Announcing the Fall 2009 Virginia Chapter Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
High wind warning out tonight:eek:. Storm front coming in. Fingers crossed that it passes thru quickly. Got most stuff packed away already. Just need to mount bikes, drain tanks, put in slides, disconnect everything, and hook up tomorrow morning for the trip home:(.
Gus,
Sure hope y'all weathered the storm last night. It was blowing and spitting pretty good here "just across the border."

Keith

HowardBJr

HowardBJr
I had a great time. Thanks for all hard work that was put into planning and executing the rally.

Thanks to everyone for answering all my questions and the tips you gave me. Everyone has been very helpful in helping us decide on what 5th wheeler and options to get. Hopefully Dodge will get their heavy duty truck line up and running soon so we can then get our Augusta on order.

I cannot wait to trade in my prototype Heartland Little Horn micro ultra-light model 810 for a 2011 Augusta. I know there are some trade-offs to be make such as needing a dually. But at least when the wind is blowing 30-40 mph it doesn’t blow through the walls of the Augusta like it did on my prototype Little Horn! The first night was a bit rough. I thought for sure I was going to end up in the ocean the second night. I still don’t see how those tent poles were able to bend so far and not break.

Another Southern language lesson....

Debbie, if you want to be a true southerner or at least from the south around where we live,you need to know how to use the word,"precious" correctly.Like when someone says something stupid and you don't want them to know that you think what they said is stupid, you just say,"Now wasn"t that just precious".

And then there's that other wonderful southern nugget for the times when you are really are holding back your true feelings for the other person so you just sugar-up your voice and say "Well bless your heart!". I guess that's the northern equivalent to throwing your fingers from your throat across the underside of your chin in a scratching forward motion to get your point across. They might not know what you really mean, but you feel better!

We're packing up (I think I'm lolly-gagging to keep from leaving this lovely place by typing this post) and will be heading home in a short while.

Thanks everyone for a terrific time. I didn't get to meet everyone, but we'll talk to you all next time.

carolinachrissy

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Hi Deb,
We just read your message. SO glad you had a safe trip.
One little note... the lingo is, addressing the group... "all y'all"
Love ya!
dorothy and Eric

Jim & Harriet

thanks to all

Jim and I (and Max...) want to say "thanks" to one-and-all for making the rally such a great event. Special thanks to the G & H (and their gals)
who really spent so much of their time and energy making sure everything ran smoothly (not an easy task.)
It was great seeing the old friends who we met a the first rally and wonderful to make lots of new friends who we hope to see again at the
next get-together. Looking forward to the next time ...
I'd like to try to find the campground that was being discussed for the next site, could someone post a link to their website.
FYI we drove back to Roanoke via Rt. 58 to Danville (then north on 220) - it is all 4 lane with little traffic and just two stoplights (at the junctions
if I-95 and I-85.) It's not "fast" but it has little traffic and very stress-free.

Last edited:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We love Route 58. Travel it all the time from McKenney (son lives there) to Danville. Somehow it seems more uphill than down and you certainly won't see any fuel mileage savings. But there is alot to be said about an uncrowded 4 lane. Glad you got home safe and sound!

Eric & Dorothy, great seeing you too! Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay. Sorry we didn't stop to say goodbye but we rolled out quickly hoping to get across the Chesapeak Bay Bridge/Tunnel before the winds created a trailer ban! :eek: We made it! :D:D Hope to see all y'all real soon.

Last edited:

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
And then there's that other wonderful southern nugget for the times when you are really are holding back your true feelings for the other person so you just sugar-up your voice and say "Well bless your heart!". I guess that's the northern equivalent to throwing your fingers from your throat across the underside of your chin in a scratching forward motion to get your point across. They might not know what you really mean, but you feel better!

We're packing up (I think I'm lolly-gagging to keep from leaving this lovely place by typing this post) and will be heading home in a short while.

Thanks everyone for a terrific time. I didn't get to meet everyone, but we'll talk to you all next time.

carolinachrissy
I forgot about that one.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Gus and Debra are Home

Got here around 5:00pm. Stopped in Chesapeake and ate luch at Cracker Barrel. That place is almost impossible to find the entrance to (what a terrible sentence:eek:). You would have loved watching me turn around. It was actually quite elegant:rolleyes:. Did a quick trailer mini-clean when we got to the house (had a whole container of iced tea turn over in the refrigerator:mad:), then took it out to my son's house. Will bring it back here Fri evening for a thorough cleaning.

For Jim and Harriett. Here's the Website for Cherrystone: http://www.cherrystoneva.com/

See all ya'll soon!:D

Jim & Harriet

campground

Thanks Gus (for the site link.)

On our trip home we stopped at the 58 / I-95 junction. There is a small shopping plaza (Food Lion) and several restaurants. Lots of wide-open-space for rv's (there were three or four parked when we got there.) Easy walk to an Arby's, KFC, Hardee's, etc. Evan a grassy area dog-walk.
Also - great diesel station truck-stop.

Enjoyed your photos. I'll post a few as soon as I go through them.
H

boatto5er

Thanks Gus (for the site link.)

On our trip home we stopped at the 58 / I-95 junction. There is a small shopping plaza (Food Lion) and several restaurants. Lots of wide-open-space for rv's (there were three or four parked when we got there.) Easy walk to an Arby's, KFC, Hardee's, etc. Evan a grassy area dog-walk.
Also - great diesel station truck-stop.

