Gave up on trying to sell my BC

GOTTOYS

Cancelled my ads on Craig's and will cancel my other "For Sale" ads today. I have (had) my trailer listed for sale on 5 different sites. Perfect shape, priced it almost $4,000.00 UNDER NADA LOW retail. Not a single call or inquiry in almost 3 weeks. Not one. Can't even almost give it it away. The rig I wanted to buy (sob) is gone so I have no reason to sell mine at this point. There's was listed for over 2 months before it sold in the same market. Wow, these are not easy to get rid of when the time comes....Don

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sorry to hear! I'm in Texas and get an email a week from PPL and Lazy Days wanting to buy used RVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

Sorry to hear! I'm in Texas and get an email a week from PPL and Lazy Days wanting to buy used RVs.

Seems like the market for 5th wheels is much better down south. There is about 2-300 units in my storage lot. Mostly motor homes and a few larger fivers but they are all older.. Maybe I'll try again when we go South this Winter....It took me 2 years to sell the park model I had before this one. I had to price that down to below wholesale. My rigs are always very nice and well cared for. Just a poor market here....Don

donr827

When I sold my trailer I noticed on PPL list of RVs for sale that larger 5th wheels were selling much quicker then smaller 5th wheels. Go to their web site and you can follow similar trailers like your. They start fairly high and reduce the price i believe weekly until sold.
Don

Chippendale

Last October when I purchased my Gateway and the dealer did not offer me what I thought my "old and tired" SOB was worth, I took it to PPL in New Braunfels, left it with them and never saw it again. They sold it in a month and got me almost $6,000 more than the dealer was offering in trade. Of course, I did pay them a 10% commission and a clean up fee out of that, but I was still pleased with the transaction.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The dealer that I traded our previous Landmark to still has it for sale on their lot 2 years later. Guess they can afford to leave it sit until it sells. If you can I woulld suggest PPL in Houston for a sale. They sell on consignment.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
When we traded our Trail Runner in two months ago for our new Prowler, we got less than what we wanted in trade, but a least we didn't have to deal with trying to sell it.

However, the dealership sold it two days after they put it out on the lot!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The dealer that I traded our previous Landmark to still has it for sale on their lot 2 years later. Guess they can afford to leave it sit until it sells. If you can I woulld suggest PPL in Houston for a sale. They sell on consignment.

There is also a second location in Cleburne, which is south of Dallas/Ft. Worth.

GOTTOYS

It's a pretty long haul to TX for me unless I plan to stay there for the Winter. The trailer I wanted to buy was a steal and it was for sale by owner also. Even then it took them over 2 months to sell it. I haven't seen anything close to it at the price they were asking. Super deals are few and far between on the the exact make and model I want. I doubt if there will be another to come along like it. It was a loaded, top of the line 2011 SOB priced at $20-30k less than anything comparable that I've seen anywhere. After looking pretty hard I don't know if I would want anything else. I could have bought it but it's anybody's guess how long it would take to sell mine or at what price. I just hate to take a beating and give things away. Don't want to pay storage on two of them. Pretty disappointed. I don't have too many more years where I'm going to want to pull a trailer and it would have been a good rig to leave in AZ or TX and just fly or drive back and forth for the Winter. Looks like if you aren't willing to trade yours in and take a killing from the dealer it's best just to hang on to it at least in the market I'm in...Thanks for your suggestions...Don

dlw930

We traded our 2011 Big Country in on a 2013 Landmark at PPL's Cleburne location. They would have sold it on consignment, but we didn't want to own 2 5th wheels at the same time even if they were both HLs. And we didn't want to miss out on the Goshen rally by not having a HL we could take to Goshen. We were happy with the deal overall. Love our Key Largo.

jam20ster

Just traded in a TT about a month ago. It was super clean and always stored in an enclosed cover when not used. I too took a beating on the trade. To me its just something you know thats going to happen. Only good thing about a trade is you get to dodge the taxes of the trade value. Something to think about.

GOTTOYS

Just traded in a TT about a month ago. It was super clean and always stored in an enclosed cover when not used. I too took a beating on the trade. To me its just something you know thats going to happen. Only good thing about a trade is you get to dodge the taxes of the trade value. Something to think about.
If I could have traded mine in, even at a big loss, I would have done it, but the other trailer was from a private seller also. They were getting out of RVing. ...Don

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
If I could have traded mine in, even at a big loss, I would have done it, but the other trailer was from a private seller also. They were getting out of RVing. ...Don

Perhaps that deal just wasn't meant to be for you . . .

I like to think that all things happen the way they do for a reason.

You may or may not ever know . . . but maybe this was a good thing that you didn't get that trailer!