourself from available inventory. This will impact group siting requests. As attendees will be making their own site selections, we will not be able to accommodate group siting requests.

I hope "all" the people involved with that - know.

jassson007
03-04-2014, 09:27 PM
We called this afternoon to make our pre-rally registration but got the answering machine. No call back yet, maybe tomorrow?

Hope you don't mind but Jo wanted us to be across the street from ya so we are in holly 3.

jbeletti
03-04-2014, 09:28 PM
How will this type of site registration affect those of us who are arriving early? Will our rally choice set us up on a site so that we will not have to move?

Yes - that is the goal. Check your inbox now. Email went out. Time to pick a site.

jbeletti
03-04-2014, 09:29 PM
I hope "all" the people involved with that - know.

Me too. By all, who do you mean? I want to make sure we have all the bases covered.

jbeletti
03-04-2014, 09:30 PM
For all registered attendees, the email just went out (around 8:30 pm CST, Tuesday, March 4), advising attendees of the Self Site Selection plan and a Step-by-Step guide on how to do it. I also added this to the rally portal (LINK (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/183-Site-Information)).

Nabo
03-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Got the email and picked the site. Thanks Jim

Retyred
03-05-2014, 07:46 AM
For all registered attendees, the email just went out (around 8:30 pm CST, Tuesday, March 4), advising attendees of the Self Site Selection plan and a Step-by-Step guide on how to do it. I also added this to the rally portal (LINK (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/183-Site-Information)).

I have not received this email.

Martin

jbeletti
03-05-2014, 08:32 AM
I have not received this email.

Martin

Martin - here's a link to the email (//heartlandowners.org/rally/2014/2014_Site_Assignment_and_Instruction.pdf). Follow the steps listed.

recumbent615
03-05-2014, 08:32 AM
I have too made my site selection - on Holly 12. And for anyone who is interested ( or has a sat dish ) the first few roads starting at Sycamore seem to have more trees than the sites on the other end based on what Google Maps shows at least.

jbeletti
03-05-2014, 08:37 AM
I have too made my site selection - on Holly 12. And for anyone who is interested ( or has a sat dish ) the first few roads starting at Sycamore seem to have more trees than the sites on the other end based on what Google Maps shows at least.

Satellite access is going to be really dicey. Bethpage does have cable though.

szewczyk_john
03-05-2014, 09:39 AM
The satellite access made me ask a question. I usually boondocks so I have the satellite setup. But for those that go to these type resorts most of the time. Do you go through the process of hooking up the satellite or just plug into the cable box? I went with Juniper 3 corner lot, maybe a little extra room for the dogs.

cookie
03-05-2014, 09:50 AM
But for those that go to these type resorts most of the time. Do you go through the process of hooking up the satellite or just plug into the cable box?
Unless we are just overnighting I always set up the dish. But first use a couple of smart phone apps to determine if I will be able to see the satellites.
It only takes a little work and little time to set up, so why not.
But as a disclaimer, it has taken me several days to get the dish set up. Some times there are interruptions, which have priorities. Like talkers, beer, dinner invites, all taking precedence over the set up. :)

Peace
Dave

Vtxkid
03-05-2014, 10:25 AM
We have DVR's that are use to recording certain programs at different times so I try to set it up if we're at any location over a day or two...

Nabo
03-05-2014, 10:56 AM
Recumbent - that shot from google earth looks like the 2007 picture. The latest shot was make in June 2011 and those trees on the west end have grown. We have a roof mount dish but are planning on bringing the tri-pod dish as well. We are not fans of cable tv because most campgrounds haven't upgraded their cable setup to accommodate HD tvs, therefore the picture is fuzzy/snowy. Being that close to Richmond/Norfork area, hopefully the air channels will come in pretty good.

Lou_and_Bette
03-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Picked out site, Holly 16, I know we will have good neighbors. Jim the process was very easy with no problems. Thanks for all you do to prepare for this rally. Bette

boatto5er
03-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Recumbent - that shot from google earth looks like the 2007 picture. The latest shot was make in June 2011 and those trees on the west end have grown. We have a roof mount dish but are planning on bringing the tri-pod dish as well. We are not fans of cable tv because most campgrounds haven't upgraded their cable setup to accommodate HD tvs, therefore the picture is fuzzy/snowy. Being that close to Richmond/Norfork area, hopefully the air channels will come in pretty good.

Those are Pine trees and they have grown considerably. Satellite shots will be hit and miss depending on the site you are on. Some folks will be able to get it, some won't, and some will have to move their dish several times to get it. I'll probably try to get my Tailgater to work, but I'm not going to spend a lot of time on it. The cable there has always been pretty good in the past (not HD though).

jbeletti
03-05-2014, 12:41 PM
...Jim the process was very easy with no problems. Thanks for all you do to prepare for this rally. Bette

Bette - thank you so much for the comments. Julie and I both work very hard to produce an event that is memorable and as easy as we can make it to register for. Looking forward to seeing you and Lou (and Milo too) again.

jbeletti
03-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Those are Pine trees and they have grown considerably. Satellite shots will be hit and miss depending on the site you are on. Some folks will be able to get it, some won't, and some will have to move their dish several times to get it. I'll probably try to get my Tailgater to work, but I'm not going to spend a lot of time on it. The cable there has always been pretty good in the past (not HD though).

You're right on the "hit and miss" Gus. Pretty dense canopy. I'd say the end sites bordering Cypress or Virginia will have the best luck at a satellite shot - especially with a portable dish and some length of cable.

So everyone knows, we plan to keep the Site Selection window open for quite a while. So feel free to move yourself to another site if you wish, using the same process used to select your initial site. Never know, maybe later, someone will move out of the site you want and that site then becomes available :)

I cannot begin to tell everyone how much of a load (and teeth gnashing :)), self site selection takes off the club staff (Julie and I). For those attendees that attend the Goshen rally on the odd-numbered years, think of this method as sort of a trial run as we NEED to do something different as our heads (Julie, Kevin and I) nearly exploded in 2013 trying to accommodate specific siting requests.