Enjoyed your photos. I'll post a few as soon as I go through them.
H

We stopped there this year on the way to Myrtle Beach. Great place to get into. See you soon!

Gus and Debra

Home again!

FYI all y'all,

we rolled in around 7pm after a very relaxing trip home. Our family decided we need to get back to the Outer Banks soon to see all the things there are to see and do.

We had a problem with brakes squeaking on the way home, not knowing if it was our truck or the trailer. Once the ball hitch was released, the trailer moved back about 8", and the chocks weren't behind wheels yet - oops!

Has anyone had this type of problem with their RV? We're leaving on 10/15 to travel to Disney. Do you suggest we get those brakes checked? Does it need to be at the dealer we bought it from at Camping World in Myrtle Beach? The reason for so many questions is because it looks like I'll be taking an unplanned 5 day trip to Sacramento next week to help my Mom with some medical issues and I'm trying to coordinate the orchestration of all these tasks within 2 weeks.

Should I be looking around the H.O. forum for the "maintenance" section for advice on the brake issue?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again, Hudson and Tracy, for a terrific Rally. I have a feeling future Rally organizers have a lot of work to even come close to the planning and organizing you both put in to pull off this terrific Hawaiian Luau.

Aloha y'all

Lazydaze

Just returned from the VA Chapter Rally

Eric and I (Hallie) got back home at around 5:00 this evening after a great weekend at the VA rally in Waves, NC. This was our first time to a rally. Met some great folks. Hope to attend another one in the future.

Jim & Harriet

photos

Hi all,
On Sunday we went to the beach and watched the kite-surfers and took a few photos. Even in the rain it was fun.
It was a wonderful time and we are looking forward to learning when and where the next events will be. :angel:

Attachments

• DSCN0325.JPG
    DSCN0325.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN0338.JPG
    DSCN0338.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN0351.JPG
    DSCN0351.JPG
    431 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN0352.JPG
    DSCN0352.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN0354.JPG
    DSCN0354.JPG
    491.8 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN0304.beach panoramaJPG.jpg
    DSCN0304.beach panoramaJPG.jpg
    746.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
The Burnhams and the Walizers want to thank everyone who worked so hard to make the Rally a great one. It was our first but it won't be our last. Thanks for making our daughter and son-in-law feel so welcome. Love you guys!

famfun

2009 Fall Rally Camp Hatteras

Tim & I would like to thank all the participants in the fall rally in Hatteras for your warm hospitality. We really enjoyed talking with everyone.

We want to especially thank Hudson and Traci the Wagonmasters for putting the rally together. They spent an incredible amount of time behind the scenes; organizing, making phone calls, scheduling the rally agenda, putting welcome packages together, buying supplies and decorations (using some of their own,) and decorating the club house, which was amazing! They should go into the Event Planning business!!!

Again, thank you so much for inviting us!

Tim & Jacqueline Loen

boatto5er

A Big Thank You!

I sent this in an email to all who attended the rally, but wanted to also post this here to make sure everyone got it.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who made the Fall Rally such a huge success:

First and foremost, our Wagonmaster(s) Hudson and Tracy. They put many, many hours and a ton of "sweat equity" into making the rally an overwhelming success. They found the perfect location, worked with the campground to get the great sites, procured a terrific sponsor, arranged for a guest speaker from Heartland, got the decorations and supplies, scheduled and coordinated activities and dinners, decorated the clubhouse, worked tirelessly to keep things running smoothly, did a million things I've forgotten to list here; and all the while not knowing for sure if their trailer would be ready in time or not. What more can I say - WOW!, an absolutely fantastic job!

Deb Bylinski for printing and putting together all the name tags and magnets, and for taking the time to deliver them all the way from New Jersey.

Mike Walker for coordinating the super T-Shirt production, sales, and delivery.

Chesapeake RV Solutions, and Tim and Jacqueline Loen for sponsoring the rally, supplying prizes, answering questions, and bringing down two VERY NICE rigs for us to look at, tell all our friends about, and put on our Christmas wish lists.

Ron Dickeson, Heartland RVs East Coast Landmark and Big Horn Product Lines Representive, for donating terrific prizes, providing information on what Heartland is doing and where they are heading, and also for answering all our questions.

Jim Beletti, the Heartland Owner's Club President. Jim was unable to attend (something about a son getting married) , but he supplied some great prizes, and supplied the Heartland lanyards for the nametags.

Everyone who helped decorate the clubhouse, setup, and cleanup (a special call out goes to Kevin and Nelly Wolbeck for their assistance).

Dave Yocum, for handling Heartland Owner's Club registrations and taking the group picture.

Don Massengill and Sam Akers for building a terrific bonfire Sunday night. Sorry we couldn't get it in earlier.

And, last, but certainly not least, to all of you who attended and made the rally what is was. You guys and gals are a great bunch.

Hope I didn't forget anyone and again - THANKS!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you all (ya'll) again!

timdebs

Gus you forgot to thank yourself and Debra...excellent job, and thanks for inviting Debbie and I to join the Va Chapter and to the rally! You are stuck with us now, be it good or be it bad. Is this the longest thread on the forum?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey Gus, It was a blast working with you on this project. Funny thing is I still come home from work and check my e-mail for another "hey Deb I got another name" message.

Looking foward to working with you on the East Coast Rally - See ya'll in November.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Gus, Just like Tim said above,Thank you for inviting Renee and I to be a part of the fall rally.We really had a good time and we are looking forward to doing it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.