Announcing the Fall 2009 Virginia Chapter Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Excellent Idea!!! Thet one's right on the water so we could sit and watch beautiful sunsets together. We could call ourselves the "Interlocking Trio"

There is a very distinguished music/performing arts academy for high schoolers in Michigan called "Interlochen". When I saw your comment, that school immediately came to mind, but we would have to change the name to "Interlochen Trio". Now we have to figure out what kind of music you would be making!:D

Jim & Harriet

fall rally

this thread has really been "unravelling" :eek:

back to the main topic. last time we were at the beach (many years ago) we had a great time flying kites. do folks stilll do that?

schipperhaven

Don Ferris
We're coming to Rodanthe

Hi, folks. We are "lurkers" from Annapolis, MD who own a 2008 Bighorn 3670. Gus has us on the mailing list so we can catch up with you when we can. We haven't "joined" because we already do a monthly thing with our GS group and also travel away from the area at least 6 months a year.

That all being said, we have signed up for Rodanthe, arriving on 9/25. Merrin has us in site 391. We will be elsewhere in the area earlier that week, so we can be there before noon. We very much look forward to meeting y'all -- can't wait!

Don and Dot Ferris

boatto5er

Hi, folks. We are "lurkers" from Annapolis, MD who own a 2008 Bighorn 3670. Gus has us on the mailing list so we can catch up with you when we can. We haven't "joined" because we already do a monthly thing with our GS group and also travel away from the area at least 6 months a year.

That all being said, we have signed up for Rodanthe, arriving on 9/25. Merrin has us in site 391. We will be elsewhere in the area earlier that week, so we can be there before noon. We very much look forward to meeting y'all -- can't wait!

Don and Dot Ferris

That's terrific Don. We look forward to meeting you. I've added you to the rally list. There'll be more information coming out as we get closer to the rally.

Gus

Kashman

Mark Lawrence
Karen and I along with "The Colonel" will be there, site #393. Looking forward to it. We're one of the Maryland members.

boatto5er

Karen and I along with "The Colonel" will be there, site #393. Looking forward to it. We're one of the Maryland members.

Mark and Karen,

Thgat's great. We're looking forward to seeing you again. Looks like you got a little better site this time. Hopefully no need for the 100 ft TV cable:D.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We just spoke with Merrin and will be joining you from NJ. We will be in site 408 and arriving on the 24th.

boatto5er

That's terrific Debbie and John!:) I've added you to the attendee list. We look forward to meeting you. See you in September.

Gus

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
I believe we will meet in August at the PA Rally. Looking foward to all the fun, everywhere, with everyone!!!

hillsonwheels

Hey Wagonmaster!

Is this rally open to all Heartland owners or are you keeping all the good stuff for the VA folks? :rolleyes: We're discussing this one especially since we had so much fun the past few days at the national rally in Elkhart :D. Is there still room at the inn or were you limited on the spaces available?

Dick

boatto5er

Hey Wagonmaster!

Is this rally open to all Heartland owners or are you keeping all the good stuff for the VA folks? :rolleyes: We're discussing this one especially since we had so much fun the past few days at the national rally in Elkhart :D. Is there still room at the inn or were you limited on the spaces available? Not sure

Dick
I'll answer for our Wagonmaster. We'd love to have you join us! As far as I know, there's still "plenty of room at the inn". If you look at the first few entries in this thread, you'll see the information about the campground, how to make a reservation, etc. I know there's still a few months to go before the rally, but I recommend you get your name on the list soon. Be sure to let us know your site number and arrival date if you decide to attend. Not sure we can duplicate the excitement of the National Rally, but we plan on having a good time!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
:)We will make it to the rally. I have made reservations with Merrin to arrive Saturday 9/26 as we will already be at the Outer Banks in our timeshare the week before. Since we arrive a day late, we will stay a day longer and leave on Monday. We have been assigned site #409. Now all I have to do is find a place to park the Sundance for the week we are at the condo. Chesapeake RV Solutions to the rescue!:D
I know this rally will be as good or better than the spring rally at Misty Mountains. It will be great seeing "old" friends again, and meeting new ones. This Heartland family just continues to grow.
Talking about Heartland Family, we just returned from the Goshen rally, WOW, what fun!!! I think there were 123 Heartland 5ers from 25 States and also Canada. Great people, good food, just tons of fun. We are already planning to attend 2010 in Nashville.
We also met a a nice family from Tennessee as we were parked next to each other, and since there is no Tennessee chapter I informed them of our fall rally and extended an invitation. They are considering coming. So the Virginia chapter may also host Maryland, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, and maybe Tennessee as well. That's what I call a mini-Heartland national rally. Yoo Hoo!!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.