Rottiesmom
03-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Jim I can not imagine the hours of time you guys spend on all the fine details but it definitely has paid off well and has shown through the easy process to registrar for the rally and being able to pick your site. I love this idea I wish we could do it for all rallies. Thank you to you, Julie and your staff for all the hard work that goes into putting on an event of this size. We are so excited to be attending this rally as it is our first National that we are able to attend and hopefully next year rally will also work into our schedule.

lindaw
03-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Picked out site, Holly 16, I know we will have good neighbors. Jim the process was very easy with no problems. Thanks for all you do to prepare for this rally. BetteYes. Bette the west will be just a couple of sites down and also another couple from Florida and Jim I would also like to thank you and Julie, the process has
been really easy. Linda

dalspot
03-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Just did this up quickly.... There are two folks that are not in the rally group sites.

I will keep updated as best I can. If you see an error, or if you change your site, please send me a PM

This is a link to an off-site file, the image will change as I update.

Karen

.http://www.modelrailroadopenhouse.com/sites-names.jpg

Nabo
03-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Cool beans Tom/Karen. Keep up the good work.

jbeletti
03-05-2014, 05:37 PM
Cool graphic Karen - thanks! With attendees able to change sites, it may me a chore to update your map. But maybe update your map on the the 15th of March, April and May? We currently plan to lock it down on May 15 and deliver a final site list to Bethpage.

I placed a link of your map on the rally portal too.

Rottiesmom
03-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Nice work Karen I love when u do this

lindaw
03-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Great Idea
Lindaw

jbeletti
03-06-2014, 02:15 PM
We've begun to create some rally statistics. The first set has been placed here (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/186) in the Rally Statistics article on the Rally Portal. This first set contains an Arrival Date analysis. It's got a couple of anomalies in it that we'll work with attendees to get taken care of, then we'll refresh the stats.

As we go along, we'll add additional rally statistics to the article.

dalspot
03-06-2014, 02:37 PM
Jim, I just updated the site map and added the folks who picked a site last night. The link on the rally portal page pulls up an attachment, rather than the off-site image. Changes won't be reflected. Did forget to uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box? The newest version has a "map updated 3/6/2014 at the top.
Karen

I placed a link of your map on the rally portal too.

boatto5er
03-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Many folks may not be aware that there are actually FOUR sets of full hookups on the two back to back campsites (the area between the two streets) shown on the Campground maps. The full sets of four hook-ups are only used during the annual Oyster Festival. Normally the two RVs on the "big" site are on opposite corners of the site and are both considered back-ins. However, with a little creativity you can create an awning to awning layout with your site buddy (if you are friends and are inclined to do so :rolleyes:) thus having one big dining/sitting area between the two RV's and a big parking/game area on the remaining two areas. We plan on doing this on our "big" site with our friends currently on our opposite site corner. You'll be able to see what I'm describing after you arrive at your site.

oldmannj
03-06-2014, 03:49 PM
Thank you Gus, for the explanation behind all those sewer connections. My buddy Scott and I thought they had just gone crazy, or had 2000 extra wye fittings!!! LOL

tracks
03-06-2014, 07:10 PM

Jim, I never received the e-mail notice described. I saw this notice in the forum about a day in a half after the email was apparently sent. This is not a complaint we were able to reserve a very nice site but you might want the check the contact list.

Kirk

clubmgr
03-06-2014, 09:29 PM
For those who did not receive emails from the Registration system.

Emails sent from the Rally Registration system may be treated differently than the HOC emails or other emails you receive. If your email in the registration system is correct and you did not receive a confirmation email when you originally registered you can be pretty certain you fall in this category.

Your internet provider may treat the emails as junk mail. Different providers treat junk differently depending on their protocol and/or your security checks. Junk mail can be placed in your spam or deleted entirely never reaching you or it may be "quarantined" prior to delivery until they determine it is not spam.

In previous years, Windstream, AOL, and comcast (among other) subscribers have experienced problems receiving emails from the registration system. Some people were able to receive rally emails by adding the email address to a listing of allowable email senders. This is the Rally Registration email address events@regonline.com

jbeletti
03-06-2014, 09:36 PM
Did forget to uncheck the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box?

Karen - you're right, I did forget to uncheck. I have fixed it now though :) In my fix, I didn't want to use the full size image in the article so I use a static thumbnail image that is clickable to your hosted image. It's all good now. Thanks again Karen!

greatheron
03-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Ok, so there have been some edits, tables, maps and statistics added by folks, so I have done some research too. And you call yourselves statisticians . . .

Attendees by State/Province:
VA - 18
GA - 9
FL - 8
ON - 8
PA - 8
TX - 8
MD - 6
NJ - 6
AL - 5
NY - 5
OH - 5
MS - 4
SC - 4
IL - 3
MA - 3
MO - 3
SD - 3
MI - 3
WI - 3
NC - 2
TN - 2
AZ - 1
CA - 1
DE - 1
KY - 1
LA - 1
OK - 1
SK - 1

So, there you are, 26 States and 2 Provinces. Can't wait to meet everyone!

cookie
03-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Ahh, your total only comes up to 123.
I exported to Excel, then sorted by State/Province.
There are 10 from ON.
Sorry, I had to do it. :)
See you in Urbanna.

Peace
Dave

greatheron
03-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Ahh, your total only comes up to 123.
I exported to Excel, then sorted by State/Province.
There are 10 from ON.
Sorry, I had to do it. :)
See you in Urbanna.

Peace
Dave
I stand corrected, but someone had to start it. None-the-less, it's neat to see where everyone is coming in from for a good 'ol N.A. Heartland Rally. See you in Urbanna!

