What did you do to your camper today?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Bought our replacement Oxygenics shower head at Lowes. Rated at 1.75 g/minute I think. Works great!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Bought our replacement Oxygenics shower head at Lowes. Rated at 1.75 g/minute I think. Works great!!!

I think the RV versions of the Oxygenics are a little different than the shower heads for the home (I could be wrong, though).

My understanding is that the RV Oxygenics have a water saving feature that increases the water force while using less water.

As we all know . . . RV showers are not known for good water pressure.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think the RV versions of the Oxygenics are a little different than the shower heads for the home (I could be wrong, though).

My understanding is that the RV Oxygenics have a water saving feature that increases the water force while using less water.

As we all know . . . RV showers are not known for good water pressure.

I do know the Oxygenics RV models come with the water cut-off valve/button on them, which is needed if you are trying to limit your water consumption in the shower.

travelin2

I do know the Oxygenics RV models come with the water cut-off valve/button on them, which is needed if you are trying to limit your water consumption in the shower.

Yes and a household shower head doesn't have the valve but one can be added (done). Everyone replaces faucets with household faucets from wherever so the argument that RV shower heads related to pressure/flow are special is mute. Pressure and amount of flow are predetermined by the source and any constrictions inline or with the end appliance itself.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Does this shower head really make a difference? And can I just buy the one at lowes and use it in the camper? LOWES

I purchased an Oxygenics head a while back. What I learned is that some (at least mine) holders in the rigs can't handle the weight of it and will continuously droop while using. Wife also did not like the force of the spray. So I took it home and installed it in my shower stall and put an older Teledyne low flow head I had there in the trailer. Gentler spray and the head stays where I put it.

So, to answer your question, it depends on how well the holder in your rig will "lock" in place to handle the weight of a larger shower head.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I purchased an Oxygenics head a while back. What I learned is that some (at least mine) holders in the rigs can't handle the weight of it and will continuously droop while using. Wife also did not like the force of the spray. So I took it home and installed it in my shower stall and put an older Teledyne low flow head I had there in the trailer. Gentler spray and the head stays where I put it.

So, to answer your question, it depends on how well the holder in your rig will "lock" in place to handle the weight of a larger shower head.

That was one thing I was thinking about . . .

The RV Oxygenics comes with the RV wall mount and I'll bet the Home Depot and Lowe's home version does not.

I tried to use the shower head hold that was already on the wall in the Prowler, but the Oxygenics didn't fit very well and kept falling out with the camper not even moving.

Here is mine installed with the Oxygenics wall mount:

ProwlerOxyShwrHead-P3160573.jpg

JohnDar

That was one thing I was thinking about . . .

The RV Oxygenics comes with the RV wall mount and I'll bet the Home Depot and Lowe's home version does not.

I tried to use the shower head hold that was already on the wall in the Prowler, but the Oxygenics didn't fit very well and kept falling out with the camper not even moving.

Here is mine installed with the Oxygenics wall mount:

View attachment 51084

Your mount is similar to a residential one. The one in our rig slides up and down on a pole, with the holder able to rotate. It just would not stay put for long. I didn't want to drill holes in the plastic shower surround for that type of mounting. Probably would not have been very secure, either.

Nbomar

So can you have lower pressure? My toddlers aren't going to like getting sprayed with high pressure. I thought it was adjustable??

JohnDar

So can you have lower pressure? My toddlers aren't going to like getting sprayed with high pressure. I thought it was adjustable??

Don't know if they've changed them since we bought it, but the only selection was on/off by turning the base of the wand. Part of the problem with the wife's sensitivity may have been due to the relative close proximity of the head in the trailer's shower stall versus the higher mountings in our home showers.

travelin2

Pressure is pressure. All that can adjusted is flow at the faucets

travelin2

Here's ours. 4 spray settings. 1.75g/m. Has ridden 30K miles in the 3010 and now 11K miles in the 3270. Stock mount/holder. More than adequate flow. My pressure regulator is set at 50 psi. If the hydrant doesn't provide 50psi we get what we get. I never open either side of the faucet 100%. Added a small shutoff if we're dry camping and water management comes into play. I'm satisfied with its performance. IMO Just because it's in an RV doesn't mean you have to buy something labeled for an RV.
23b979966007c5260cfcbdd0da24cdfb.jpg

Bones

Here's ours. 4 spray settings. 1.75g/m. Has ridden 30K miles in the 3010 and now 11K miles in the 3270. Stock mount/holder. More than adequate flow. My pressure regulator is set at 50 psi. If the hydrant doesn't provide 50psi we get what we get. I never open either side of the faucet 100%. Added a small shutoff if we're dry camping and water management comes into play. I'm satisfied with its performance. IMO Just because it's in an RV doesn't mean you have to buy something labeled for an RV.
23b979966007c5260cfcbdd0da24cdfb.jpg

Where did you get the small shut off valve at the bottom of the shower head. Ours is built into the head

travelin2

Where did you get the small shut off valve at the bottom of the shower head. Ours is built into the head

Local hardware store here at home. I buy a lot of small hard to find stuff from them