Urbanna, VA Rally Discussion Thread

Re: Urbanna Rally Registration Begins this Week!

We are registered for Virginia. Now we just have to kill time until June.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Finally, the Doxies get to meet! :)

Rowdy, the Black and Tan in profile pic, loves to meet new doxie's, other dogs and people; Kaydee not so much. Lol. She tolerates new people until she has been around them and thinks she has to boss other dogs around if they show least but if attention to her. Lol. Can wait to y meet your pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Re: REGISTRATION IS OPEN - Urbanna, VA Rally

Jim,

The Marig's are registrar and had no problems with the site. Hanna and Samson are looking forward to meeting new friends too. We will be arriving on Wednesday for some pre-rally fun and departing on Sunday. Looking forward to seeing everyone again

Miller0758

John and Lisa - sorry that we won't see you this year. We plan this rally for early summer and it's almost always this same weekend. Many, but not all schools are out. It's hard to find a time when everyone could attend. Pushing it out another week just wouldn't catch everyone either. Then another week and you're into 4th of July. Push it further and we're getting into HOT, HOT temps in many areas we might hold the rally.

Again - sorry that we won't see you guys.

No worries Jim, I understand

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
So - what are the stipulations on the "mobility challenged" sites?

Duane, I suspect Bethpage would want a copy of your Handicapped Hang Tag faxed to them. That's how they do Golf Cart Reservations for Mobility Challenged individuals. That all being speculated, you probably do not want one of these sites if they are in the first two rows. If there is a heavy rain, those two rows tend to "flood". I have seen up to 3-4 inches of water sitting on some of those sites after a heavy rain.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
No worries Jim, I understand

Bummer. Wish you could make it. Madison's last day of school was scheduled for June 2nd but she has missed so many days due to snow, she is now going to the 11th. The last 3-4 days of school seem to be activitie days and year end clean up, so we decided to go. They are talking about adding an additional hour to each day to help make up some time. Madi doesn't like that idea.

Bighorn55

We are registered, it was quick and easy. Excited to have something to look forward to, to get us through this crazy winter.

boatto5er

"which" two rows Gus. There looks to be two sections.

After coming thru the gate and passing between the "lake" and the pools, if you turn left, you will come to a long bunch of rows of campsites on your right. The first two are the ones that have a tendency to flood.

porthole

Retired
After coming thru the gate and passing between the "lake" and the pools, if you turn left, you will come to a long bunch of rows of campsites on your right. The first two are the ones that have a tendency to flood.

May be a moot point. That is a "busy" area that will defiantly keep two Golden Retrievers occupied :rolleyes:

See all y'all on Sunday the 8th.

Now to work on actually getting the days off.....................................................

dalspot

We are registered. Arriving either Tuesday or Wednesday. Will be spending a few nights in Williamsburg prior to heading up to Urbanna.

Miller0758

Bummer. Wish you could make it. Madison's last day of school was scheduled for June 2nd but she has missed so many days due to snow, she is now going to the 11th. The last 3-4 days of school seem to be activitie days and year end clean up, so we decided to go. They are talking about adding an additional hour to each day to help make up some time. Madi doesn't like that idea.

JR was scheduled to get out the 11th but that is now the 13th. Nicole doesn't get out until the 18th. It's testing week so we can't pull them for a couple days. Looking forward to seeing everyone in MA in July.

brauch

Camping Wife
We are registered to arrive 6/11 thru 6/15. Looking forward to our 2nd national rally and touring all the new rigs our friends have purchased this past year !!!

jimpav

Kind of hard to imagine a rally that will be in warm weather in a few months. My Eagle Ridge is buried in about 5 feet of snow with a Miata stored under the kingpin!. Nevertheless, Claudia and I are registered, due in June 8th. Just wondering if anyone is interested in a caravan of sorts leaving from Michigan??? We are flexible on the dates. Leaving from Holland, Michigan. (If the snow melts by then)

boatto5er

WOW! Only 34 sites remaining as of 3:20pm according to the Registration Page. My fellow Virginians better get on the ball or they may be left out in the cold... :(