Lindstrom1950
03-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Hi Lou and Bette and Milo, we'll be one of your neighbors at the rally (we're next door in Holly 18). We're newbies, our first rally will be the Florida Rally and will also be at the rally in Gulf Shores, AL. Not sure what to expect other than meeting a lot of nice people and having a good time. March 14, next Friday we're leaving our home and starting to full time so we are pretty excited. Can't wait to see what's how we handle everything.
Looking forward to meeting y'all

lindaw
03-08-2014, 07:31 PM
Hi Lou and Bette and Milo, we'll be one of your neighbors at the rally (we're next door in Holly 18). We're newbies, our first rally will be the Florida Rally and will also be at the rally in Gulf Shores, AL. Not sure what to expect other than meeting a lot of nice people and having a good time. March 14, next Friday we're leaving our home and starting to full time so we are pretty excited. Can't wait to see what's how we handle everything.
Looking forward to meeting y'allJohn and Alina can,t wait to see ya"ll again in Eustis, we have an action packed week. See you soon.
LindaW

Lou_and_Bette
03-09-2014, 11:18 AM
John and Alina, this will be our third national rally and we look forward to sharing the fun with you. We will be at the Gulf Shores rally and look forward to meeting you there. We are starting our third year of full timing. You are on the right track by going to these rallies since there is so info to share and learn. We went to our first rally with some hesitancy but being novices I needed help. Well, were hooked, did 14 rallies last year. See you soon. Lou

boatto5er
03-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Got this email this morning from Beth Page. Suspect if you made pre-rally reservations and got a confirmation email, you'll get this too. Gives you some perspective on all the things in the area (but by area, they mean BIG area - all the way to Virginia Beach one direction and Richmond in the other)

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs177/1116566481755/img/21.jpg
http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs177/1116566481755/img/25.jpg

Plan your vacation with us!

http://img.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101116784221/SpacerImage.gif

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs177/1116566481755/img/33.jpgOne of the best

Bethpage Camp-Resort (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001RL8oZmsN6AePu8YFiP6hqLG-O4vUxcaPNBMmgUmArzO2JRdLVTIemRpgbw3AsAE7cjwvkcg8Hv zkjY1SfqwoEV7urQXEuwwO1asLOJHgYzs1AsuwsD1qjKCmLOM9 CiYpViP1PiCu3xbWEPigYqKpz1q4ueLot3CvBFweNcvyGJHUBk d4tyoK65FkOPZ4f8HzGdjmOvFh5ErN7rzHEjv0PlyFS0J4LvPk bYf04-_vEMn9jLkPqYC7reDCt4z4Ii0D5whkTf0uIVGqeolC5TKdoErD YkK-OnEbNBBm4r9F03RYnp25u68lLjXufsSjaDDVkNV61XjCtXXltJ q6Pb4bR-wotGlgoSoIfzPNJsz23sLlr_kYwHBiTzK_DY2mV8QfT1O3Xm06 VS4Hqw4I5gPmGA==&c=RZ5Dpb9B9tPN7i6-TqYAiKIgFp5HWZb14-pPpKr1aXs01drxhFQvog==&ch=eGWdXeVK_sp5McM6n4irJN4njYfvsvtMZRPfYxaNLscS9Cj jEMnJsw==) was awarded the 2012 "Mega Park of the Year" for the second time by the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds. That's right, we are one of the best resort parks in the country! Plus, we have Woodall's premier ranking of five stars and Trailer Life's highest ratings for our exceptional amenities and outstanding recreational opportunities for over 20 years!

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs177/1116566481755/img/34.jpgWe're close to everything

Our beautiful properties are near many of Virginia's most popular attractions (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001RL8oZmsN6AePu8YFiP6hqLG-O4vUxcaPNBMmgUmArzO2JRdLVTIemRpgbw3AsAE7j1dpkFlYtV rck_G0jWZ70ZN9JzktXMj9Jy10Ugct7caHJy-49XL2JdF2PTAuW3vvPwANHGGlwL0MvtyNN_0XpZ6YHRPgQRa4h 5iJigWAihBJS7-C1TEc9JukGtpLxJ5uI8sFF6gTV-ndh3NFuA6P_S94Rju4r_jGKgyWmZ4NJK2ULkgjvDHACXrx5CTi ORf6n9Ki58XECbakq7Si02C20vzs_WMHxuDmVReCLTLeyGq8Sc LtJp0iv0b_6Se_IMhNtDf8015QyzpXMaZOEjH3pMvDPkuSpfi9-i_45AnunlnSeG5CIXrvHtxtzwkRBrtoYENRd9BnFbkKDPxBxoN ZlA==&c=RZ5Dpb9B9tPN7i6-TqYAiKIgFp5HWZb14-pPpKr1aXs01drxhFQvog==&ch=eGWdXeVK_sp5McM6n4irJN4njYfvsvtMZRPfYxaNLscS9Cj jEMnJsw==) including Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, Richmond, Busch Gardens, Kings Dominion, the Chesapeake Bay and more. Bethpage Camp-Resort and Grey's Point Camp are along the banks of the Rappahannock River. We offer modern facilities of unsurpassed quality that can accommodate groups of almost any size (http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001RL8oZmsN6AePu8YFiP6hqLG-O4vUxcaPNBMmgUmArzO2JRdLVTIemRpgbw3AsAE7wu4wfVmiNh cZTywijlqSOPfp7Vn8_fur3p2Xo9Waajcw72Bjtv6gx-tav44h8AEinEBl6_bESxWxD2I8actvtttzWc1yhUkiyF4_e-JaA5EYhxOOVSqetUHK1vdu4pNQYrLq7s0PBZYRt9d7QyJ0sABT NqtV5WqHlg3o6vus2ZFe9ThbeBK3Wve2xjgsBMFF5Xo48FVQF9 kMIYMaQ09eqVfT3gZ62qsgKRYqhwDq0dC1rPuTYaT6QYlF-tHtQn19PHV1ATpA6xivY2nqL1vc51oK_zmRjivQ8MNnNpsEf9Z Wtuti16fklUjrj2TNHWMsOwyouvJpPw_y_zLb12uD1Q==&c=RZ5Dpb9B9tPN7i6-TqYAiKIgFp5HWZb14-pPpKr1aXs01drxhFQvog==&ch=eGWdXeVK_sp5McM6n4irJN4njYfvsvtMZRPfYxaNLscS9Cj jEMnJsw==).

