What did you do to your camper today?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Where did you get the small shut off valve at the bottom of the shower head. Ours is built into the head
Dave, the valve on the head probably unscrews for removal.
You should be able to get a turn valve from a vendor in the Marketplace at the rally in Goshen.

Peace
Dave

Bones

Dave, the valve on the head probably unscrews for removal.
You should be able to get a turn valve from a vendor in the Marketplace at the rally in Goshen.

Peace
Dave

Thanks Dave. I'll look there if I don't find anything around here. That trip is just around the corner.

From Dave

rjr6150

New 13" Memory Foam mattress getting her ready for first trip this spring. Next week heading to have axels checked for alignment, new shackles and wet bolts. New Goodyear G614 went on last week Kathy's last working day is Thursday then we're free.

IMG_1707.jpg

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Enjoy your travels and will see you in Ft Collins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

farside291

Cut down the king frame and replaced king mattress with a Queen Grand Cloud Tempur pedic. WOW! What a difference, second week on it and no more back pains. Threw the old king in the trash.

Chippendale

Removed the electric fireplace, took it into the house and used the kitchen island as a work bench. Replaced the blower motor and heating element, but of course it took a couple of trips to the hardware store for parts the fireplace company did not send me. Tested it out on the back patio with a garden hose ready just in case, but it was not needed as the new blower and heater seemed to work perfectly and the dog seems amazed that I did not burn the house down. Will probably get it reinstalled on Thursday or Friday and be ready for summer weather.

johnpsz

We made a change to our bunk room, added a combo washer/dryer... I have another thread and am trying to put a video together about it, but figured I'd post a few pics here...

From this:
IMG_0015.jpgIMG_0016.jpg

Through this:
20170325_155055.jpg20170328_170430.jpg

Into this:
20170402_133628.jpg20170402_133645.jpg20170402_104235.jpg

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Awesome job on the combo add! Did you have to run water and sewer to it? How so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnpsz

We had a leak in the rear corner and had to pull out some cabinetry and it messed up the counter in the outdoor kitchen, so in "replacing" the messed up cabinetry/counter space we used that area for the back of the washer/dryer combo. The washer dryer is hooked up running and already took an hour and a half cruise from my father-in-laws place back to ours and nothing shifted, and all hose connections stayed intact. We test ran it just after install, then again when we got it home, and love having the ability to wash clothes on out longer trips. We are still working to "finish" the work in the outdoor kitchen, but there was water and grey tank drain right there so that was the other reason for this location. Here are some of the "unfinished" pics of the outdoor kitchen.
Just after cutting the counter top:
20170325_112342.jpg

With the W/D combo hooked up, new wall and shorter counter in outdoor camp kitchen:
20170328_170338.jpg

We have a "removable wall" on the back side of the W/D, accessible from the camp kitchen, but it is just rough OSB right now. We are going to work on it some this weekend and I can post more pics then.

- - - Updated - - -

We also may paint the dryer vent at some later time, the only options were White and Brown, and we figured the Brown was better than the White in that location, lol.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We had a leak in the rear corner and had to pull out some cabinetry and it messed up the counter in the outdoor kitchen, so in "replacing" the messed up cabinetry/counter space we used that area for the back of the washer/dryer combo. The washer dryer is hooked up running and already took an hour and a half cruise from my father-in-laws place back to ours and nothing shifted, and all hose connections stayed intact. We test ran it just after install, then again when we got it home, and love having the ability to wash clothes on out longer trips. We are still working to "finish" the work in the outdoor kitchen, but there was water and grey tank drain right there so that was the other reason for this location. Here are some of the "unfinished" pics of the outdoor kitchen.
Just after cutting the counter top:
View attachment 51128

With the W/D combo hooked up, new wall and shorter counter in outdoor camp kitchen:
View attachment 51127

We have a "removable wall" on the back side of the W/D, accessible from the camp kitchen, but it is just rough OSB right now. We are going to work on it some this weekend and I can post more pics then.

- - - Updated - - -

We also may paint the dryer vent at some later time, the only options were White and Brown, and we figured the Brown was better than the White in that location, lol.

Nice work! But did you put a drain pan under it? It would help prevent damage should a leak occur inside the machine. And yes, things inside can come loose or break.

johnpsz

JohnDar -- No we didn't put a pan in, there is no real way to do a floor drain, and in my research 90% of the RV units don't have pans. I wasn't able to find a pan to fit it, and anything I calculated wouldn't hold more than .5 gal so it would still overload the shallow pan. I did put water shutoff valves in the bathroom adjacent to the bunkhouse so if there was a leak it could quickly be shutdown. I may, if time permits, "build" my own catch pan since I cannot find one that fits the space, I am pretty good at building fiberglass enclosures, but again it would just be a small basin and no way to "drop" the accumulated overflow water based on the location of the W/D unit.

danemayer

De-winterized today.
Double-checked the water heater anode rod (replaced when winterizing last fall)
Added bleach solution to the fresh tank.
Towed the rig about 7 miles to slosh the bleach around the tank and seat new lug nuts.
Tightened the lug nuts.
Started up the fridge on electric and tested LP operation while towing.
Put rust reformer on the frame on both sides.
Changed batteries in the RVLock.
Checked air pressure in tires.

We'll spend a couple of days in Ouray, CO next week and then the Alto, NM Rally the week after.

porthole

Retired
I purchased an Oxygenics head a while back. What I learned is that some (at least mine) holders in the rigs can't handle the weight of it and will continuously droop while using. Wife also did not like the force of the spray. So I took it home and installed it in my shower stall and put an older Teledyne low flow head I had there in the trailer. Gentler spray and the head stays where I put it.

So, to answer your question, it depends on how well the holder in your rig will "lock" in place to handle the weight of a larger shower head.

John, our pole mount has a tension knob on the oposite end of the shower socket. Looks decorative, but tightens up the mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Does this shower head really make a difference? And can I just buy the one at lowes and use it in the camper? LOWES

You take showers in the camper ?

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I know, there is only one Oxygenics. We love ours.

6 that I know of - 2 styles and 3 finishes each :rolleyes:

Bones

John, our pole mount has a tension knob on the oposite end of the shower socket. Looks decorative, but tightens up the mount.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Duane,

Yes we use the shower all the time and the bathtub on occasion for the kiddos.

Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Duane, I know about the tension knob. It still slid down and the nozzle would not stay upright. It does work very well in our home shower stall, though.

tessa

installed my 50 amp EMS-LCHW50 surge protector, vent covers on both fantastic fans and vacuumed out the basement area where all the wires and plumbing is. isolated all the water lines that vibrated. still need to do something to the water pump. been wanting to get these projects done for a while now. good to be able to stay at my MIL's where I can get this done