No - the Cyclone line is NOT being discontinued

ricatic

I am working on a business expansion that may make a trade from my Big Horn 3055RL to a toy hauler a good idea. I stopped by a General Trailer location yesterday and asked about the Cyclone. The salesman said "do not have any left and Thor has discontinued their manufacture". He also said that the resources were being used to widen the Road Warrior line.

Has anyone else heard this story?

Just for fun, I asked him if my 2011 Ford 6.7 SRW CC SB could handle a 40 foot toy hauler. He said maybe...it would be better than a 6.0 but not as good as a 7.3. Credibilty issue from that point forward

Regards

Lynn1130

Re: Is the Cyclone line being discontinued?

Might ask this question in the "Ask The Factory" section and see what you get. I am interested.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator

I just read THIS ARTICLE through the link on the Portal page. I can't imagine Thor/Heartland dropping a trailer that's a good seller. Keep in mind, I don't have first hand info.

gpshemi

General RV doesn't sell Cyclone's. They sell Road Warriors. (GMC / Chevy thing that avoids competing with other local dealers)
By telling you they're discontinuing Cyclones, he solidifies his sales of his Road Warriors.

FWIW...I've never known GRV to know exactly what they're talking about.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

If it is true, I would have to ask HL why...but I doubt it is true.

But things like this absolutley disgust me. Not only have you found out that the salesman is a lier for his own benefit, it is also very clear that he doesn't think much of the integrity of his potential buyers either. Sometimes I think sales people think the buying public are all idiots and that we will believe anything that is told to us. Anyone that would lie to someone else for their own monetary benefit does not deserve the time of day from me.

Thanks for sharing this. In my on again off again search for a new fifth wheel, I will stay clear of this place.

u243412

Whenever I log into the "Ask the Factory" forum - all I hear is birds chirping in the distance; and the odd Ka-Ka from a crow.
Good luck though. lol

trackeer

Interesting subject, to bad as our Cyclone is growing on me, it really is hers, lololol
Let me help you with your Towing Question, Ford does have a link for Towing Rating's and the long and short of it is "NO" if you follow Ford's guide lines, with 3.31/3.55 Gears your Tow Rating is 15,7K 4X4 and 16K 2X2, your 40' Trailer will have a GVW around 18K, where as my 2011 F350 DRW SC LB is rated for 21,800, I ordered this truck with intentions of Towing a BIG load as well as in Bed Pay-Load, the only area I agree with your salesperson is regards to the previous Ford Fiasco of a diesel motor, I traded my 09 6.0 for the 2011 and wow, much improved, there is no question the 7.3 is a good motor for the day but it's days were done for numerous reasons, emmisions being one and freaking loud the other, lol.
I would not be surprised to see Heartland make changes to the product line, Thor is a BIG company and you can be assured they are reviewing the best way to maximize their product lines and minimize duplicates in the product offerings, How many Toy Hauler's does one company need to offer.

Good Luck

Moe in NH

trackeer

Whenever I log into the "Ask the Factory" forum - all I hear is birds chirping in the distance; and the odd Ka-Ka from a crow.
Good luck though. lol

ROFLMAO;

I think I hear the same thing, so I don't even bother going in...................must be that, Silence is Golden thing.

ricatic

Moe

I absolutely knew the answer before I asked the question. I was curious to see if the dope would tell me "heck yeah, any diesel can pull that little trailer". I, too came out of a 6.0 powered truck. If the work I am looking at comes through and I decide to go toy hauler, my new 2011 F350 SRW Lariat CC SB FX4 will become a 2012 F350 Dually CC 4x4 Lariat with all the goodies.

Thanks for the help though...

Regards

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Moe

I absolutely knew the answer before I asked the question. I was curious to see if the dope would tell me "heck yeah, any diesel can pull that little trailer". I, too came out of a 6.0 powered truck. If the work I am looking at comes through and I decide to go toy hauler, my new 2011 F350 SRW Lariat CC SB FX4 will become a 2012 F350 Dually CC 4x4 Lariat with all the goodies.