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs177/1116566481755/img/26.jpgWhat makes us the perfect destination?

Over 1,000 full hook-up 50 amp sites
Guest-only waterparks featuring pools, slides and fun for everyone
Non-stop entertainment all season long
12,000 square foot indoor rally center
30 quaint cottages with modern interior spaces
Completely renovated Bethpage Miniature Golf Course & Ice Creamery
Restored Chesapeake Bay deadrise vessel offering daily river cruises
Hundreds of boat slips at our riverfront marina
Expanded sundeck with breathtaking river views
Updated convenience store with gourmet coffee bar
Improved Wi-Fi internet access
And much more!

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs177/1116566481755/img/27.jpgMake your plans

Contact our reservation specialists and begin planning your summer vacation. We'll take care of the details and your family can focus on fun! Bethpage Camp-Resort and Grey's Point Camp look forward to having you a guest this season!

Nabo
03-11-2014, 02:25 PM
I got the BethPage email that you posted Gus but didn't receive a confirmation email of my pre-rally charges eventho they have pulled the fees from my account. Interesting.

navyAZ1
03-11-2014, 02:33 PM
Hey Jim & Julie, Ann and I have changed our arrival to the 8th instead of the 10th, I have made the proper reservations thru Bethpage for the additional days but was curious if I need to do anything on the rally registration site. I'm thinking not but just wanted to check. We decided we would travel with Randy & Santha from GA.

jassson007
03-11-2014, 05:02 PM
I got the BethPage email that you posted Gus but didn't receive a confirmation email of my pre-rally charges eventho they have pulled the fees from my account. Interesting.

I got no emails from bethpage even though they did hit me for the one pre rally day already.

boatto5er
03-11-2014, 05:23 PM
I probably got it because I'm already in their database.

clubmgr
03-11-2014, 06:13 PM
Hey Jim & Julie, Ann and I have changed our arrival to the 8th instead of the 10th, I have made the proper reservations thru Bethpage for the additional days but was curious if I need to do anything on the rally registration site. I'm thinking not but just wanted to check. We decided we would travel with Randy & Santha from GA.

Hi,

On the rally registration site you need to change your arrival date to the new date. This is because we are providing the site assignment you choose to Bethpage.

See you in Georgia.

jbeletti
03-16-2014, 09:13 AM
Hi gang - I moved the discussion about the Northeast Region Potluck Breakfast to it's very own thread. See it and discuss it here (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/44648) :)

boatto5er
03-18-2014, 12:45 PM
A tip for those of you arriving early for the rally. If you are escorted to your site and brought in on the road that would require you to back in, if the site is open all the way across to the other road you can usually drive around and then pull thru. Ask your escort. They usually don't mind.

Nabo
03-18-2014, 07:55 PM
Nice info Gus - thanks

happykraut
03-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Looking for an affordable CG near Urbana. I'd like to arrive a few days before the Pre Rally, but don't want to pay $80 a nite. Checked several directories, but can't find anything. Thanks.

Vtxkid
03-19-2014, 08:43 AM
Virginia Beach has cheaper rates and would be a nice area to visit prior to the rally....

boatto5er
03-19-2014, 08:49 AM
Jerry, pre-rally pricing is only good from either 7 or 8 June until the official Rally start date. I think Bernie is looking for something prior to the pre-rally days. I haven't checked to see if Grey's Point rates are any better. It's the closest CG, but owned by the same folks as BethPage. There are CG's in Glouchester, fairly close, and several in Williamsburg, not too far, that may be good for you Bernie. Check out American Heritage in Williamsburg. We like it there and it's a great spot for a little American History exploring pre-rally.

JWalker
03-19-2014, 09:42 AM
Saturday June 7th is at regular rate. It is quite a bit higher than rally rate, but Ginger didn't want to sit around on Saturday and hear me whine about being home, when we could be on the road. So we are arriving on Saturday.

Nabo
03-19-2014, 10:25 AM
Bernie - we are going to stay in Richmond a couple of days before coming in for the pre-rally. At the recommendation from Gus, we are going to stay at Americamps RV Resort (link (http://www.americamps.com)) which is just north of Richmond off I-95. Nothing fancy but lets us visit our son and do some civil war stuff.

oldmannj
03-19-2014, 01:00 PM
Saturday June 7th is at regular rate. It is quite a bit higher than rally rate, but Ginger didn't want to sit around on Saturday and hear me whine about being home, when we could be on the road. So we are arriving on Saturday.

Slightly different reason here. I'm paying $80 extra for the priveledge of having the opportunity to pay $400 for a golf cart!! Ain't I lucky????

katkens-DW
03-19-2014, 01:53 PM
Grays point is not cheap either 64.95 a night. Kenny an I are staying near Richmond Saturday so we don't have to far to go on Sunday. Never thought I would say this but KOA are cheaper then most of them out there .

boatto5er
03-19-2014, 06:22 PM
Think American Heritage in Williamsburg (Toano) is the best bet for early overnighting close to Bethpage. It's 33 miles from Urbanna, a nice park, concrete pads, and right off I64. Just my 2cents (again).

boatto5er
03-19-2014, 06:29 PM
If looking for a spot prion to June. 8, Fredericksburg KOA would work for those coming from the West or Northwest. It's about 5 miles off US 17 and about 75 miles from Urbanna. There are no decent CGs on 17 between F'burg and Urbanna. If coming from the South, the Americamps in Ashland is a good overnight spot or cut on down I64 to Williamsburg. These are your choices IMHO.

happykraut
03-19-2014, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'll call Richmond in the morning.

jnbhobe
03-19-2014, 07:03 PM
I'm going to stay in Fredericksburg in front of my daughters house friday till sunday.

boatto5er
03-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Nice Jon, I'll be at my house until Sunday. :-)

Gizzy
03-19-2014, 07:49 PM
We got reservations at Chesapeake Bay Resort in Gloucester, VA prior to rally (Sun -Thur). It is located about 13 miles from Bethpage and used PA at about $25/night. ( NOTE, PA is only good for Sun thru Thur) We made our reservations a couple months ago, don't have any idea if they still accept them, but you might check.

katkens-DW
03-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Thanks Gus we will check it out !!

happykraut
03-21-2014, 08:24 AM
Made reservations at Americamp in Ashland. Arriving 6/5. $35 for a back-in with the Good Sam discount.

katkens-DW
03-21-2014, 08:49 AM
I made reservations at Ashland also so we will be there on the7th see you soon Bernie and Judi !! Not sure where we will stay on the first night but we will figure it out.

boatto5er
03-21-2014, 09:01 AM
I made reservations at Ashland also so we will be there on the7th see you soon Bernie and Judi !! Not sure where we will stay on the first night but we will figure it out.

