Cyclone, upgrade light switch to paddle style like came in living room slide out

Miltp920

We liked the paddle switch that came in liv room slide, and wanted same paddle switch in bathroom and bedroom. Pics show details. This was easy to do. 1499-1.jpg1501-1.jpg1500-1.jpg1496-1.jpg1559-1.jpg1498-1.jpg1560-1.jpg

alex00

I'd like to do this to my Cyclone, as well. Did you pick the switches up locally, or order online?

ParkIt

Been doing some online shopping for the same thing. I'm too used to paddle switches in the house so when I'm in the 5er, I keep trying to just touch a switch and not push on it. Thanks for the pictures, been wondering approximately how much room on a smaller wall (like your bath area) it would take and how it would look.

Now to find pancake lights by the dozen for cheap... :)

Miltp920

We got them from our dealer. Had to send them a picture. They came from Keystone. I think they were about $10 each. We bought ours through Petes RV, Schererville, Indiana. They would have a record of my order. Milton Paquette. This is like for like to slide switch.
I'd like to do this to my Cyclone, as well. Did you pick the switches up locally, or order online?

alex00

Cool, thanks, Milton. I'll call my dealer and see. If they can't I'll give your guy a call. I couldn't find black ones online, just the white ones. Mine are all black in my unit, so I know they exist.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I went the residential way as well. They are DC but that does not matter. You can use an AC switch for DC with out issue. You can not use a DC switch for AC. I added a set of switches for the outside light and the LR lights in my Cyclone.

gpshemi

You just have be sure the amperage is ok still is all. In my case it's only one light in a bathroom. Amps are low. Use the good switches and not the cheapo $1 version and the worse that will happen is it'll fail in the open position.

Miltp920

That is good info. And I learn again, something about my TH. I love this site. Thanks again ALL who are willing to share your experiences.

I went the residential way as well. They are DC but that does not matter. You can use an AC switch for DC with out issue. You can not use a DC switch for AC. I added a set of switches for the outside light and the LR lights in my Cyclone.