Jensen TV - 27 inch LCD

Trey

I have the new Jensen LCD flat panel in our 2009 3300RL.

The problem we have encounterd is that after turning it off for the night, it comes back on several hours into the night? It happened 3 nights out of our last 5 night trip.

Any insight into what the problem might be? Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks, Trey

Last edited:

jpmorgan37

Do you have a cat that might be playing with the remote? Unless it has a wake up feature like I've seen in hotels, I won't venture any other guess.

John

Trey

No JP...no cat! I will check on that feature you said....I know it has sleep timer but don't know about the wake up one.

Thanks Trey

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Trey, you didn't hear about the Heartland ghost? Standard equipment in all new Big Countrys. Shoulda went for the Bighorn.:D:D:D

rjr6150

Tery we have the same TV in our 3400RL and for the last two nights has done the same thing. Tonight when we shut it off will turn the master switch off on the back before going to bed. We also have the 19" Jensen in our bedroom to date with no problems. I may have to contact Jensen tomorrow and see if they have any ideas.

flht01

Same problem

We've got the 26" Jensen and it does the same thing. I'm using the master switch until I hear back from Jensen rep's. If you find a phone number please post it. The only correspondence I was able to find was in the form of an email several days ago and no reply yet.

I've also got a 19" in the br that shows a "no signal" regardless of the settings chosen. Any tricks to the proper settings. I hooked up a smaller 15" and it worked ok so I'm fairly certain it's either the set itself or the way I have it set.

Last edited:

JimmyG

I just picked up 2009 BH 3055RL 2 weeks ago with Jensen LCD TV.....does the exact same thing.......turns on automatically whether I reset with no power from wall plug or turn off with remote!!!.......Always in middle of night......will be interested in what Jensen has to say

rjr6150

Hi Guys
The company I work for does a considerable amount of business with ASA Electronics and I called them this morning and spoke with Gino in tech support. This was the first they have heard of the problem. He will be checking with the engineers and get back to me. Their direct phone # is 800-688-3135. Once I have the answer will get back with all. I did go over everything I had done even to the point of removing the batteries from the remote.

jbeletti

We'll have a post on this and an Issue/Solution on HOOT tomorrow.

Sneak peak is: TV replacement or firmware flash - you'll have the option. Issue affects the 26" and 32" only. Current production units are okay. Details tomorrow.

jbeletti

Jensen TV Fix for "Mysterious Power-On" Issue

Jensen LCD Television

Initial Issue Date: 08-Apr-2008

Issue: Some production runs of the 26” and 32” Jensen LCD TV sets turn themselves on from an off state (19” sets are not affected).

Solution: Jensen has corrected this in current production units

If this issue is occuring with your 26” or 32” Jensen LCD TV, below is the process for getting this taken care of:

Interim Solution (present through end of April):

Work with your Heartland Dealer to have them contact ASA to arrange for the replacement of your TV set.

May 1 and going forward, do either of these 2 options:
  1. Contact ASA Customer Service at 877-845-8750 to have ASA send you a device that will allow you to flash (update) the firmware in your TV to correct the problem.
  2. Contact a Heartland dealer or service center to make arrangements for them to obtain the device, setup your appointment, bring in your trailer and have your TV’s firmware flashed (updated).

This item has been HOOTed

Trey

Thanks Jim and everyone!

After May 01 when you contact ASA be sure to have the serial number and Rev number located next to model/serial number. They will need the Rev # according to Gino to send the correct box.

Trey

GaryB

So is Jensen now the standard brand of TV in newly built Big Horns? I have one being built just about now (3055RL), and so I was wondering what brand/model I will end up with. Is Jensen considered better than the Olevia?

Thanks!
Gary

jbeletti

Hi Gary,

Yes, at this time, Jensen is the standard brand being used at Heartland for Landmark/Bighorn. Not sure have far it extends into other lines. I am watching my Jensen 32" right now. It is very nice. I think they are a bit more user friendly that the Olevia brand. Are they better? I do not know.

Hey - you need to take a weekend off and bring that new rig up to Elkhart for the RV.net rally. Can always use more Heartlanders there :) Timing ought to be about right.

ringhanger

I have noticed the same problem with my 26" unit in my 2009 3370RL that I picked up last week. I thought I did something wrong when I was going through the menu. I did a factory reset on it and turned off the 12volt antenna booster, thinking this may be causing the problem. So far (about 12 hours) it has not come back on. I will be contacting my dealer as well as ASA.

We have a 2009 3600RL Big Horn. We have the same problem with the Jensen 26 inch TV. From earlier posts, it looks like the problem was going to be corrected. Looks like we will need to contact the manufacturer as well.

rick7t7

WOW, once again I thought I was losing my mind. We have the 26" in our '09 BH 3670RL. We would turn it off, leave for dinner, come back and it would be on again. Glad I'm okay and the TV is the problem.

LeeM

HappyCamper
Jensen TV

Hi Trey,

We have a 2008 3055 Bighorn, and we've had the same problem with our TV coming on. We thought maybe it had to do with someones keylock for their truck when they park in our yard. Still can't clarify if it is until he parks there again. We moved the fifth wheel and it hasn't happened again. GHOSTLY! :confused:

Lee

Chuck Richard

Chuck and Deb

Guess I found my TV problem before they figured the flash fix. ASA sent a new TV to my dealer and I will get it replaced when I go in for some other warranty work. A flash solution would have been great but a replacement TV works also. Three week owner and even though I had a fairly long list of issues needing to be fixed still think I went with the best for the money.:D

Delaine and Lindy

The re-flash seems to have worked. We had our 32" flashed about a week ago and it hasn't came back on. Ours was the first one the dealership had done so they learned how on ours. GBY.....

Last edited:

J&B

We just got a replacement for our 26" TV. Guess what? That night the "ghost" did its thing again. What next? We're traveling and can't do anything about it at the moment. Maybe by the time we get home, and before the warrantee runs out, the problem will be solved.