I should be getting a pretty big referral check from them soon! JUST KIDDING!!!!!!:rolleyes:

katkens-DW
03-21-2014, 10:16 AM
I agree you should call them and tell them that.. LOL!! I thought it was a KOA at first cause it was in my KOA book. Looks like a nice place now just need to find a place near Huntington W Va. we will find somewhere to stay thanks Gus for all your help.

recumbent615
03-21-2014, 10:28 AM
it has been a few years since I have camped down in VA but the last time I was down there I stayed at American Heritage ( if memory serves me ) they were reasonably priced. I just checked and they are only 50$ a night.

boatto5er
03-21-2014, 10:31 AM
RE: the Americamps in Ashland, It went from being an Americamps to a KOA about three years ago, then back to Americamps about a year ago. It's owned by the same folks that own the Fayetteville RV Resort in North Carolina and the Twin Grove CG in PA. The best part about it is the big Bass Pro Shop on the opposite side of I95, about 200 yards as the crow flies, or 3 miles by vehicle. :) There's also a huge RV dealer (McGeorges Rolling Hills) just up the road if you need something in an emergency.

boatto5er
03-21-2014, 10:33 AM
it has been a few years since I have camped down in VA but the last time I was down there I stayed at American Heritage ( if memory serves me ) they were reasonably priced. I just checked and they are only 50$ a night.

One of our favorite RV parks in VA Kevin.

oldmannj
03-22-2014, 06:14 PM
I seem to recall last year there being a flea market of sorts for club members. Will there be anything of that nature this rally? Didn't see anything in the marketplace heading that looked like what I remember seeing in the discussion thread last year.

katkens-DW
03-22-2014, 07:11 PM
If you have Good Sam they are 45.90 .

happykraut
03-23-2014, 06:28 AM
I seem to recall last year there being a flea market of sorts for club members. Will there be anything of that nature this rally? Didn't see anything in the marketplace heading that looked like what I remember seeing in the discussion thread last year.I spoke with JB earlier this year and asked him if we would have the "For Sale" tables again and the answer was yes.

mobilcastle
03-23-2014, 06:34 AM
We are on the list if their is a cancellation-have not heard from anyone. Have you been able to get anymore sites? Do we need to call the park?
Thanks
Steve

oldmannj
03-23-2014, 07:29 AM
I spoke with JB earlier this year and asked him if we would have the "For Sale" tables again and the answer was yes.

Thanks Bernie, can't wait to see if I can get a really good deal on some more stuff I probably don't need. LOL. ED.

jbeletti
03-23-2014, 08:23 AM
We are on the list if their is a cancellation-have not heard from anyone. Have you been able to get anymore sites? Do we need to call the park?
Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve,

The waitlist is an automatic process. When the next person cancels, the first person on the list gets an email invitation to register. No need to call Bethpage as I am controlling the number of rally registrations and have capped it at 125. The cap is related to my budget. Heartland covers about 50% of the rally cost. I have to budget that 50%.

Very soon, I will be taking a critical look at rally expenses versus budget to see if I can squeeze a few more sites in. We have about 10 people on the waitlist and I'd like to see them all be able to join us.

jbeletti
03-23-2014, 08:28 AM
I seem to recall last year there being a flea market of sorts for club members. Will there be anything of that nature this rally? Didn't see anything in the marketplace heading that looked like what I remember seeing in the discussion thread last year.

Ed - Bernie called it. Yes, I do plan to have a Attendee to Atendee For Sale table. It will be smaller than in the past as the space in the venue is more limited than what I'm used to having. But for small items, it should work out good.

That said, often, attendees have larger items to sell, such as pinboxes, hitches, tripods, tires, wheels, axles etc. On these items, some have found it better to post on the forum, what they have for sale in an effort to pre-sell them. I.e., they will bring the large item to the rally only if it is pre-sold. Then the item never makes it to the table (wouldn't fit anyway) - the buyer meets at the seller's RV to finalize the transaction.

I have created a thread for attendees to post their for sale items in an effort to pre-sell them.

Click here to post your For Sale item at the Urbanna, VA rally. (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/44793-Items-for-Sale-at-Urbanna-Rally-list-yours-here?p=353273#post353273)

oldmannj
03-23-2014, 08:47 AM
Thank you J.B. stumbled upon the thread about 2 minutes after you posted and already listed my item. YOU DA MAN!!!! ED.:angel:

boatto5er
04-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Here's another tip. When you come down Browns Lane to the Campground entrance, it is around a half-mile from the main road (County Rd 602). DO NOT go past the turn in to the campground! :eek: It is almost impossible to find a place to turn around and not a pleasant feeling backing up if you go past the entrance.

Nabo
04-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up about the campground entrance Gus. Maybe Jim and the staff can come up with a way to flag the entrance with some type of Heartland banner/flags/balloons for ez seeing.

clubmgr
04-23-2014, 12:03 PM
UPDATE: 4/23/2014: Thanks to the interest shown by members who signed up for the rally waitlist, 12 additional sites have been added. Emails were sent out to notify all who were on the waitlist that they could now register for the rally. Unfortunately, as sometimes happens with automated functions, there was a glitch and the emails were pretty much a dud except for the announcement part.