Regards

Wait a minute. How did this turn into yet another TV thread??

Last edited:

trackeer

Moe

Regards

LOLOLOL,

My 2011 is loaded to the hilt Lariet with the new two tone style leather and the Pearlish White Exterior, the 6.7 has no issues hauling my 3814 up the highway lopping along at 65 and turning 3K RPM, took some time and decided the upcharge to a F450 wasn't worth the upcharge for the minor difference in capabilities.
Anyway's goodluck with your adventure, we are pleased with our Cyclone and it garners many complements where we've taken the beast, and as beastly as it is and this being our first RV I must say it trailers nice.

Good Luck

Moe in NH

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance

Who ever told you that was lying. Cyclone is the #1 selling toy hauler in North America not to mention the #9 selling fifth wheel in North America. Cyclone is here to stay and is not going anywhere! We continue to grow at a rapid pace and dominate the market place with both product lines, because of the unique floor plans and features that they both have.

ricatic

Who ever told you that was lying. Cyclone is the #1 selling toy hauler in North America not to mention the #9 selling fifth wheel in North America. Cyclone is here to stay and is not going anywhere! We continue to grow at a rapid pace and dominate the market place with both product lines, because of the unique floor plans and features that they both have.

The tale was told by a salesman at one of the General RV locations. I specifically wanted to see a CY3800 if possible. As we walked through the showroom I asked about Cyclone. As stated earlier, the General RV salesman told me they had none in stock because "Thor" had taken over Heartland and "Thor" killed the Cyclone line because "Thor" wanted to concentrate on the broadening of the Road Warrior line of toy haulers.

I have never been a big fan of this retailer. I was in the neighborhood so I thought I would have a look. I understand the salesman's attempt to sell something but to outright lie about the Cyclone discontinuation crosses ethical lines.

Regards

trackeer

WOW ,

I guess Cyclone is here to stay, my wife will be happy to hear that :D, lololol
We were on the verge of buying a Open Range Rolling Thunder here in NH, nice RV and like Heartland Innovative, but the long and short of it the salesman said my 2009 F250 6 Litre would haul the 40+ foot camper no Problems, were Newbies, after leaving a DP we came home looked up the numbers and said WOW, he not only lied but he really lied. cancelled said order did a Truck re-evaluation and here we are, No Open Range and a New Truck and a Cyclone.
I hold no Grudges, he saved me money and I got more camper and paid less than had I bought that Open Range!!!

Moe in NH.

gpshemi

I've worked with General RV more than once, and I have yet to have a perfect experience really. It's a bit of a haul, but head over to Lakeshore RV. Although I ultimately didn't buy from them because it wasn't in stock, I would have in a minute. Nice folks over there.

ricatic

I've worked with General RV more than once, and I have yet to have a perfect experience really. It's a bit of a haul, but head over to Lakeshore RV. Although I ultimately didn't buy from them because it wasn't in stock, I would have in a minute. Nice folks over there.

I bought my 3055RL from Gillette Interstate RV. They are a sister company to Lakeshore and a few other RV retailers. If I make the move, I will be ordering it from Gillette, after doing some shopping around the web.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

If I were in you shoes I would make a call or a visit to the Sales Manager and owners office and inform them how the salesman flat out lied to you and that you would not want to do business with a dealership that employs that type of people.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

I agree with Jim. How can a manager/owner find out how his employees are treating customers unless someone tells them. Besides that, they might just give you a better deal on a trailer.

adam

My wife and I certainly can attest to the overall purchase experience at Lakeshore RV. These folks have their priorities straight - customer service #1.

We purchased our 2012 3800 there 2 weeks ago and it was such a pleasure doing business with them.
In my opinion word will spread quickly enough about dealerships that use the wrong tactics to relieve us of our hard earned money! And of course those places that respect buyers and understand the buying process from a consumers standpoint will rise to the top.

BarneyFife

Good luck though. lol

"Cricket, cricket"

Great line u243412. I feel the same way.