50 amp power cord exposed to elements

WalkTheLine

Hi, I have my Lynx with 50 amp cord at my house plugged in and I plan on leaving it plugged in for months at a time with visitors coming and going, etc. Should I be concerned with the cord being exposed to sunlight for such a long time? Will the cord deteriorate being exposed to the elements?

Thanks!

Bob.jr

I think it would deteriorate over time. I use any good tire dressing. Seems to work for me. BTW. I'm in Florida the sun is always very strong here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

WalkTheLine

I think it would deteriorate over time. I use any good tire dressing. Seems to work for me. BTW. I'm in Florida the sun is always very strong here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Thanks! I was going to maybe run it through a conduit but tire dressing would work...didn't think of that, thanks!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have been fulltiming since 2007 and my cord is out except when I am traveling. My Bighorn is a 2008 and I have had no problems.

BC

MTPockets

Petroleum based Tire dressings will speed up deterioration. Read the label for one with no petroleum product.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
When copper was high and scrappers didn't care where they got their supply I bought one of these Camco Adapters and used an extension with the idea that it would be cheaper to replace than a shore power cord if the need came up. I bought one in 50 and 30 amp.

MTPockets

Hi, I have my Lynx with 50 amp cord at my house plugged in and I plan on leaving it plugged in for months at a time with visitors coming and going, etc. Should I be concerned with the cord being exposed to sunlight for such a long time? Will the cord deteriorate being exposed to the elements?

Thanks!
Actually, if you only need power going to the charger and lights, just get adapters and run a regular 110v extension cord. On the occasional need for A/C, pull out the 50amp cord.

Stickdog

Ours has been out 7 1/2 years that we've had the rig. Don't know about the 6 years before that though the owners were snowbirds for some of those years.