All the emails started with the salutation "Hi, Jon". Never fear, if you received an email the email was directed to you.

The link may or may not have been present. The correct link to register for the rally is https://www.regonline.com/builder/site/Default.aspx?EventID=1479079

If you have any questions, please email me at club@heartlandowners.org or call me at 336-446-9462.

Julie Hancock
Manager, Heartland Owners Club

boatto5er
04-23-2014, 12:28 PM
OK, time for another tip. Hope this isn't a repeat. Fuel stations with Diesel available are few and far between in the immediate Urbanna area. The last time I was there (about 2 years ago) there was only one station in town with Diesel and it was closed on Sundays. The other nearest stations will be 10-15 miles away. I suggest filling up anytime you are out and about doing the tourist thing before you head back toward the campground.

happykraut
04-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Gus, I appreciate all the tips you have given. Thanks.

jnbhobe
04-23-2014, 06:54 PM
I'll fill in Fredericksburg, Va. 100 gal should last me a while.

boatto5er
04-25-2014, 03:02 PM
The water park and swimming lake at BethPage for those who haven't seen them. Hope it's warm while we're there!

dbylinski
04-25-2014, 03:22 PM
After this past winter and colder than I can remember spring, it better warm up Gus!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

jbeletti
04-26-2014, 11:24 AM
I've begun to post the fliers for rally specials being offered by a couple of vendors. Still waiting on Lippert and Mor/ryde and expect them to be online in a few days.

Here's a link (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/187) to the Rally Specials article on the rally portal. From that article, you can see a summary of the specials and links to jump directly to the forum thread with the specials details.

Note - to the extent I'm able to, I'm opening up the rally specials to ALL HEARTLAND OWNERS.

porthole
04-26-2014, 11:31 AM
That is some good pricing from Dexter.

jbeletti
04-26-2014, 01:53 PM
That is some good pricing from Dexter.

Happy to hear it pleases :) Waiting for Lippert and Mor/ryde. Hoping for Monday/Tuesday.

nander
04-26-2014, 02:02 PM
Do the Dexter prices include installation?

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

jbeletti
04-26-2014, 02:41 PM
Do the Dexter prices include installation?

Sorry - no. And they will not be at the rally at all. The special is good for phone orders during the 5 days listed in the special.

mobilcastle
04-28-2014, 02:26 PM
Jim
Thanks for all your hard work-I plan to order a set from Dexter.

jbeletti
05-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Mor/ryde specials have been posted here (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/45556). Hope Heartlanders find them useful :) Working on Lippert and hope to have them up very soon.

porthole
05-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Mor/ryde specials have been posted here (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/45556). Hope Heartlanders find them useful :) Working on Lippert and hope to have them up very soon.

Great job Jim.

In July 2009 I paid $5686 for 7K suspension and Kodiak "grease" disc brakes (no special pricing). 5 years later and the same job is $5400. Insert thumbs up emoticon here.

dalspot
05-01-2014, 10:18 AM
FYI - location map updated today. Again, if anyone finds anything amiss, please let me know.

jbeletti
05-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Lippert specials were put online today. Here's a direct link to that thread (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/45590).

And here's a link (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/187) to the Rally Portal article that summarizes all the rally specials and has links to the detail for each special.

For all Heartland owners reading this, please know these specials are good for you, regardless of whether you can make it to the rally or not.

To all, please contact the vendor with any questions you have on their specials. If I've made any errors on the posts for these specials, somebody let me know :)

simsfmly
05-04-2014, 08:58 AM
At last year's National Rally, there was a pop top collection for the Ronald McDonald House. Will there be a collection at this year's rally? If so, who's in charge of that, we'd like to send in our contribution. Thanks in advance.

jbeletti
05-04-2014, 04:44 PM
At last year's National Rally, there was a pop top collection for the Ronald McDonald House. Will there be a collection at this year's rally? If so, who's in charge of that, we'd like to send in our contribution. Thanks in advance.

Bob/Connie - there is no concerted effort on this front this year. Bob Curry TX Bobcat told me he will take whatever people have stored up and he'll save them for 2015 Goshen.

That said, for 2015 Goshen, I've challenged Bob to reformulate the effort to make it more impactful. The scrap value of a can tab is minuscule compared the the scrap value of cans. We can't collect and turn in cans at the rallies but we can do other things.

jbeletti
05-04-2014, 04:47 PM
I've been asked if attendees can receive mail while they're at this rally. The answer is yes :)

I have updated the Rally FAQ on the rally portal (link (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/171)).

Here are the details:

MJordan
05-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Will there be any service requests done at the rally?
If so, will a request for service be sent out?

recumbent615
05-05-2014, 09:34 AM

Ok, I'm a little confused on the Mor/Ryde IS and disk brake offer. I appears to me that there may be an error in the pricing listed for the IS and Dexter disc brakes cobo.

@ the 8K weight IS = 3300 and Dexter NevRlube = 3300 for a total of 6600 but the combo price is $8300? what am I missing here?

jbeletti
05-06-2014, 08:35 AM
Kevin,

Yes, this is an error. Duane brought it to my attention a couple days ago but I didn't have time to look at it closely. I spoke to Gary and corrections are being made. A new flier will be uploaded soon. To confirm, the error was on the combo pricing only. Thanks.

recumbent615
05-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Thanks Jim- some might say that I'm a bit more than a "little" confused at times but ... I'm glad in this case It's not me.. :)

jbeletti
05-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Okay - the Mor/ryde flier has been fixed. See the new one here (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/45556).

jbeletti
05-12-2014, 03:34 PM
Entertainment is all set for the Urbanna rally. Click here (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/45801-2014-Urbanna-Rally-Entertainment?p=362594#post362594) to see two short video clips on what we have planned.

Retyred
05-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Will carpet cleaning be available during the rally? I thought that the topic had come up earlier.

jbeletti
05-12-2014, 09:21 PM
Will carpet cleaning be available during the rally? I thought that the topic had come up earlier.

