Finally able to put 54 gallons of water into my heartland 2800rl

JASMAR

Have Camera Will Travel
The dealer first attempt cleared the Vent Line and was able to fill the tank. Next trip, could not get more that 17 gallons in, 1/3 tank, monitor showed 1/3. Did not hear air coming out of the vent hole. Got home and drained the Fresh water tank into a 5 gallon bucket, resulted in only draining 17 gallons and tank was empty.

Call Heartland and they authorize the dealer to remove the Underbelly cover, the filer hose was kinked and sagging. Solution unkinked filer hose and the tied the hose up to under carrage to eliminate sag.

Now when fill the tank, I can hear lots of air venting out the vent hole and able to fill the tank all the way to 54 gallons. Drain some out and the monitor reads accordingly.

After all that, I guess I should go dry camping sometime:) Mainly wanted to make sure that I can fill the fresh water and know how much I have in there. We normall fill it between a 1/3 and 2/3s for most trips.

I hope this helps some one.

PS in another post: the underbelly was removed once before to clamp and securely attach the filer hose to the tank, it was not clamped or sealed from the factory, resulting in water running out the underbelly cover during our second trip. One thing we learned if you turn off your main water line, turn on you water pump and it does not make noise, and you have water leaking from your underbelly, most likely is not the water line leaking. If it were leaking the water pump would start pumping. Therefore, assuming it is clear water and not gray or black tank water, most likely it is a leaks somewhere between the filer cap and the freshwater tank.

Again hopefully some will find this information useful.

JASMAR

buckeyebob

had exactly the same problem with 09 sundance!check your underbelly and make sure dealer didnt cut it to gain acsess,mine did and taped it up.now it sags and i have to retape it all the time.dealer is out of business of course buckeyebob