Announcing the Fall 2009 Virginia Chapter Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I dont believe that is what Terry meant either.
Sam and I are both Christians. I do believe each person ,as a christian, is responsible to God for their own decisions they make in their life.

If I can share something about Sam...She was a widow when I met her. Her late husband was an alcoholoic. It led to his suicide and almost her death. Alcohol was involved.

My condolences to Sam. I was only trying to clarify what she had said. I know she did not mean it that way. God is a forgiving God and like it has been said we all must answer for the choices we make. There are many issues with alcohol and as a former Police Officer I saw plenty of the negatives the the alcohol issue but again those issues stemmed from the choices made by the individuals involved. God Bless :p

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Christians have been drinking alcoholic beverages since at least "drink from this cup".
I was a catholic alter boy and one thing that the priests made absolutely sure of was that no wine was to be wasted.

Time to take religion out of this thread.

Hi everyone. I agree with Porthole on this. I believe it's time to get back to Rally basics. I appreciate everyone's beliefs and remarks and I am glad we are pretty well in agreement on the way we handle ourselves at our rallies.

By the way, I will be starting a new thread VERY SOON on the 2010 East Coast Rally. This will be a multi-state sponsored rally, tentatively sceduled to be held Apr 30, May 1 & 2. I have a few odds and ends to lock in but should have it all resolved over the next couple of days. Keep your eyes peeled for the announcement!

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Tracy, First I want to thank you for all the time and work you put into the rally. It seemed that everyone had a great time. The decorations and food were wonderfull at both dinners. We had plenty of planned events as well as free time to socialize or do whatever. I dont think anything could have been done any better.

As for the drinking, I dont believe that anyone got out of hand. Some of us like to have an adult beverage when we are camping, some people dont. One of the things that make living in this country so great is the fact that we are all free to do whatever we want to as long as its legal. Many men and women have died for that freedom.
The campground gave permission for us to have alcohol in the meeting hall, so it wasnt illegal.

While I understand that some people have strong opinions on the consumption of alcohol. I dont know what they would complain about. Some of us might not like iced tea, should we complain if someone else has iced tea at dinner?

Jim & Harriet

past, present and future

hi all,
I've been reading all the comments and also agree with Gus and Porthole when they suggest we get back to the basics that we all have in common - the enjoyment we get when we meet friends and camp in our Heartland RV's and all that goes with it. Jim, Max and I had a great time at the rally and are looking forward to the news of the next rally.

Last edited:

davebennington

As I see it we have beat this topic to death and it is time to move on back to rallies and/or camping items. Maybe it is time to close this thread, just a thought and suggestion.

Dave

SmokeyBare

It's been my view... if the "Comments" do not come direct from those making them... but through others... maybe even third hand...

How much credit can one give to the "Comment".

If it was important enough... they would bring them up... First Hand.

Treat them accordingly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Again... tiss just my views...

The Rally went very well. I was really happy to be a part of the Rally and all who attended. Thanks for allowing Karen and I to attend. We hope to be able to attend sometime in the future... when we're back on this side of the country.

Hudson

Thank you

Thank you all for responding about the alcohol issue. Tracy was happy to hear what everyone had to say. Everyone had a chance to speak their mind. It would appear that the people who complained about it either changed their minds or chose to remain a secret. Either way the response makes it clear that the way alcohol was handled at the East Coast Luau was the way that the majority wants it handled.

As far as closing the thread goes, I don't think rally threads should be closed until at least 30 days after the rally is over. There are other things to discuss such as recipes, pictures, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.