Sorry, no carpet cleaning crew and no RV wash crew this year.

boatto5er
05-14-2014, 12:51 PM
Another (hopefully helpful) hint: If you are coming to the rally via US 17 through Tappahanock, VA, be aware that unless the town has reconfigured its main roadway, there are places in the right hand lane of US17 in the north end of the town where there are some pretty deep drops in the roadway close to the curb (for drains, etc). These can create quite a bounce for both your tow vehicle and your trailer. Recommend you drive through the town in the left lane to avoid these. This will also set you up for the road split on the south end of town (at the intersection with US360) that requires you to be in the left lane to continue south on US17. Have a great and safe drive! We're looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends and making a lot of new ones.

Nabo
05-14-2014, 03:55 PM
AHhhhh - Tappahanock on the Rappahanock. Went to prep-school there at St. Margarets. Gosh that was a long time ago.

kakampers
05-14-2014, 04:05 PM
Haven't been down us 17 thru Tappahanoc and Rappahannock since I was a kid...really looking forward to this trip! Can't wait!!

oldmannj
05-14-2014, 04:27 PM
Another (hopefully helpful) hint: If you are coming to the rally via US 17 through Tappahanock, VA, be aware that unless the town has reconfigured its main roadway, there are places in the right hand lane of US17 in the north end of the town where there are some pretty deep drops in the roadway close to the curb (for drains, etc). These can create quite a bounce for both your tow vehicle and your trailer. Recommend you drive through the town in the left lane to avoid these. This will also set you up for the road split on the south end of town (at the intersection with US360) that requires you to be in the left lane to continue south on US17. Have a great and safe drive! We're looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends and making a lot of new ones.

Ok Gus, Get to the good stuff!!!! Where do we stop for grits??? TEEHEE ED. :angel:

boatto5er
05-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Ok Gus, Get to the good stuff!!!! Where do we stop for grits??? TEEHEE ED. :angel:

Grits are available at the Cracker Barrel at exit 152B on I95 in Dumfries, VA. I live a half mile from there, so I would stop in to share them with you, but I'll be in Urbanna on the 8th. :-)

JJnVA
05-15-2014, 08:03 AM
Here's a recommendation for something to do in the area: Saude Creek Vineyards, Saturday and Sunday afternoons, 2:00-5:00, wine and music on the lawn and patio, bring a picnic, pets are welcome on the lawn! NO cover charge. All you pay for is your wine. Wine is good, too! Located 19 miles west of Urbanna on the Pamunkey River. Check it out: www.saudecreek.com

jack and I live 15 minutes from SCV and have enjoyed Sunday afternoons there with a glass (or 2) of wine there :)

jbeletti
05-15-2014, 12:07 PM
A few of the rally documents have been updated today. They are still in draft form and changes will be made for the next week or so. Hard copies of the final documents will be in each rally packet. If you want to see how things are shaping up, click here (//heartlandowners.org/content.php/175) to go to the documents article on the Rally Portal where you can download these very recent drafts:

- Pre Rally and Rally Agendas
- Seminar Schedule
- Marketplace vendor listing

jbeletti
05-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Just a reminder to those who are registered for this rally but feel they now cannot make it.

Wednesday, May 21st is the final day to cancel your rally registration and receive a 90% refund. On the 22nd, I need to make final commitments to catering. Those are big expenses and will be locked in.

Rally cancellations after May 21st will be $60.

If you have any trouble canceling, email Julie immediately at club@heartlandowners.org. The date your email is received will be used as your cancellation date.

From the rally portal:

Changes and Cancellation Process
Cancellation is done in the "Review/Edit your Rally Information" area of the online system.

Click here (LINK (https://www.regonline.com/register/login.aspx?eventID=1479079&MethodId=0&EventsessionId=)) to log into your Rally Registration site
Enter your Forum / Club email address and your Rally password
On the next page, click on Make Changes

Cancellation Policy
Registered rally attendees may cancel their registration at any time for any reason.

Cancellations made through May 21, 2014 will be eligible for partial refunds. All refunds processed will be less a 10% processing fee. This fee is to help us recover merchant account fees and other costs associated with processing cancellations and refunds.

Payments made by credit card will be refunded back to the same card “when possible” - otherwise a refund check will be processed by Heartland RVs and mailed to your rally registration address.

Refunds cannot be made for cancellations made after May 21, 2014 for any reason, as financial commitments made for your attendance (venue rental, site fees, catered meals, entertainment etc.) have to be paid whether you are there or not. These commitments are made in advance of the cancellation cut-off date.
20-May edit: I have over-ridden the above published policy of no refund after 21-May and will be giving $60 back.

If you’re not able to cancel online, simply email our Club Manager, Julie Hancock at club@heartlandowners.org. Refunds, where applicable, will be processed automatically.

klindgren
05-21-2014, 05:58 AM
AHhhhh - Tappahanock on the Rappahanock. Went to prep-school there at St. Margarets. Gosh that was a long time ago.

I just drove through there yesterday on our way home from Fredericksburg. Place still looks the same, but it has also changed a whole lot in the last several years. Why they even have a Wal-Mart in town now. Lowery's Restaurant is still there though. We are meeting friends there for dinner on June 7th after we get settled into the Rally site. Can't wait.

jbeletti
05-23-2014, 11:23 AM
Hey Urbanna rally attendees,

If you need to make any changes to your pre or post rally camping reservations, please DO NOT call Bethpage for this, this weekend. I am told they have people lined up out the door trying to get checked in and they have extra staff on hand for this weekend and much of that staff is unfamiliar with our rally in a few weeks from now.

Therefore, it is suggested that any changes be called in next week (Tuesday, May 27 or later).

For anyone who wants to come in earlier you are now reserved for, so long as the new date is still within the pre-rally period (Sunday - Wednesday, June 8 - 11), you should be able to get on your site without issue. So rest easy this weekend and make those calls next week :)

dalspot
05-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Friends of ours who live in Yorktown will be there with their original Model A Ford. He's had it since he first started driving.

