Bottom Rubber Seal on Bedroom Slide

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I have an 08 3670RL and it is out of warranty. I live 240 miles from my dealer. The bottom rubber seal on the bedroom slide is coming apart. The flap part of the seal is what is tearing off on both ends. Can the factory ship this part direct to an owner?
Or does someone have a different fix for this.

Thanks, Bill

Forrest Fetherolf

Bill,

Check to spacing between the slide bottom and lower seal for uniformity from side to side. The slide bottom could be bowed up in the middle because the slide rollers are not mounted close to the end of the slide. You may need to move the rollers out to eliminate the bow. Mine were mounted about a foot from the slide side walls causing a bow in the slide floor and the seal to pinch at each end of the slide.

Forrest

bsummit

Forrest, the rollers are about 6 inches from the end of the slide and there appears to be no bow and uniformity from side to side is good. Nothing seems to be out of adjustment or in a bind. Just appears that flap on the seal is just coming off. I don't think that it will leak when closed. I'll find out today, it's raining and looks like I'll be traveling in rain from Fay all day long.

Bill

bsummit

This is the seal flap I was talking about. Hope I can get these inserted since it's my first time to attach pic's.

Bill

Attachments

• Birds, church, Bible001.JPG
    Birds, church, Bible001.JPG
    535.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Birds, church, Bible002.JPG
    Birds, church, Bible002.JPG
    445.9 KB · Views: 109

tcbrady

You can call our parts department directly and order the parts if that is the direction you want to go. The phone # is 574-262-8030.

Good luck

Forrest Fetherolf

Bill,

Looking at your pics, the rubber wiper seal is getting caught between the slide rollers and the bottom of slide when closing slide. The reason, the seal is mounted to high or is too long, I fixed the kitchen slide by lowering the rubber seal. If you cannot lower the rubber seal, trim the leading edge slightly to eliminate contacting the slide roller. Make sure to use a lot of rubber lube or silicone on the seal to slicken it up so it will slide easier and not drag on the slide bottom.

Forrest

bsummit

Forrest I think it mounted too high and I think I can lower it which is what I will do when I get a new one.

Thanks, Bill

bsummit

I just got off the phone with HL parts and ordered the track with the wiper seal. It sure is nice that we can order parts direct from the factory for the one's that can DIY. That makes it much easier than having to take it to a dealer.
Thanks Heartland.

Bill

bsummit

Got the new wiper seal in from the factory. The one they sent was too wide and I had to cut about 1 1/2 inches off the wiper part but I was able to get it on and it sealed good. I did find the problem with it and why it was coming loose from the track. The flap was getting caught between the bottom of the slide and slide roller and it was pulling it off when the slide was being put in. I fixed that by notching the new flap about 1/4 inch to keep it from going back inward and touching the roller.