What did you do to your camper today?

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
I thought about the bolts for the old steps not wanting to come off as well so I gave the four bolts and two screws on the old steps a blast of WD40 a few days before I did our GloStep replacement.

They all spun right off without issue and no skinned knuckles!

Which is more than I can say about yesterdays project on my car . . . changing out an oxygen sensor on the exhaust manifold.

Just a 'For Your Information' I have found that 'Kroil' is great at penetrating rusted on fasteners and 'Mouse Milk', yes 'Mouse Milk' is the best thing to loosen heated and/or exhaust related items (it is used as the lubricating oil on Turbocharger Waste Gates). I used to get it from Aircraft Spruce but now Amazon has it. So, if anyone is a mechanic like myself, those two items are great 'lube box' mainstays.

DougS

Doug S
I added two wire basket drawers to the top shelf in the laundry closet. I was unable to reach most items without a stepping stool. With the drawers installed, I can now reach everything without a stepping stool. The drawers were a perfect fit and only took 3 minutes to install.

Attachments

• IMG_3347.jpg
    IMG_3347.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_3348.jpg
    IMG_3348.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 149

Dennyha

Over the weekend, I installed the MorRyde SRE4000 Suspension system on my Cyclone 3010. Except for braking off a grease zerk, and getting a wrong part for the cross member, it was not too difficult. The grease zerk was my fault. I'll have to replace one of the wet bolts. I'm sure MorRyde will fix me up on the cross member.

IMG_1192.jpg

I also installed the MorRyde Rubber Pin Box in place of the Lippert 1621HD that came standard on my Cyclone. I like it alot, except that I can't position the RPB in the highest set of holes like I could for the Lippert. This adds approximately 1-1/2" to the height of the nose of the camper. My highest point is 13'-2" (just measured it after installing the RPB and the SRE4000, and the difference in height from the front of the camper to the back is 2" (26" to skirt in front, and 24" to skirt in back). I'd like to get level, but I don't think I'm too far off of level at this point.

Bones

Over the weekend, I installed the MorRyde SRE4000 Suspension system on my Cyclone 3010. Except for braking off a grease zerk, and getting a wrong part for the cross member, it was not too difficult. The grease zerk was my fault. I'll have to replace one of the wet bolts. I'm sure MorRyde will fix me up on the cross member.

View attachment 50610

I also installed the MorRyde Rubber Pin Box in place of the Lippert 1621HD that came standard on my Cyclone. I like it alot, except that I can't position the RPB in the highest set of holes like I could for the Lippert. This adds approximately 1-1/2" to the height of the nose of the camper. My highest point is 13'-2" (just measured it after installing the RPB and the SRE4000, and the difference in height from the front of the camper to the back is 2" (26" to skirt in front, and 24" to skirt in back). I'd like to get level, but I don't think I'm too far off of level at this point.

Nice. Looks good. This is on my list of things to do.

dlw930

The same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. I was greasing all the wet bolts after installing them and torquing them to spec. I was pulling the grease gun nozzle off one of the zerks when the threads broke off about 1/8" back into the bolt head. I tried unsuccessfully to get the embedded section extracted. I looked all over Houston and couldn't find a stepped wet bolt the right length. I finally emailed MorRYDE and they sent me a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nuclearcowboy

Finally completed putting together water filter system for our Bighorn. On left is a poly block pre-filter, on right is carbon block filter. Starting with a 5 micron carbon filter, but I also bought a 1 micron carbon block filter as well. Finally, but not least, a decent regulator set at 45 psig. Made a "box" to support the units out of a Sterite container which seems to work well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 107

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Nice. Looks good. This is on my list of things to do.

Have you towed with the SRE 4000 yet? Please tell us what difference it makes.

We are going to let MorRyde install in Goshen, mainly because we don't have the time, tools or place to do it where we are currently living. (We have done similar work on a previous coach, so know what's involved.)

Bones

We are going to let MorRyde install in Goshen, mainly because we don't have the time, tools or place to do it where we are currently living. (We have done similar work on a previous coach, so know what's involved.)

Hi Erika,
I think this was meant for Dennyha.​ I don't have the suspension system yet.

Dennyha

Erica,
I took the camper for a short drive after the install to verify that everything was OK, but none of the roads were rough, so can't say that I noticed a real difference. Hopefully we'll get a chance to give it a better test soon.

CDN

B and B
Last Saturday I towed my new Bighorn 3715 EL home. A 2 1/2 drive down 2 lane roads, bumps and RR Tracks. I am amazed how the suspension on the Bighorn works. Shocks and LRE 3000 MorRyde as well. With the Sidewinder pin box i was able to negotiate my HOA storage lot spot easily. We spend the rest of Saturday loading up the inside and found we still have many empty cupboards. Loaded up the basement on Sunday with all my tools, grill, Campfire in a Can, 20 lbs propane, chairs and extra AC lines etc. I weighed all items before going in. Once we pack clothes, food, GMG Smoker etc I figure we might have 1200 lbs of contents total! Even with my cast iron collection for cooking on the fire.

I had a quick look behind the access door in the basement, impressed compared to my old Fiver and TT on cleanliness and Coax Connection properly crimped!

Planning the start of mods, Progressive EMS install, water softener install plumbing, 12 volt power in Docking Station for Sat Dish, HDMI routing and infrared remote control for outdoor TV to start.

Brian

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
79720380d6e9f81c8a29579682cfbc69.jpg

I got our new Glowstep Revolution steps installed. It took about 20 min, and my wife is a very happy camper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tool958

I got our new Glowstep Revolution steps installed. It took about 20 min, and my wife is a very happy camper.

We just installed a set on ours too. Very sturdy feeling without any rocking using them. If they weren't so danged high, we'd have a set on the back door too. Really like them.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Yesterday I moved the little locking pin and C-Clip to the other side of the steps as I kept skinning my knuckles on the yellow marking light.

Looks like you might have the same issue . . .

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Received and unpacked my early birthday present
c0ce818161783f45a770c5b6436a4056.jpg
a641f6ea89f7bbcbd13c41bea6ee5f9c.jpg

Last edited:

mlpeloquin

Just a 'For Your Information' I have found that 'Kroil' is great at penetrating rusted on fasteners and 'Mouse Milk', yes 'Mouse Milk' is the best thing to loosen heated and/or exhaust related items (it is used as the lubricating oil on Turbocharger Waste Gates). I used to get it from Aircraft Spruce but now Amazon has it. So, if anyone is a mechanic like myself, those two items are great 'lube box' mainstays.

Thank you for the information. I just guaranteed I will never need to break rusted bolts and screws again. Ordered Mouse Milk and Kroll.