MERCHANTS SQUARE HOSTS 6TH ANNUAL WILLIAMSBURG INVITATIONAL CAR SHOW June 8 Event Features Chrysler and Honors Mustang’s 50th Anniversary (http://williamsburgsrealestate.com/2014/05/28/merchants-square-hosts-6th-annual-williamsburg-invitational-car-show-june-8-event-features-chrysler-and-honors-mustangs-50th-anniversary/)

Posted on May 28, 2014 by mrwilliamsburg
On Sunday, June 8 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Merchants Square will host the Colony Auto Enthusiasts for their 6th Annual Williamsburg Invitational Car Show featuring a collection of 12 Chrysler products including an award winning 1935 Imperial Airflow, a 1956 Plymouth Fury and a 1970 Plymouth Superbird.

Over 50 carefully selected cars from throughout the greater Williamsburg area are included in this unique non-competitive, non-commercial display. A special exhibit will recognize the 50th Anniversary of Mustang, while a second will illustrate the dramatic changes in “working carriages” from the 18th to the 20th Century. This exhibit will feature a circa 1775 carriage from the Colonial Williamsburg collection of carriages, a 1927 Ford Roadster Pickup and a custom, one of a kind, 1957 Oldsmobile Pickup.

This show is open to the public at no charge. All who attend are encouraged to make a cash donation in support of the wonderful service provided by RIDES, who will have a special display at the center of the car show.

The “Car Show Game” for all kids under 10 provides an opportunity for children and their parents to engage in the search for information to answer the “Car Show Game” questions. This search for answers requires the family to explore all of the cars in the show to find answers.

The Colony Auto Enthusiasts are a group of more than 50 Ford’s Colony residents with a common passion for cars: antique and modern, foreign and domestic. Inquires regarding the car displays may be directed to the Colony Auto Enthusiasts: info@colonyautoenthusiasts.com.

jbeletti
06-01-2014, 01:47 PM
This afternoon, an email was scheduled to be sent to all currently registered rally attendees. Often times, some attendees don't seem to receive email updates sent via RegOnline. As we've done with all update emails, below, please find a copy of what is scheduled to go out today.

Note that the email copy below is just an image. As such, what looks like hyperlinks, are NOT going to be clickable in the image.

Attached is a PDF version of the email. The hyperlinks in it ARE clickable.

See everyone very soon!

boatto5er
06-02-2014, 09:44 AM
FYI, if anyone is keeping tabs, Gus, Debra, and the mischievous Dachshunds (Romeo and Juliet) will now be arriving on June 7 vice June 8. Just couldn't resist the opportunity for one more day of camping!

f250dieseldad
06-02-2014, 10:44 AM
We will be there on the 7th also

JWalker
06-02-2014, 11:04 AM
If all goes to schedule. We will be there on the 7th at 2:17pm. Not that we're counting down....

dbylinski
06-02-2014, 11:15 AM
If all goes to schedule. We will be there on the 7th at 2:17pm. Not that we're counting down....

You do understand we will begin watching for you at 2:16! Don't be late!

dbylinski
06-02-2014, 11:17 AM
FYI, if anyone is keeping tabs, Gus, Debra, and the mischievous Dachshunds (Romeo and Juliet) will now be arriving on June 7 vice June 8. Just couldn't resist the opportunity for one more day of camping!

Gus and Debra are a bonus but it's Romeo and Juliet we are waiting for!

VKTalley
06-02-2014, 12:44 PM
The Traveling Talleys will be arriving on Sunday, June 8th! We are in Charlottesville, VA, for this week while Malcolm works (remote) and revisiting some places we visited in 2003 with our two kids.

jbeletti
06-02-2014, 02:32 PM
I was remiss in not putting it in the Big Update - but, please put your club badges in your coach now :)

We no longer produce name badges for club rallies.

For Introductory Members - you may be creative and create your own badges for the rally.

And for everyone, please wear your club badges daily - pre-rally and rally. That way, for all the newer folks, we'll know who each other is. Or at least the names. From there, the "what's your forum username" question can follow :) Or in CB radio-speak - "what's" your handle?" :) Remember those days?

boatto5er
06-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Gus and Debra are a bonus but it's Romeo and Juliet we are waiting for!

Romeo said he was ready for you to play fetch with his ball again!

dbylinski
06-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Romeo said he was ready for you to play fetch with his ball again!

As long as he leaves my fingers intact it's a date!

jassson007
06-02-2014, 05:51 PM
As long as he leaves my fingers intact it's a date!

Hey now, Rowdy says he is up for some if this fetch. He just does not like giving the ball/toy back. Lol

boatto5er
06-02-2014, 07:24 PM
Ha! Neither does Romeo. Hence Deb nearly losing a finger the last time she tried to get a ball from him!

JMVford
06-02-2014, 11:24 PM
We're coming in on the 7th also. Sounds like the party's starting early!

cookie
06-03-2014, 07:17 AM
We have been at Cherry Hill Park (http://cherryhillpark.com/) in College Park, MD since last week.
Gettin hitch itch now and will leave here and arrive at Bethpage Camp-Resort (http://www.bethpagecamp.com/welbody.html) tomorrow the 4th.
See y'all there.

Peace
Dave

nander
06-03-2014, 07:52 AM
We have been at Cherry Hill Park (http://cherryhillpark.com/) in College Park, MD since last week.
Gettin hitch itch now and will leave here and arrive at Bethpage Camp-Resort (http://www.bethpagecamp.com/welbody.html) tomorrow the 4th.
See y'all there.

Peace
Dave

We are arriving at Cherry Hill tomorrow and will stay until Sunday. We will be with Jay & Stella Coffman. Sorry we will miss you!

Bighorn55
06-03-2014, 08:59 AM
We will be at Cherry Hill Sunday to Tuesday dropping of our son for his summer internship. Then on to the Rally!

dbylinski
06-03-2014, 10:43 AM
We will be at Cherry Hill Sunday to Tuesday dropping of our son for his summer internship. Then on to the Rally!

Travel Safe and we'll see you guys soon! Haven't seen you since Gettysburg and I'm going through withdrawl!