Urbanna, VA Rally Discussion Thread

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
US 17 is an excellent road off I 95 from Fredericksburg to Urbanna. We run it a couple of times a year with a 40ft Landmark. It's 4 very lightly trafficked lanes most of the way (2 lanes from F'burg to Port Royal).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

szewczyk_john

522 is hit or miss with traffic plus there are so many stops and starts when going that way. I know that it is less miles but the time usually is the same and I had to sit for hours once because of an accident which caused huge delays in both directions. I try to avoid two lane roads when I can especially when towing.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Most of the congestion is around Berkley Springs Wv. on 522. That town has really expanded. When Ginger and I first started going to Martinsville, we would stop at Berkley Springs for breakfast and the Roanoke for lunch. Did that same trip for 10 years. I think I remember seeing a campground off the bypass around Winchester to 81. I think that is rt 37. We might look into a stay around there if we have to work till 5. That is around 3 hrs.

jbeletti

RALLY PORTAL: Urbanna, VA

This year, we're using a series of articles on the Rally Portal to consolidate relevant rally information in a single location.

Here's a link to post 1 of this rally thread. In post 1, I've added an image of the Rally Portal and I've explained a bit about how to navigate it.

And for those who need no explanation, here's a link directly to the Rally Portal.

And for the real adventurous, just click on Portals, then Rally Portal from the upper-left corner of any forum screen :)

The rally is really starting to shape up. Work continues on the registration site and testing begins in a few days.

We are adding more and more information to the portal. If you have questions that you cannot find an answer to on the Rally Portal, please ask it here in this thread. Julie and I will find your question and we'll add it and the answer to the most relevant section of the forum, then circle back here to let you know. Or, if it makes more sense to answer the question in this thread instead, we'll do that.

Fire away!

jbeletti

Urbanna Rally Registration in TEST mode now

TESTING! We have the rally registration in testing mode and have forum moderators testing it now. Testing, testing - is this thing on? :)

Lou_and_Bette

Re: Urbanna Rally Registration in TEST mode now

10-4 Good Buddy, got ya wall to wall and tree top tall, come on, come on

jbeletti

Urbanna, VA Rally - Small Scale LIVE registrations began tonight

Small Scale (3 people) LIVE registrations began tonight.

If all goes well tonight, Core Team members and Moderators will do their LIVE registrations this weekend to further test and stress the system.

If all goes well this weekend, I anticipate full-scale CLUB MEMBER registration opening by mid-week (27-Feb).

jbeletti

Urbanna Rally Registration Begins this Week!

Attention all club members,

We anticipate opening rally registration to all club members this week. Most likely Tuesday - Wednesday latest.

navyAZ1

Re: Urbanna Rally Registration Begins this Week!

Yea!!!!! Ann and I are so excited, we had to miss last years rally due to Miss Ann's health issues and we hated it. But, 2014 is looking great and we can't wait to attend a rally with our new BC Woooooooo Hoooooooo! Our first rally will be the GA rally next month, then the AL rally in April.

Hick1

It will great to see you two again. Missed you two
Pat & Ed

TandC

Will the weighing service by RVSEF be available before or during the pre-rally???
The link to the weighing sign up form was not working (for me anyway) this morning (2-25-14 Tuesday).

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member

Will the weighing service by RVSEF be available before or during the pre-rally???
The link to the weighing sign up form was not working (for me anyway) this morning (2-25-14 Tuesday).

Weighing can be done as you arrive at Bethpage before you go to your site. It can also be done on your way out - the day you leave. Most people like to get it done on the way in, so it's done and out of the way. Plus, you may be more likely to actually get it done, rather than waiting until departure day when things may be a bit more hectic for you and perhaps the weighing team as it's a busy day for all.

Checked the link and it worked for me. Are you going to it from the Rally Portal?

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
UPDATE:

• Registration to begin Wednesday morning: that's tomorrow, 2/26.
  • Email invitations will be sent out to current Heartland Owners Club members.
  • Do not call Bethpage in advance to register for extra nights or to reserve a golf cart as they will be better staffed tomorrow.
  • You do not have to call Bethpage immediately to make reservations for additional nights. Just make your reservation for extra nights within the next week or so. If everyone calls at once, you will not be able to receive the attention you deserve. If necessary, please leave your name and phone number so someone from Bethpage can return your call.
  • Making reservations for nights prior to the rally and/or after the rally is just like making reservations at any campground. Just be sure to tell them you are with the Heartland Rally and are making reservations for nights before and/or after the rally. They will ask for your credit card number and will ask if you want to make a 1 day deposit or pay in full.
  • You DO NOT have to call Bethpage to make camping reservations if the ONLY nights you are staying are during the rally: June 12, 13 and 14. Your rally registration includes your camping reservation for those nights.

Last edited:

Miller0758

Sad to say, because of the dates, it makes it near impossible for those of us with children in school the ability to attend :(

jbeletti

John and Lisa - sorry that we won't see you this year. We plan this rally for early summer and it's almost always this same weekend. Many, but not all schools are out. It's hard to find a time when everyone could attend. Pushing it out another week just wouldn't catch everyone either. Then another week and you're into 4th of July. Push it further and we're getting into HOT, HOT temps in many areas we might hold the rally.

Again - sorry that we won't see you guys.

jbeletti

REGISTRATION IS OPEN - Urbanna, VA Rally

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!

This email is in the process of being sent out to all Heartland Owners Club members:

2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally
Y3vTJaQIql_iXi6-LLwzygMiVbw-ft9fNYczslRpwX0J0MjwUJBxhnsqmuBgtygr60XUohsFzS_Eb1V_S3MQcEiZlcDdaldXNNj_y3HgpKrwtqtItEz9LVk=s0-d-e1-ft

2014 North American Heartland Owners Rally

Rally Invitation

Hi Jim,

Today is an exciting day for those club members who've planned on attending the Urbanna rally. Below is your invitation to register immediately.

QUICK INFO
Venue: Bethpage Camp-Resort
Venue Website: www.bethpagecamp.com
Map to Venue:Click here to map yourself to Bethpage
Pre-Rally Dates: June 8-11, 2014
Rally Dates: June 12-15, 2014
Pre-Rally Date: June 15, 2014

PRE / POST RALLY REGISTRATION
Contact Bethpage directly at (804) 758-4349 to make reservations for extra nights. You do not have to call Bethpage immediately, just call within the next week or so. If necessary, leave your name and phone number so someone from Bethpage can return your call. Tell them you are with the Heartland Rally and are making reservations for nights before and/or after the rally. They will ask for your credit card number and will ask if you want to make a 1 day deposit or pay in full.

RALLY REGISTRATION
Click here to register for the rally. You DO NOT have to call Bethpage to make camping reservations if the ONLY nights you are staying are during the rally: June 12, 13 and 14. Your rally registration includes your camping reservation for those nights.

LEARN
Click here to learn more about this rally.

DISCUSS
Click here to discuss this rally.

Thank you,

Jim Beletti and Julie Hancock

This email communication was sent by:
Heartland Owners Club
1001 All Pro Drive
Elkhart, IN 46514

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Re: REGISTRATION IS OPEN - Urbanna, VA Rally

And apparently the registration site is already overloaded. I can't get past the first page :(:confused: (matter of fact - can't even get back to the first page...)

Vtxkid

Re: REGISTRATION IS OPEN - Urbanna, VA Rally

And apparently the registration site is already overloaded. I can't get past the first page :(:confused: (matter of fact - can't even get back to the first page...)

Lol!! All 125 of us are trying to get on there...

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk