Heartland Volunteers in the Volunteer State at a Food Bank

dieselsweetheart

Jim, are we going to collect items at the rally? Who is going to be in charge of that? Jim and I can help with the collected food....since we won't be getting in until Wednesday and missing the work at the warehouse...but we can help at the other end. We will need to get boxes for folks to put their donations in.

navyAZ1

If you still need volunteers Ann and I are more than willing to help. I am limited for the next few weeks to only being able to pick up 15 lbs due to my neck surgery but I can pick up one food item at a time.

See Ya at the Rally,

Ron & Ann Parrish

GETnBYE

We won't be there in time, but I already have my food donations packed.
Yes, I'm already packing!
Nita

Hey folks,

Thank you, thank you! We have all the volunteers we need for the Food Bank food sorting project on Wednesday morning. We also have 10 alternates.

Kimball and Alice Gillette are the volunteer coordinators for this event and she will let the Alternates know if they are needed. For the 10 alternates we have now, thank you! Please assume you will not be needed unless you hear from the Gillettes.

The Food Bank is not setup to handle more than 35 volunteers.

I would like perhaps Alternates 1 and 2 to go with the group in the event that:

• Someone needs to take a break
  • Someone takes ill
  • Someone gets hurt (heaven forbid)
I'd also like Alternates 1 and 2 to snap some pictures of the group doing their work, then get those pictures to our Rally Photo Coordinator, Duane Clause (porthole) and Duane will select from among them to put on the Rally album on the Heartland Owners Gallery.

Thanks everyone.

Jim

Jim, are we going to collect items at the rally? Who is going to be in charge of that? Jim and I can help with the collected food....since we won't be getting in until Wednesday and missing the work at the warehouse...but we can help at the other end. We will need to get boxes for folks to put their donations in.

Hey Cheryl - you know you don't have to ask me twice :) You're hired as the On-site (KOA) Food Drive Coordinator. I'll be in touch via email. Thank you!

Jim

Kimball and Alice Gillette have done a great job making personal on-site contact here at the KOA with everyone they could find that had signed up as volunteers for the Food Bank in the morning.

Thank you Gillettes and thank you volunteers. Travel safe to the Food Bank, work hard and safe. Enjoy your experience.

Jim

jimtoo

Has there been a plan or place determined to turn in the food we are donating? Or time to haul it someplace?

Hey guys - here's a video posted by Jenn Stott, Manager at the Nashville KOA. It's all the volunteers heading out of the KOA on their way to Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee.

Thank you all for volunteering your time to Nashville and for showing your Heartland hearts.

Jim

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Way to go Heartlander's. We are all proud of you for your service to those in need and appreciate what you have done!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
The statistics. 6 Fords, 6 Dodges and 1 Chevy. We went earlier so that would have made 2 Chevys. What does this prove? I have absolutely no idea. Just food for fodder.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
The statistics. 6 Fords, 6 Dodges and 1 Chevy. We went earlier so that would have made 2 Chevys. What does this prove? I have absolutely no idea. Just food for fodder.

Ray.... Its because the Dodge an Fords are hard to start if not driven everyday.....Kenny

dieselsweetheart

You guys looked awesome...even the Chevy haha.... Trukie I wondered where you were....disguised as a Dodge huh? How was the ride?

truknutt

Committed Member
Strangely reminded me of riding in my old FIAT wagon in Italy; except for the exhaust brake! I tried to duck down but there wasn't alot of leg room to work with!!