12 Foot garage not 12'! Polaris RZR XP 4 1000 will not fit!

mhays

Yes. I leave a little tranny jack in the garage, which is easy to use too, but either way as you go up with one end you shorten the length (basic geometry). The other issue is, the bed which is inside the trailer and above the front half of the garage limits the interior garage ceiling hight. You can go up, until, the roll bar hits the ceiling. Ramps work but then you are at a fixed and unadjustable height.

I had your same problem. I knew the 1000 4 wouldn't fit before I bought it and debated buying a 900 instead but I wanted the 1000.

So this was my fix.

I made he extension 18" long so I have a little extra for bumpers in the future.

It bolts to the back frame so I can remove it if needed.

I had the same problem fitting a 2014 Maverick Max which measures 12'2" into the cyclone 3800 which advertises a 12' garage. The garage was actually 11'7". I solved the problem by lifting the two sliders off of the track and placing them on top of the bed in the toyhauler section. I then leave the door open for the half bath and just pull in with one tire going into the bath and the other into the slider opening. When I get to my location I just place the slider back on the track and everything if fine. I had to remove a few screws that secured one section of the slider and have left them off for easy removal. Takes 3 minutes to get ready to pull the maverick in.

scottyb

I had your same problem. I knew the 1000 4 wouldn't fit before I bought it and debated buying a 900 instead but I wanted the 1000.

So this was my fix.

I made he extension 18" long so I have a little extra for bumpers in the future.

Now that is pure mechanical genius. Does it change the weight distribution?

TX_Clay

So this was my fix.

Does it effect your ride any? Extra weight at the back of the RV equals lighter pin weight as well.
I am assuming that it bolts to where the ramp locks were?
Pretty interesting add-on, give you an A+ for ingenuity.
Looks really good.

RoadJunkie

Super nice mod! I think you have inspired the concept of a garage slide out. Quick...call the patent office.

Does it effect your ride any? Extra weight at the back of the RV equals lighter pin weight as well.
I am assuming that it bolts to where the ramp locks were?
Pretty interesting add-on, give you an A+ for ingenuity.
Looks really good.

The original plan was to use the holes where the locks and hinges were but I felt the metal was to thin so I drilled new holes in between the existing holes and through bolted it. The new holes will be covered by the hinges and door locks if they were bolted back on. But I did add 6 new holes on top nothing I could do about it.

I just put it on on Friday so not sure how it will affect towing but coming from my shop to the house about 10 miles I didn't notice a difference. I'm leaving for Dumont in the morning so we shall see how it does. I'm not concerned about pin weight there is enough stuff in the trailer that I have plenty. I have never weighed it so I can't give before and after weights but I plan to soon. Just not sure I want to know.

jeffdee

I really, really like this design. It blends well with the original construction of the sides of the TH. I think you did an excellent job with this modification. From the photos the construction of the extension looks to be very strong and rigid. When you get back could you give a little more detail to the fabrication, materials and overall weight?

Congrats on your project!

So this was my fix.

How much weight did this add to the trailer? I have a two axle so not as much play with weight.

Thanks