Side Issue

mcady3430

My Big Country 5th wheel has been in storage for the last 3 months and when I checked on it this past weekend I found an issue with the side wall just under the slide for the bedroom. It does not look like delamination because there is no bubbling or an area I can push in. It looks more like you applied heat to it and it has sunk in between struts. Has anyone else experienced this?

Mark

mcady3430

Attachments

• image (5).jpg
    image (5).jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 91
  • image (4).jpg
    image (4).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 78
  • image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 65
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 63

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
In my non qualified opinion it looks like delamination for whatever reason.
It could have been caused by more one thing, like excessive heat or water.
Have you contacted Heartland for some input?

Peace
Dave

mcady3430

In my non qualified opinion it looks like delamination for whatever reason.
It could have been caused by more one thing, like excessive heat or water.
Have you contacted Heartland for some input?

Peace
Dave

We are waiting to hear back from them through the dealer. I don't think it is water damage since it is running horizontal, Heartland did ask if it ran up to the slide and it does not. It also has no "soft" spots on the skin were you can push in or feels loose.

Mark

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I would contact Heartland directly. Dealers are notorious for being slow in making their contacts and not following up. When you contact Heartland have the last 6 of your vin ready and some photos you can email to them.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since that area is solid and the walls are foam filled, I doubt that it is water.
I have heard of the aluminum wall stud welds breaking free from the plate causing a bulge.

Peace
Dave

Tundra2084

FYI we were told at the Goshen Rally that heat will NOT cause delamination ONLY WATER DOES so good luck proving otherwise. We have delamination behind our fridge and it occurred after a problem with the fridge icing up the fins. No rain, no water, just excessive heat behind the fridge exactly where the delamination is. Yup on our own and when we pay to get it fixed and find NO water marks heartland will be contacted. If we find that there was water we will also update and let everyone we were mistaken.

Debtramm

Our BigHorn is 3 months old and the drivers side storage door is doing the same thing. Currently have a new door on order. I posted photos earlier under the topic "what is happening here". Looks like delamination to me. We noticed it a couple of days after washing the unit.