Amzdeal Shower Diverter valve

B

BouseBill

Wondering if anyone has attempted to install an Amzdeal or Rozin wall mount thermostatic mixing valve in the BigHorn unit.

Thinking about taking on that project next.

https://youtu.be/L5vy1Nxvc-Y

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BouseBill

Just got around to installing the Amzdeal shower diverter valve. First off the diverter was not of the quality I expected, the brass water fittings were of a poor quality, Chinese castings had pin holes causing leaks in two different valves, we finally got those replaced.
Over all the install was not as easy as shown on the You Tube video:):rolleyes:
Due to the weight of the unit I wanted to "beef" up the shower wall so I added a back plate to the shower wall, attached with stainless steel painted screws, the brass fittings then did not have enough thread left to bottom out the water supply line causing leaks, back to the hardware store, added a 12 in braided water line with a plastic coupler.
Between the braided water line and brass fittings I added a small rubber washer to preclude any water leaks there.
Finally!! coiled the braided lines in the space behind the shower wall, hooked up the shower head and took a shower :D:D

Would I do it again, probably not, it was a PITA install for sure.

Attachments

• shower2.jpg
    shower2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 101
  • shower1.jpg
    shower1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 101
  • finished shower.jpg
    finished shower.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 107

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wow, it looks great, thanks for sharing! Sounds like how most of our projects go......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

I'd thought about doing that as well. Problem is when I use the shower hose shut off, every time I'd turn it back on it was ice water. Now I just shut off both hot and cold valves off and then when I want more water, I turn them both to where I know they should be. Actually I turn one (I can't remember which one) on to full and turn the other to where it should be. Works perfect every time. Can't convince the DW to try it and I hear screams come from the shower at times. 😱😱 Oh well 😯