Announcing the Fall 2009 Virginia Chapter Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim & Harriet

site # email

hello again,
will you be sending a follow-up email to ask for site #'s? i received a note from another couple who will be attending but who do not access the forum. i don't know their site number.
nice to see such a great response already. None

cjhicks

Signed up for Fall Rally

We will be at the Fall Rally, Site #383. Arive Wed.the 23th, Leave Mon. the 28th. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Calvin and Judy Hicks :)

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Welcome Calvin and Judy! We're looking forward to meeting you. We're up to 12 signed up now. What a great response already. When we get up to around 15, either Hudson or I will post a list of signups so we can make sure we have everyone and all the site numbers correct.

Rdreamva

Paula and I are signed up. We are in #385. Can't get off work Thursday to come down, but leaving early morning Friday and maybe staying over till Monday. Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting some new members.

J

Jumpshot

Mary and I are sooooo looking forward to the Fall Virginia Rally in NC. We couldn't make it to the Spring Va Rally but we should be at the Fall Rally, weather permitting... hurricane season! We will call the Camp in the a.m. and get signed up. We'll be back with our site #.:eek:

J

Jumpshot

Hudson or Gus,

We're on site #390...coming in on Thurs - Sat.

boatto5er

16 rigs signed up so far! That's a terrific start. Looks like we'll probably beat our Spring Rally total. We're looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting many new friends also.

Hi all,

I'm a posting newbie here. DH Sam told me about this Rally and I was able to sign us up pretty quickly.

We're coming in on Thursday 9/24 and departing on Sunday 9/27, although we might extend that by a day and leave Monday.

We're in site #382 and we can't wait to get to know you all. We're bringing our 14 & 9 year old daughters, Kelley and Caitlin, who are homeschooled, as well as our black Standard Poodle, Zeus, who owns our RV!

We've got a raised fire pit with a screen, so you can get your fire fix at our site, as well! Come on over for S'mores prepared by real Girl Scouts!

boatto5er

Hi Chrissy,

Glad you were able to get signed up. I think we'll have a great group there. Should be loads of fun!

Gus and Debra

Hudson

Girl Scouts

We're in site #382 and we can't wait to get to know you all. We're bringing our 14 & 9 year old daughters, Kelley and Caitlin, who are homeschooled, as well as our black Standard Poodle, Zeus, who owns our RV!

We've got a raised fire pit with a screen, so you can get your fire fix at our site, as well! Come on over for S'mores prepared by real Girl Scouts!

Our daughter is a Junior in Shawnee Council. By the time the Fall Rally happens though, she will have bridged to Cadettes. She earned her Bronze Award this year!! My wife and I are both leaders of her troop. (My wife is an 01 along with another unrelated woman as required when a man is a GS Leader. I'm an 02. Yes, a man can be a Girl Scout, but the background checks are more involved -- which is a good thing I think)

She is homeschooled also ... we love A Beka.

boatto5er

Hi Everyone,

Still a ways to go until the fall rally. Lots of summer camping going on - even a couple of really long trips for a few folks. I'm sure it'll be a little quiet through the summer months, but hopefully we'll pick some energy back up as summer starts pcoming to a close.

The campground still has spots "reserved" for the fall rally until late August, but don't procrastinate too long. The sooner you get signed up up, the less you'll have to remember to do it later.

Deb and I will be making an "Ambassadorial" (is that even a word?) visit with the Pennsylvania chapter at their rally in August, so wish us luck! We're having withdrawal pains right now - we should be out on such a beautiful weekend. But, Mother's Day with the kids and grandkids trumped getting away.

Hope to see everyone soon!

Gus and Debra

Hudson

Fall Rally Activities

I am looking at a few activities for the Fall Rally that would need some advanced preparation but are also driven by interest. Would you be interested in any or all of these activities:

1. Fishing Charter. I hear the fishing there is excellent and there are several charter boats available. I don't fish so I don't know what kind of fishing they have (I might go along on the boat ride for fun). The CG has a fish cleaning area near our group of sites. I need to know how many people are interested so I can pick the right size boat(s).
  2. Catered Seafood Dinner. A seafood restaurant in the area could bring a seafood feast to our meeting hall. I don't eat fish myself but would be happy to arrange this for the group.
  3. Trip to a Seafood Restaurant. Since it will be just after the season, some restaurants will be closed. Our friend Merrin at Camp Hatteras has some pull with some of those restaurants and could arrange a group dinner for us even at the closed ones. Merrin even has access to a charter coach we could hire inexpensively to save us all from burning our diesels (plus everyone could drink with impunity too!)
  4. Catered Barbecue. North Carolina is famous for their pork barbecue. We could get a pig picker to bring a feast to our meeting hall. I'll bet if enough people are interested they could even do a whole pig right there for us. I've done this before and can tell you it is extremely tasty.
You don't have to decide now since these things can probably be set up in August sometime. But anything I can set up now (while I am planning all my summer trips anyway) is something I don't have to worry about later on (while I am on my summer trips).

If we want to do one of the dinner things we might do it Friday night so people don't have to cook right after setting up their rigs. If it turns out that one or more of these things is something that is favored by people who will all be there on Thursday night (or Sunday night), then we might do that thing on one of those nights.

BTW, Gus, would you please email this message to the chapter list? Thanks.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We have'nt made reservations yet, but will. We love the OBX and Camp Hatteras is great. The food is incredible up there so whatever everyone decides will be good with us!
Looking forward to meeting everyone.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Fall Rally Activities

Aw come on Hudson....What ya tryin to do.....

Catered seafood dinner
road trip to a seafood restaurant
catered NC barbeque

I mean really. I'm suppose to be attending a Vintage Gold Wing rally that weekend in Bedford, Virginia. Now you're planning all these GREAT food ventures....You're really tempting me to cancel the Gold Wing event and come to Hatteras!!

You know, Goldwingers ride to eat and eat to ride....of course as a camper I'm a certified member of the Locust feeding frenzy group....so this is real tempting....

Keith

boatto5er

Aw come on Hudson....What ya tryin to do.....

Catered seafood dinner
road trip to a seafood restaurant
catered NC barbeque

I mean really. I'm suppose to be attending a Vintage Gold Wing rally that weekend in Bedford, Virginia. Now you're planning all these GREAT food ventures....You're really tempting me to cancel the Gold Wing event and come to Hatteras!!

You know, Goldwingers ride to eat and eat to ride....of course as a camper I'm a certified member of the Locust feeding frenzy group....so this is real tempting....

Keith

Come on Keith,

You know you REALLY want to come down to Hatteras......

boatto5er

We have'nt made reservations yet, but will. We love the OBX and Camp Hatteras is great. The food is incredible up there so whatever everyone decides will be good with us!
Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hi,

It'll be great to have you join us! Call as soon as possible and get your site reserved. And be sure to post your Site # back here on the forum so Hudson and I can keep track of who's coming and where they'll be. We're looking forward to meeting you.

Gus and Debra

Status
Not open for further replies.