Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hot Water Presure - LOW

1. Print this Post   #1

Hot Water Presure - LOW

I have a 2009 PineHurst and it's just past the 1 year mark in age. My hot water pressure has went south. I have great cold water pressure but the hot water pressure is very low. What's your take on this problem?? I have used a water filter from day 1 which I have changed out on a regular basis. I do have HOT water but like I said - LOW pressure on the hot side.
    I appreciate your thoughts.
    BTW we are full timers...
    Ron

Rat, Ret & Met
    Ten Mile, Tennessee
    2009 Landmark PineHurst
    2005 GMC 3500 Dually
    Duramax & Allison

2. Print this Post   #2
    Original Owners Club Member jmgratz's Avatar

Have you changed the anode in the water heater lately? Just a thought. It should be changed at least once a year.
    Jim & Sheila Gratz - owners club #1018 Workamping as Sales Associate with SE Publications Certified RV Walk-through Technician [/I] 2013 Landmark San Antonio - full body paint - Fulltimer pkg, Yetti pkg etc., Mor-Ryde IS with never lube bearings and disc brakes. --previous 5er - 2007 "Classic" Landmark "Golden Gate" Replaced 9/20/13 2012 Ford F350 King Ranch Crew Cab fx4 dually, 6.7 L Husky Trailer Saver TS2 hitch "visit TEXAS - it's like a whole 'nuther country" Rally Site 414

3. Print this Post   #3

A couple things come to mind here. Have you checked the bypass valve to be sure it is all the way in the normal use position. It's possible that you have a kinked hot water line from the heater, but not likely. And on Jims train of thought, have you flushed the water heater when checking or changing the anode rod.
    Let us know what the final cure turns out to be.

Peace
    Dave
    Dave and Mary
    and C. J.
    2011 Bighorn 3585RL

2013 RAM 3500, CC, DRW, Aisin
    Heartland Owners Club
    Member #1026

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

4. Print this Post   #4

Problem solved

Problem solved. RVIA certified mechanic fixed the problem in about 10 minutes. The valve (backflow) was sticking mostly shut which restricted the flow. Unfortunatly it cost me about $70 to find that out. So donations will be accepted.. LOL
    Hope this helps someone out in case you have the same problem.

Rat, Ret & Met
    Ten Mile, Tennessee
    2009 Landmark PineHurst
    2005 GMC 3500 Dually
    Duramax & Allison

5. Print this Post   #5

I had to replace the check valve as well. mine was stuck open, so I could not winterize the system when we left on vacation in March. I installed a brass ball valve, so now I am sure that it is open or closed, and it flows better now.
    Alan, Sandy, and 2 Corgis, Molly and Baxter

6. Print this Post   #6

Where is the checkvalve located?
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD D/A LTZ
    2009 Sundance 2900MK

7. Print this Post   #7

It is located on the output of the water heater. it is a 1/2" NPT fitting and being plastic they strip and break easily.

8. Print this Post   #8

Thank you for the information. I now realize that I was confused and thought that the check valve was something different from the bypass valve.
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD D/A LTZ
    2009 Sundance 2900MK

9. Print this Post   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Duramax1 View Post
    Thank you for the information. I now realize that I was confused and thought that the check valve was something different from the bypass valve.
    The check valve is different than the bypass valve, if I am understanding your terminology correctly. The check valve is on the top back of the water heater and keep fluid from flowing back into the heater. The bypass valve will control whether or not fluid is allowed into the the heater input at the bottom of the heater, and can redirect fluid to the hot water system without passing through the heater.

My check valve stuck open, so when I would winterize, antifreeze flowed into the output of the heater and began draining out since the plug/anode rod was out: otherwise I would have just filled the heater with antifreeze.

10. Print this Post   #10
    Past Heartland Ambassador kakampers's Avatar

Well, our luck finally ran out! Not complaining though...two years of constant use and no problems with leaks...until today! Crap happens!

Went to get something from cargo bay on roadside...noticed large amount of water in center of cargo floor. Emptied bay, removed panels and noticed water had been leaking, apparently from bottom of water heater at the inlet. Looked rusty and platform it sits on was wet. Went to investigate, and while moving the water lines attached at back of water heater...it suddenly started spraying water from top connection where the check valve is installed, which is directly above where we first saw water.

We realized that the plastic check valve was leaking...but here's the BIG problem...DH went to remove the check valve...it snapped off, leaving half of it stuck in the threads of the water heater...UUGGHHH!!

So now he's out trying to find a replacement valve, hopefully metal...and an easy out to try and remove the rest of the valve without damaging the threads...

What's the point of this post...to let everyone know...if you need to replace that check valve...BE VERY CAREFUL!
    Ken & Kathy - H.O.C. #1077
    '17 GMC 3500HD Denali 4WD DRW Long Bed w/Nav, Sunroof, Curt 24Q, WIFI, Sprayed liner, Deep Ruby Metallic!
    '2013 Landmark Key Largo, Fullbody Paint and virtually every option PLUS Mor Ryde IS and Disc Brakes - Our Dream Coach!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast