blue indicator lights on power cord.

my power cords for gateway 5th wheel has two indicator lights on the head of the male plug. Did have both lit then noticed other day only one is lit. We still have power in rv. Checked power at the post and have 120 volts on both legs. What does this indicate?

danemayer

Hi kennyredtruck,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Since you checked the pedestal voltage on both legs, I'd guess you already think the LEDs indicate when there's power on each leg of the power cord. I'd think the same thing. So if everything is ok, maybe it just means the led isn't working.

If there's any manufacturer label for the cord, maybe you can look it up and see what the cord manufacturer says.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I didn't think Heartland was using This type of shore power cord, we bought one aftermarket, it's made by Furrion. The LEDs indicate "when power is present" according to Furrion.

I recall one time when our Portable Progressive EMS indicated one leg was missing at the post, and we noticed the one light out on the cord as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCTalley

We have that cord with our current Big Country. At one point in time I plugged into a 50 amp circuit and only one LED came on. Knowing I have a EMS, I figured I'd look at the display to see if anything was amiss. We had 120V on each of two legs. A few days later, we hooked up again and both LEDs were back on.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have that cord with our current Big Country. At one point in time I plugged into a 50 amp circuit and only one LED came on. Knowing I have a EMS, I figured I'd look at the display to see if anything was amiss. We had 120V on each of two legs. A few days later, we hooked up again and both LEDs were back on.

Malcolm, did it come with it new? I wonder if dealers are swapping around cords and you just "get what you get."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Securityman

I have a 2015 cyclone , same thing , sometimes the leds both work , sometimes just one , depends what kind of mood it's in !! 😂😂😂

Goes along with the camper , sometimes stuff works other times it doesn't , just hope for the best each trip out and bring my bag of tools !! 🙄🙄

MCTalley

Malcolm, did it come with it new? I wonder if dealers are swapping around cords and you just "get what you get."

Yes it did. However, our rig was a dealer demo for almost a year before we bought it, so who knows which cord ended up coming with it.

wdk450

From the multiple reports, this sounds like a poor LED connection inside the plug (intermittent).