Veneer wood question in Sundance 5th wheeler?

Schmidty

Built in 2013 but considered a 2014. I'm wondering if most 5th wheel campers use veneer for everything except the cabinets. Love the camper layout but I'm thinking the interior veneer may simply peel/fall apart. We have a 3400 QB.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Most mid grades such as the Sundance, use veneers on some wood part (cabinet stiles for instance). This is pretty prevalent across the RV industry. As you go up to more expensive models you start finding all finished wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Excessive humidity or water intrusion from a leak might cause wood veneer to separate from it's backing. Has this happened in the past?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you look inside most RV's, including the high end ones, you'll find it's not truly veneer (that's real wood, albeit thin), but a wrap that ends about halfway around the backside. I was disappointed looking into a pass through cabinet on a LM, to see bare wood (or MDF) inside on the carcase frame.

ncc1701e

Built in 2013 but considered a 2014. I'm wondering if most 5th wheel campers use veneer for everything except the cabinets. Love the camper layout but I'm thinking the interior veneer may simply peel/fall apart. We have a 3400 QB.

On our second Sundance and never had that problem.

Schmidty

I looked at what is considered a higher end camper and it is veneered like my sundance. One thing I noticed is that most campers don't have the wood trim around the inside of the windows like my sundance. I'm sure the exposure to the heat, humidity, and cold caused the problem. I can see why wood isn't around the windows in most campers.